Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should women vets be allowed to gourd dance along side the men?
Definitely, they paid thier dues! 37 14.18%
Not in my lifetime. 182 69.73%
Yes, but they should have different type of blanket(added fringe or ribbonwork)fan and shaker/rattle. 33 12.64%
Did someone say women dancers? Woo Hoo! 9 3.45%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Gourd Dance women gourd dancers women gourd dancers

Closed Thread LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 01:53 AM   #841
USMC

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Zotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Zotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,588.46
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
(Insert cheesy broken English Native talk here.)
Wow, dude...

Get off the native hate wagon already.

Don't know what native folks have done to you, but you have lots of issues.

Let it go. Whatever it was...it was probably just a joke or something.

This is not the first time you've brought race into the discussion. Don't know what race you are. Don't care. But, this race hate you've got is gonna eat you up, dude. Let it go. Talk to folks. Find good thoughts.

I know this discussion gets heated at times, but it's just for fun, bud. No one here really dis-likes anyone. Sometimes the humour is missed or misunderstood because of the differences of family upbringing. But, it is all meant in good humour and fun. It's just an Internet forum, bud.

Find peace.

Find your inner-llama.

(see..that was humour. At least, I meant it as such.) :)

Be kewl, dude.
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 09-25-2012, 02:02 AM   #842
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,915.80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotigh View Post
Get off the native hate wagon already.
You have issues with humor?

When a Native speaks in that affected accent, you can rest assured whatever is being said is b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t.

We all know that right?

That's the joke.

Native hate? I possess none. Hypocritical and stupid people disdain? I have much, regardless of race. (If we all did, there would be less stupid people.)

What annoys me is folks thinking it's a racial "hate wagon" when you call dumb folks "dumb."

Folks are dumb because that's just the way that they are. For example, anyone who believes the Gourd Dance -- and other Native activities -- will not radically change over time is just not very intelligent...

It doesn't matter what race you are (or I am)...

Last edited by Zeke; 09-25-2012 at 02:05 AM..
Old 09-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #843
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 29,035.01
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Of course!

1. Nothing is static.
2. Everything changes.
3. To believe otherwise is foolish.

(Insert cheesy broken English Native talk here.)

"That is the way of things."

When a Native speaks in that affected accent, you can rest assured whatever is being said is b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t

im kind of confused now

most ppl talk the way they think,and most ppl type the way they talk and some of the ppl do have accents that don't come across the key board soo now im just confused about why you would say that after saying something that seemed to make sense before you added that

Last edited by 2lineCarrandMorgan; 09-25-2012 at 06:52 AM..
Old 09-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #844
Self-Righteous Injun

Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Perhaps the joke could only translate if you heard me as I was using a technique called adding stage direction as if we were reading a part in a play.

Do you know how, to avoid argument or to make something rest, many Native folk over fifty or so will say something with a slightly mysterious or Windtalker-esque vibe? Like when the old guy in Thunderheart says they "fight like a couple of old women?" Insert cheesy Native talk means to imagine whatever comes next as being said in that affected broken tone. For example, insert cheesy Native accent here:

"We all know people who talk accented on a mic but normal at home."

We do, right? The guy who is all "Victor, let down you hair," in public but speaks normal when asking you to pass the peas. As such, when he puts on airs by using the stage voice, you know what he is saying is 100% affected tripe to the point of ridiculousness. When I said "that is the way of things," you were supposed to imagine that guy, because it was a joke.

Who knows, maybe such folk only exist in Oklahoma...
Old 09-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #845
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,644.84
Now thats funny

Still Disagree with your Theories on the Gourd Dance and "The Change"
Old 09-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #846
Self-Righteous Injun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
Now thats funny

Still Disagree with your Theories on the Gourd Dance and "The Change"
Except, of course, it's happening before our eyes...
Old 09-26-2012, 01:03 AM   #847
USMC

Zotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
When a Native speaks in that affected accent, you can rest assured whatever is being said is b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t.

We all know that right?
Wow...

No.

I grew up surrounded by folks with 'affected' Kiowa accents. My grandparents spoke mostly Kiowa at home and their English was spoken very much with an "affected" Kiowa accent.

Nothing they ever said to me was, bull... bah!

You are one sick puppy, dude. You sanctimoniously raise your eyebrow and look down on native folks you feel are 'less' than you. What a sad person. You spray your hate and discontent at our grandparents, aunts and uncles who may speak with 'affected accents'. Calling them 'dumb' because of the way they speak?!? Really?

I hope folks judge you with the same eye you judge others with. What an ugly person you are, dude.

How sad.
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 09-26-2012, 01:10 AM   #848
Self-Righteous Injun

Quote:
I grew up surrounded by folks with 'affected' Kiowa accents. My grandparents spoke mostly Kiowa at home and their English was spoken very much with an "affected" Kiowa accent.
Perhaps you should Google what "affected" means. I feel reasonably certain that, if you understood the meaning, you'd not be so inanely put off.

Quote:
Nothing they ever said to me was, bull... bah!
"Ever?" Somehow, I doubt that.

Quote:
You are one sick puppy, dude. You sanctimoniously raise your eyebrow and look down on native folks you feel are 'less' than you.
At the moment, merely one who is defensive, carries no sense of living history and needs a dictionary.

Quote:
What a sad person. You spray your hate and discontent at our grandparents, aunts and uncles who may speak with 'affected accents'. Calling them 'dumb' because of the way they speak?!? Really?
Again, know what a word means before becoming so threatened. Or, are you merely affecting fear?

Quote:
I hope folks judge you with the same eye you judge others with.
I certainly hope so: I expect people to think.

Quote:
What an ugly person you are, dude.
Not even close.

Quote:
How sad.
That you don't have any idea what you're talking about? I've thought this for a while.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:23 AM   #849
USMC

Quote:
Perhaps you should Google what "affected" means.
Really?

Is your eyebrow raised again, dude?

"Affected" means 'influenced by'. My grandparent's accent was influenced by their primary language, Kiowa.

What an ugly person you are.
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 09-26-2012, 01:42 AM   #850
Self-Righteous Injun

Quote:
Really?

Is your eyebrow raised again, dude?

"Affected" means 'influenced by'. My grandparent's accent was influenced by their primary language, Kiowa.

What an ugly person you are.
Ugly? Only if you don't read well or possess no abilities with context. Let me help:

af·fect·ed (adj.)

1. Assumed or simulated to impress others: an affected accent.
2. Speaking or behaving in an artificial way to make an impression.

Sum? Folks that affect such an accent without authenticity -- and we all know them, typically when offered a mic -- are laughable. As much as it pains me, try Google, paragraph one.

Bottom line? You're just wrong about the use and meaning of the word, especially in context.

Furthermore, if the folks you mention are authentic, that merely implies they weren't being addressed in the colloquial grouping and only your thin skin has been harmed by virtue of being unable to adequately grasp the written word.

Thusly, if acknowledgment of your comprehension failure makes me ugly? I can't possibly be the only one that is as, basically, you're addressing anyone with even reasonable English comprehension.

That you fall short in this category, and are defensive, has created this issue.

Get a grip, you're embarrassing yourself.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:48 AM   #851
USMC

Quote:
Get a grip, you're embarrassing yourself.
Dude...relax. Everyone reading this has Google. They already know it means, 'influenced by'.

It's okay to be wrong, bud.

Just breathe.

It's just your habit. See example: http://www.powwows.com/gathering/sho...&postcount=555
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 09-26-2012, 01:53 AM   #852
Self-Righteous Injun

Quote:
Dude...relax. Everyone reading this has Google. They already know it means, 'influenced by'.
Oddly enough, that's neither what Google or dictionaries state.

Quote:
It's okay to be wrong, bud.
And you are.

Quote:
Just breathe.
I do, very well, about six times per minute.

Quote:
Sure, I mis-typed. At least I know what I am talking about.

Every sentence you utter moves you backwards on that perception log...
Old 09-26-2012, 02:02 AM   #853
USMC

Quote:
Sure, I mis-typed. At least I know what I am talking about.
So, "Arabic" is now a typo for "Roman"? Sad.

The quote was just to show your hate of native folk.

You are truly an ugly person.

I hope you find help.
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 09-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #854
Self-Righteous Injun

Quote:
So, "Arabic" is now a typo for "Roman"? Sad.

The quote was just to show your hate of native folk.

You are truly an ugly person.

I hope you find help.
Sure, a word slipped a cog but not an entire contextual definition because I didn't know what it meant in the first place. (That would be you.)

Hate of Native folk? Oh, please: that's just "poor me" on your part and not even close to truth. But I do possess a certain disdain for the unintelligent. When they happen to be Native and show thin-skinned ignorance on public web boards only to claim a form of racism when under the lights? Well, that's just special.

Ugly? Only to the ignorant.

Find help? I could send you a dictionary...
Old 09-26-2012, 02:17 AM   #855
USMC

Quote:
I do possess a certain disdain for the unintelligent.
What an ugly person.
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Old 09-26-2012, 02:21 AM   #856
Self-Righteous Injun

Quote:
What an ugly person.
Yes, I see that you are.

Your thin-skinned ignorance isn't very attractive.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #857
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Savings: 0.00
Ok, this is giving me a headache. I'm locking the thread until folks have something to contribute about the dance. If you have something, then you can PM me and I'll open the thread.

Zotigh, Zeke take your debate to PM or start a new thread about reading comprehension.
Itzhecatl likes this.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread