Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Gourd Dance A history of the Gourd Dance. A history of the Gourd Dance.

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2004, 11:55 PM   #61
USMC

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Zotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Zotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,588.46
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss tradish
...you talk about being members of all these societies, but you don't ever show up...why is that????
eh?
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Zotigh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2004, 12:04 AM   #62
USMC

Zotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
you seem to be telling everybody off, that they don't know anything and that they need to go to kiowa country to get answers
I told one person 'off' about them thinking that our Gourd Dance should be 'public domain', and when they said that the ownership by our tribe of the Gourd Dance should be 'dropped'. Does that offend you?

I've never told anyone to 'go to kiowa country'. Can you quote me on that somewhere?
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 10-14-2004, 12:35 AM   #63
Pow Wow Visitor

miss tradish is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Cool damn..

don't get all defensive....stuff that people say on here does make me mad..but we can't help their ignorance.....what about my other question?...
miss tradish is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2004, 12:44 AM   #64
USMC

Quote:
.....what about my other question?...
About 'not being there'?

Do I know you? Where did I not see you?

What family are you?
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 10-14-2004, 12:55 AM   #65
Pow Wow Visitor

excuse me...

yes..

i go to every ceremonial and celebration in kiowa country...i even camp at every one of them....

I come from a family that everybody knows of.... what does that have to do with anything?
Old 10-14-2004, 01:00 AM   #66
USMC

you said you don't see me at whatever event you are talking about.

Asking who you are that I don't see you.
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 10-14-2004, 01:10 AM   #67
Pow Wow Visitor

what..

I don't see you at black leggins, kiowa gourd clan, etc.

you probably did see me but never paid any attention....but i see people and i've never seen you....
Old 10-14-2004, 01:19 AM   #68
USMC

Quote:
I don't see you at black leggins, kiowa gourd clan, etc.

you probably did see me but never paid any attention
hehe

I didn't see you...yet, I don't know you.

You're right...by that logic, I don't go anywhere...not even to the grocery store.
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 10-14-2004, 01:30 AM   #69
Pow Wow Visitor

hehe!

you're probably the only person who doesn't know me...well,.....how come you don't ever go any where?.....you can talk the talk but can't walk the walk....lol.... let's just say , if you do come to gourd clan then you're invited to my camp...i'l give you a hint where it is....it's up front!
Old 10-14-2004, 01:34 AM   #70
USMC

Quote:
you're probably the only person who doesn't know me...well,.....how come you don't ever go any where?.....you can talk the talk but can't walk the walk....lol.... let's just say , if you do come to gourd clan then you're invited to my camp...i'l give you a hint where it is....it's up front!
I won't be the only person not knowing who you are, "miss tradish". Since you won't say who you are.

But, if you are camped at Carnegie this coming July, I'd be honoured to come to your camp, ma'am.
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 10-14-2004, 01:36 AM   #71
USMC

Of course...still not knowing who you are, I'll probably miss your camp, and then I'll not be there again. :P

I'm Scott Zotigh, ma'am.

Who are you?
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 10-14-2004, 01:41 AM   #72
Pow Wow Visitor

okay, okay

okay, ..my camps are next to the concession stand....the big green one is my grandfather's and the white on right next to it is my father's ....if that isn't a bigger hint...then it has been a long time since you've been there....
Old 10-14-2004, 01:44 AM   #73
Pow Wow Visitor

Can you guess my last name now?
Old 10-14-2004, 01:44 AM   #74
USMC

k....I'm done playing games.

I'm heading to bed.

g'night, miss anonymous.
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 10-14-2004, 08:46 PM   #75
I don't do this for fun!

TacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
TacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 232.00
Talking

Hey Scott My familys camp is were you first drive in from the road down the hill.... can you guess my name??? I give you a clue it starts with K..... Miss Tradish I don't know you either... talking crazy....??? :dontknow: All I know when it's time to Greeze I can be found Camp Hopping!!!

"Sit Down and Eat"

"I Just ate"

"I Didn't ask you if you already ate"

"EAT"!!,

Or,

"Come to our camp and Eat!"

"Alright"!
Old 10-14-2004, 08:48 PM   #76
I don't do this for fun!

TacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
TacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 232.00
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNTacO49
Hey Scott My familys camp is were you first drive in from the road down the hill.... can you guess my name??? I give you a clue it starts with K..... Miss Tradish I don't know you either... talking crazy....??? :dontknow: All I know when it's time to Greeze I can be found Camp Hopping!!!

"Sit Down and Eat"

"I Just ate"

"I Didn't ask you if you already ate"

"EAT"!!,

Or,

"Come to our camp and Eat!"

"Alright"!
Maybe this is why my bote keeps growing
Gwah!!
Old 10-14-2004, 11:05 PM   #77
Taskahoi Atsuti

LSS has a reputation beyond repute
LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 278.94
Here is something...dunno if its been said yet...but, here it goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotigh
With over 500+ tribes in the US today, why are only a tiny portion of customs of a select few tribes being practiced and sought?
To my understanding, (and please anyone, if I'm incorrect, please help me out here) many of the tribes there in Oklahoma and in the surrounding areas that are noted for strong ties within our "southern culture" belong to the same language family. I think sometimes, not all the time though, some people who seek out these customs and ways are doing so b/c their own ways may no longer exist. AND, these ways may be the strongest and closest related customs around.

Just my two cents worth. Maybe inflation won't make them worthless across the border.
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!
LSS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2004, 11:39 PM   #78
USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSS
To my understanding, many of the tribes there in Oklahoma and in the surrounding areas that are noted for strong ties within our "southern culture" belong to the same language family.
Not many. Most of us ended up in Oklahoma 'cause we were moved there to the reservations that were once "Indian Territory".

Not many of the tribes moved to Oklahoma had anything in common with the other tribes moved there. Some did..but, not many.

Comanche have ties linguisticaly to the Shoshone. Wichita to the Waco, etc.

Kiowa have no other language relative. They say our language is grouped with the 'Tanoan' languages. But, I talked to a linguist who knows the Aztec language (which is also Tanoan) for similar words. We compared the base words for 'mother', 'father', 'hand', 'you', 'me', etc. None of which even remotely sounded like Kiowa. So, I don't know why Kiowa language is grouped as "Tanoan".
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 10-14-2004, 11:44 PM   #79
USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNTacO49
Maybe this is why my bote keeps growing
Gwah!!
:D

I love 'Bote' (belly or stomach).

Closest I get to it down here is 'Menudo'. Which is also delicious. :)
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 10-14-2004, 11:54 PM   #80
Taskahoi Atsuti

LSS has a reputation beyond repute
LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 278.94
alright....cool.....
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!
LSS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links