Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should Gourd Dance be a male-only dance?
Yes 30 76.92%
No 3 7.69%
I don't have anything to do with Gourd Dance, but I think females should be able to dance. 1 2.56%
I don't have anything to do with Gourd Dance, but I think only males should dance. 4 10.26%
I don't know. 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Gourd Dance Should Gourd Dance be a male-only dance? Should Gourd Dance be a male-only dance?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 01:42 AM   #1
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Should Gourd Dance be a male-only dance?

It was requested that we should have a new poll regarding this question, which I think is a better way to put it...
Old 11-25-2008, 03:10 AM   #2
USMC

Zotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Zotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,588.46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
It was requested that we should have a new poll regarding this question, which I think is a better way to put it...
Thank you, Josiah.

Our Gourd Dance is a male dance.

Many folks were taught that our Gourd Dance was a "Veteran's Dance", and that is not the purpose of our dance.

Our dance pre-dates the term, 'veteran'.

The Gourd Dance is a male dance.

In much the same way as if I were to say, "The Boy Scouts is an organization for boys."

I don't think the Girl Scouts begrudge not being Boys.

There are female societies and male societies in our tribe that help and support eachother.
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Zotigh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
Holy Indian Taco Batman!

hobbs49 has a reputation beyond repute
hobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 49.99
It's kind of weird to be asking "Should Gourd Dance be a male only dance?" Everything that I've been taught, (dogpile on hobbs here if you must), says that Gourd Dance *IS* a male only dance. It traditionally HAS BEEN and today it is MOST COMMONLY done that way (I am purposefully avoiding the word 'always').

The question seems to be asking should Gourd Dance be changed to allow for women to dance? I guess my response to that is another question, "is it still Gourd Dance then?" It seems that overall the question should be left to the Kiowa Gourd Clan and/or Kiowa Tiah-pah Society to answer.

Through the years I've seen women take on the role of fancy dancers, hoop dancers, powwow singers (up north), MCs, and other roles often traditionally reserved for men in the past. Zotigh, the drum group, has a really keen sounding women's veteran's song out there; the first that I had heard. I guess what I'm getting around to is that the dominant culture's ideas of gender equality are making inroads into traditional ways. But does that or should that mean that everything must change? I think not.

Some might say, man you're a hobbs, what right do you have to even comment? Well, as a hobbs, let me say that my goal is to NOT cause change. I enjoy participating in powwows and Gourd Dance to the extent that I do. I don't want to purposefully change it or hurt it. I'm a sponge, I learn as much as I can and I do the best that I can with what I know. I have a lot to learn; but I want to do things right. If asked I will give my opinion or tell of my experiences. I question those hobbs who are authorities and always trying to tell everyone how it should be done; whether asked or not. What are their motiviations? What's in it for them? Who put them in charge? I mention the above, because I view those who are looking to change traditional dances such as the Gourd Dance or the Hethuska (or any of it's other tribal names). I'm not sure who's suggesting these changes be it hobbs, new agers, or bonafides. But I must ask, What are your motivations? What's in it for you? Who put you in charge?
Old 11-25-2008, 11:23 AM   #4
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs49 View Post
It's kind of weird to be asking "Should Gourd Dance be a male only dance?" Everything that I've been taught, (dogpile on hobbs here if you must), says that Gourd Dance *IS* a male only dance. It traditionally HAS BEEN and today it is MOST COMMONLY done that way (I am purposefully avoiding the word 'always').

The question seems to be asking should Gourd Dance be changed to allow for women to dance? I guess my response to that is another question, "is it still Gourd Dance then?" It seems that overall the question should be left to the Kiowa Gourd Clan and/or Kiowa Tiah-pah Society to answer.

Through the years I've seen women take on the role of fancy dancers, hoop dancers, powwow singers (up north), MCs, and other roles often traditionally reserved for men in the past. Zotigh, the drum group, has a really keen sounding women's veteran's song out there; the first that I had heard. I guess what I'm getting around to is that the dominant culture's ideas of gender equality are making inroads into traditional ways. But does that or should that mean that everything must change? I think not.

Some might say, man you're a hobbs, what right do you have to even comment? Well, as a hobbs, let me say that my goal is to NOT cause change. I enjoy participating in powwows and Gourd Dance to the extent that I do. I don't want to purposefully change it or hurt it. I'm a sponge, I learn as much as I can and I do the best that I can with what I know. I have a lot to learn; but I want to do things right. If asked I will give my opinion or tell of my experiences. I question those hobbs who are authorities and always trying to tell everyone how it should be done; whether asked or not. What are their motivations? What's in it for them? Who put them in charge? I mention the above, because I view those who are looking to change traditional dances such as the Gourd Dance or the Hethuska (or any of it's other tribal names). I'm not sure who's suggesting these changes be it hobbs, new agers, or bonafides. But I must ask, What are your motivations? What's in it for you? Who put you in charge?
The main reason for the new thread is the confusion with the Gourd Dance being perceived as a "Veteran's Dance" in that context, Women Veteran's who had served honorably seemed to be excluded...

So....

Since the Gourd Dance is NOT a veteran's Dance then the Question:
"Should the Gourd Dance be a Male-only Dance"; is asked within the correct context.

I say yes.

Last edited by Josiah; 11-25-2008 at 11:28 AM..
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
We'll See....

kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
It is a dance that has a role for men and women. Those roles are clearly defined.
kiyaanii mom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-27-2008, 02:15 AM   #6
USMC

Zotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyaanii mom View Post
It is a dance that has a role for men and women. Those roles are clearly defined.
And, you are defined as OUTSTANDING :)

Your post made me happy to read.

Thank you.
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 12-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #7
fish soothsayer

streamhawk has a reputation beyond repute
streamhawk has a reputation beyond reputestreamhawk has a reputation beyond reputestreamhawk has a reputation beyond reputestreamhawk has a reputation beyond reputestreamhawk has a reputation beyond reputestreamhawk has a reputation beyond reputestreamhawk has a reputation beyond reputestreamhawk has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 382.35
to me this is like asking, "should fish swim?", or "should birds fly?". It is what it is, and if it's something that changed, then I might look into dancing fancy shawl or jingle. I think Scott's anaolgy of girl/boy scouts is on cue. I really don't see this open to debate.
streamhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #8
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,963.51
Quote:
The question seems to be asking should Gourd Dance be changed to allow for women to dance
Unfortunately, the answer to this question is pretty meaningless.

Quote:
I guess my response to that is another question, "is it still Gourd Dance then?"
Begging the question is one answer, but that grows reflexive and smacks of, "I'll take my ball and go home." It's far too late for that.

Quote:
It seems that overall the question should be left to the Kiowa Gourd Clan and/or Kiowa Tiah-pah Society to answer
Except, of course, they aren't who will get to answer this question. (In fact, they've already lost control of how the dance is interpreted.)

It will only get worse. At some (relatively soon) point, currently unheard of things will appear with regularity. There's really no getting around that.

Getting back to the premise, "should," has nothing to do with it. It just is.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #9
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
I have to agree with K-mom here.

I thought about posting in the other thread, I had been watching it, but didn't post.

I am not Kiowa, but I am a woman and about 4 years ago I had the great honor of going to OK with a very good friend of mine who is Kiowa and her father is in a Gourd Dance Society.

While there I was truely honored to not only attend one of the Society Dances, but to also have been invited to participate (in the womens fashion) at an Honor dance.

Women do have their place (roll) if you will in this dance and why should we not embrace it and honor it as it has been done for generations. Why should we try to change things? There really is no reason, that I can think of.

Now, here's something too. A good friend of mine was talking to a man once who was not Native. The man made some comment (in front of me) about how women used to walk behind the men and he said some other stuff. Well my friend popped off and said "Now, hold on there. Many are getting confused. If you think about it: the men are the Warriors and the women are the life givers who keep our people going strong. They also protect and care for the children which is our future. So the Men (Warriors) would go first to protect the women (and children) in case of danger not to degrade or put down a woman in anyway, but to protect her and the future of our people." I liked it when he did that.

I was lucky enough to have been invited and the man shared some with me and it was great. But as said before: Women do have their role and I appreciate the roles and wouldn't want to change that at all.
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-19-2008, 11:30 AM   #10
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,915.95
Savings: 0.00
Well said! timmy tiger !!!

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.
Tibiki Kinew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-19-2008, 06:33 PM   #11
Self-Righteous Injun

Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
Why should we try to change things?
I don't think we'll try to change things, I just believe it inevitable.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:04 AM   #12
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
I don't think we'll try to change things, I just believe it inevitable.

Well, I had to think about how to answer this a little bit so as not to come off in the wrong way.

Although there is always some form of "Evolution" (for lack of a better word right now) in almost all parts of life, the idea that a Warrior's society has to or would be expected to evolve to include women as Warriors of the society just doesn't really sound right to me. As my Uncle has said and explained to me many many times: there is so much more to being a Warrior then just being a Vet (and he is a Vietnam Vet and says that). There are women vets and I honor them for that, but that is very different then being in a Warrior Society.

Honestly here, and don't everyone freak out at once on me, but as a woman as I was reading/skimming the last thread about this the thing that kept jumping into my mind was: Women's Lib gone crazy.LOL I'm sorry guys, but it's the truth here. It started out all for a good reason and with good intentions and then went totally off the deep end--in my opinion here.

Again, women do have their place in the Gourd Dance and it's an honorable place too, not degrading or less then anyone or anything. So why should it be inevitable that it has to or is expected to change? I don't see it that way. I more see it as some might want to change it and will do whatever they can to do just that, in some cases here. And I still feel that it is and should be a Male dance.

Last edited by timmy tiger; 12-20-2008 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: added something.LOL
Old 12-21-2008, 02:42 AM   #13
USMC

Many of us don't have anything to do with Jingle Dress dance, so we don't hang around on "Jingle Dress' forum posting for or against that dance that belongs to the Objiwe folks.

But, many folks that have nothing to do with Jingle Dress post and post about that dance on their forum, whether it belongs to them or not.

Likewise, we don't tend to think about the folks that have nothing to do with our Gourd Dance hanging around this forum posting about our dance without knowing very much about our dance.

The future of our dance belongs to us, not them.

The legacy we pass to our children is what you and I pass to our children, and that is untouchable.

You and I were gifted the dance. We didn't just take it for our own. The medicine we receive from our dance is passed along to us and ours from the Red Wolf and in the right way.

We take pride in dancing together.

I think that is what frustrates some folks.
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 12-21-2008, 03:20 AM   #14
Head Dancer

Items Cake
I do think you are right especially about the frustration part.

I've seen and heard alot of people to say "Oh it looks cool, so I want to do it." And that is not what any of these dances are about. Many just see parts or a little of it. To be a part of it and there is a totally different thing altogether.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #15
Self-Righteous Injun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotigh View Post
The legacy we pass to our children is what you and I pass to our children, and that is untouchable.
While quaint and romantic, that is as false a statement as has ever been uttered, by anyone, anywhere.

Good, bad, right, wrong or indifferent, society has significantly more impact than any individual is ever going to be able to produce, in terms of behavior.

To believe otherwise is to pass on the legacy of Col. William Travis who, though noble, died in the face of an unyielding history whilst many other options were available. In sum, it paints a picture of a desperate need to get over oneself.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:48 AM   #16
USMC

I get it now...it's the 'I gotta have the last word.'

You know...it's gonna be kinda hard to get your last word in every forum.

Maybe if you make friends, they could help post in forums that have nothing to do with you when you are not around.

btw..What is your prize?
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 12-23-2008, 01:52 AM   #17
USMC

LOL

doh

His last word follows.

(until someone posts after)

--

Last edited by Zotigh; 12-23-2008 at 02:12 AM..
Old 12-27-2008, 01:06 PM   #18
I don't do this for fun!

TacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
TacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 232.00
Quote:

btw..What is your prize?
that made my day!!! made me laugh!!

hey zeke go hang out in the jingle dress forum and post that men will enivitably dance this dance... or chicken dance and tell them that there will women chicken dancers someday... your train of thought is lost you need some prozac or something.... with these debates....
Old 12-28-2008, 05:41 PM   #19
Self-Righteous Injun

Quote:
I get it now...it's the 'I gotta have the last word.'
Uh, no. It's cutting through the romanticized bull****.

Quote:
btw..What is your prize?
Growth.

What's yours? It looks like stagnation and an inability to think critically.

Last edited by Zeke; 12-28-2008 at 05:55 PM..
Old 01-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #20
Pow Wow Visitor

Hopisun43 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Gourd Dance Male Only?

Romanticised Bull ****? It may be bull **** for a self righteous ego, but as the elders said, "Do it right, no short cuts". That is not romanticised bull ****, it's known as tradition and culture . . . this is what makes us unique as First Americans. Those of us who belong/initiated to a Gourd Society and as veterans know of these things . . . Your words may show the quality of being educated, but are meaningless for us who are committed to continue and carry on the tradition . . . It has been said that those who must have the last word, show their lack of understanding for other human beings.
Hopisun43 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links