Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Gourd Dance Gourd Dance Honoring Orval Kirk Gourd Dance Honoring Orval Kirk

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
luvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 289.33
Savings: 1.00
Gourd Dance Honoring Orval Kirk

Sunday, September 28, 2008 at the Kickapoo Complex, Mcloud, OK

Program to start at 2PM, supper break, resume gourd dance until ???

Head Gourd Dancer is Cecil Wapacechi
Head Lady Dancer is Kim Kirk
Head Singer is Rowe Kishketon

This dance is to honor Orval Kirk and his many contributions to the pow-wow world through his many years of serving as emcee. He has recntly been rediagnosed with cancer and the family wants to honor him once again, prior to his beginning treatments for this terrible illness.

So please, if you can feel free to join us. Come share the day with Orval and the rest of the family. Everyone is welcome and I am betting that this dance will as great as they always are in Kickapoo Country!

If you have any questons, please pm me. I hope to see everyone there. Thank you.

Last edited by luvstraightdancrs; 09-19-2008 at 12:14 PM..
luvstraightdancrs is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 25,085.45
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvstraightdancrs View Post

Sunday, October 28, 2008 at the Kickapoo Complex, Mcloud, OK

Program to start at 2PM, supper break, resume gourd dance until ???

Head Gourd Dancer is Cecil Wapacechi
Head Lady Dancer is Kim Kirk
Head Singer is Rowe Kishketon

This dance is to honor Orval Kirk and his many contributions to the pow-wow world through his many years of serving as emcee. He has recntly been rediagnosed with cancer and the family wants to honor him once again, prior to his beginning treatments for this terrible illness.

So please, if you can feel free to join us. Come share the day with Orval and the rest of the family. Everyone is welcome and I am betting that this dance will as great as they always are in Kickapoo Country!

If you have any questons, please pm me. I hope to see everyone there. Thank you.
Do you mean Sept 28th???
Oct 28th is a Tuesday
Old 09-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
Senior Dancer

luvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond repute
Yes I did mean September and have corrected the mistake. Thanks for pointing out that I made a mistake!!!!!!! LOL!

Hope to see you guys there!
Old 09-19-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
Powwow Dude

Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvstraightdancrs View Post
Yes I did mean September and have corrected the mistake. Thanks for pointing out that I made a mistake!!!!!!! LOL!

Hope to see you guys there!
Glad I could be of service
We will be there, with baked goods in hand....
Old 09-19-2008, 07:58 PM   #5
Senior Dancer

Glad you are going to make it and that your bringing goodies. told Sam that I would work on cake walk, always a good thing to have. Going to do the one for New Years Day as well.

But anyway......want to tell you guys again that I appreciate your help with all this. It's kinda spur of the moment and we really want it to be nice for him.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:56 AM   #6
cherosage

CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 916.83
I want to apologize now for not being able to be there.

I just can't believe that Luvstraightdanrs actually made that mistake.

Dance a set for me please.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:08 AM   #7
Senior Dancer

Sorry to hear you can't make it Cherosage. Would love to see you there. And yes, I do make mistakes....not often mind you (LOL) but once in a while. Will dance more than one for you!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:43 AM   #8
Powwow Dude

Morning
Still trying to wake up and collect my thoughts
It is not often and very rare to witness the birth of a Gourd Song.
These songs go far back in time and have been sung for generations.
So to witness the birth of one I feel forntunate.
Leonard Cozad Jr wrote one for Orval Kirk and it was sung for him yesterday, a Gourd Song. Orval promptly put it on the drum for all to learn and sing.

Good day it was
Old 09-30-2008, 10:30 AM   #9
Senior Dancer

Josiah, it was a good song, made by a great singer who has known my dad for years. I cannot wait for those that were singing to learn it so we can hear it more often. There are a lot of words in the song, something you don't hardly hear any more. Dad was pleased and I believe that it made his day.

Thanks to you and Val for being there, we really appreciate all you do for us and your friendship. Just to let you know, we have your shade, picked them up yesterday. Will get it to you next time we are together. Thanks again and I am glad that you were there for the song presentation.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #10
Powwow Dude

The time we had with Orval during this dance takes on a greater meaning with the news of his passing from this Earth.

We are fortuate that so many got together in his behalf to make this Dance happen!!!

And the Gourd Song that was written and sung for him also takes on a greater signifigance!

Never wait another day to tell the ones that you admire and love that you have them in your heart
For tomorrow may dawn that they are no longer here on this Earth...

Orval Kirk knew without a doubt the many lives he touched and with the Highest regard he was Held...

My fondest memory will be of him hearing His Song sung for the first time and being with Family and friends while its happening. That will be a memory I keep forever...
Old 10-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #11
Senior Dancer

Thanks Josiah for your kind words. It was an awesome experience for all of us that were there.

Not sure what I am going to do without him here and at future dances, but I know that once his song is learned, we will all have great memories!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:54 AM   #12
Junior Dancer

Ivanasnagu is a glorious beacon of light
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
Never wait another day to tell the ones that you admire and love that you have them in your heart
For tomorrow may dawn that they are no longer here on this Earth...

Beautiful words.............
Ivanasnagu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links