Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Gourd Dance Dance Clothes Dance Clothes

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Dance Clothes

Ok while we are on the subject
I wear my moccasins nice slacks
and either a white or colored shirt
no hat
But i have seen pictures of older dances and cowboy hats were seen as far as the eye could see
along with cowboy boots
I am not talking dances down Carnegie way but in Oklahoma and many years ago
Thoughts anyone
Old 01-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
no i dont think that honers the ppl ,in circle but it also could be at some powwows it is ok the one in austin tx itstold no dont do that,i have a aplicad vest made by a woman that is a trader and her mother sold it to me whill her daughter made it whill she was in germeny i saw them together at the last powwow and thank them both for the wonderfull work put in to the cloth thay make.
the vest
has much patterns on one one side is the cowboy on a bull kicking high with him on his backwith a ribben with of indian shapes cutting tho that side of the vest then on the other side of the frount of the vest isi pannaled with indian print colors ribben and one small panale of cowboy to inside then a black planel then a indian wide panel then black
the back is a 8 pointed star with the bull and cowboy center then the same indianprint ribben squard around the star
with one wide band across the top of indian ribben ,with mulite colors in it with germetic signs dimoend shapesand thesmall cross in side each,
it is something to look at the the work is masters leavle,
but i was chidded by mc for bring in the cowboy to cicle and was asked to wear reagla more treshanel ,now he said this on open mike and maybe i did not hear him right but thats what i though he said and i did offer tobico to host drum so maybe that was the answer just for me but there is a reason the vest that i love and it does have cowboy and a suggeston was made,so......thaer you have it i dont know lol

Last edited by 2lineCarrandMorgan; 01-24-2007 at 04:32 PM..
2lineCarrandMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-24-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,584.70
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
Ok while we are on the subject
I wear my moccasins nice slacks
and either a white or colored shirt
no hat
But i have seen pictures of older dances and cowboy hats were seen as far as the eye could see
along with cowboy boots
I am not talking dances down Carnegie way but in Oklahoma and many years ago
Thoughts anyone

Josi,

When I dance, I dress like you but also wear a white sheet around my waist.

It is also one of the few time a year when I braid my hair.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
Cherokee/Seneca/Baby

ADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
I try and stick with whoever is hosting the Gourd Dance ask for. I've been to dances where short sleve shirts and hats are not allowed. I've been to gourd dances were anything and everything is allowed.

However,

I also wear a nice pair of slacks, a dress shirt and tie and mocs, along with all my gourd dance regalia. Good topic to bring up.
ADcRezFamily is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #5
Gourd Dancer

okieal is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
in the past on rare occation I have also seen leg garters with dress pants. Some looked very nice.
Any thoughts?

Last edited by okieal; 07-28-2007 at 11:19 AM..
okieal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2007, 12:42 PM   #6
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
I was at Indian Hills yesterday during the Gourd Dance session and saw something that Whome brought up a few posts ago

Ndn man was wearing Khaki slacks, Moccs and Long Sleeve Dress shirt, he had braided his Hair and a White Sheet around his waist.

Just had not seen that outside the Annual dances down Carnegie way and South of Carnegie...
But it was really good to see the dress style around here in Oklahoma is moving back toward what I had been told was proper dress.

No ball caps or short sleeve shirts
NO blue jeans, they are going away also
More and More I am seeing slacks, Long sleeve shirts and more men wearing there Moccasins!
Old 07-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #7
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 70,575.59
That's good ! Perhaps the respect is growing.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links