Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives > Pow Wow Singing gathering results gathering results

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2001, 08:14 AM   #21
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Long Otter is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I think ndn_blvd hit the nail right on the head! Well said! I don't know anyone on any of the drums mentioned except that of Stoney Creek.

Toka - take ndn_blvd's words to heart as they stated "So TOKA dont worry bout what u said just remmber always!!! why you are singing at pow wow, and when u figure that out for yourself you will look back at this and say"why did i ever say that"...being a singer myself i also had to figure that out and kep bein reminded why im really singing"

Does the name "Searcher" remind you of anything?

:)
Long Otter is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2001, 12:54 PM   #22
Pow Wow Visitor

TOKA is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh my!!! I haven't been crusin' on here for a while, just haven't been interested. But when I looked on the board I noticed a post by me that said something about Whitefish Jrs. I let a friend of mine use my computer and get on the board. I didn't notice what he was writing, but apparently he did the wrong thing and dissed the hell out of Whitefish Jrs. on an open board. I want to say to all of the members of this forum that I apoligize for what has been written and that I have no personal feelings against Whitefish Jrs. and have a great admiration for their drum group and their accomplishments. Actually, we have sung together at many powwows, since Cherokee powwow back in 1995 and hung out together for a long time. I don't want what has been written on this board to reflect on myself or my drum group.

As far as having respect for drum groups that have been around for a long time, I do have respect for them and so do the other members of my group. I don't know if it is a good thing to have boards such as where people can express their feelings on the internet and if it ads to the politics that plague the powwow world.
TOKA is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2001, 12:02 AM   #23
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
I think everybody should cut Toka some slack.
He (or rather his compadre) made a mistake in questioning a persons knowledge of their language in his post.
I checked out RBWalker tonight and read some stuff concerning this topic on there. Comments online have a nasty habit of getting from coast to coast.
Politics have nothing to do with comments like those mentioned.
It's just respectful to say nothing if one can only come up with negativity. Criticism is good if we can offer a solution or if we can be helpful to someone positively.
Singin_badass can attest to that. He offers his thoughts to the Youngbird singers so that they can improve on themselves holistically.
Singin' is something that we have to dedicate our minds and hearts to - not just our voices.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2001, 01:09 AM   #24
Pow Wow Visitor

Blueridge is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

Hmmmmm....

Seems as if your "friend" should be the one to apologize, TOKA...not you. I hope they have learned a lesson! A real shame to have you misrepresented that way! Sure appears to be a lot of that kind of stuff going around on these boards these days.

Have a good one!

[ May 17, 2001: Message edited by: Blueridge ]
Blueridge is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2001, 01:46 AM   #25
Pow Wow Visitor

Who Cares? is a jewel in the rough
This website name, PowWows.com, should be called Haters.com instead
Who Cares? is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2001, 12:22 AM   #26
Head Singing Judge

Kiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 390.00
I thought the topic was the gathering results? Anyways to completely change the subject, I think Bear Creek deserved to win the drum contest. No matter how sweet your lead singer sounds its the whole group that matters. Bear Creek remind me of the backstreet boys becuz as a group they sound awesome. You put all their voices togethor to form a song and it sounds like one person is singing. Now thats what makes a true drum champion. Other groups that I think posess this important quality are Northern Cree, Eyabay, Wild Horse, and Tha Tribe. As a singer myself I know from personal experience that a unique sound from each drum and the highness in the voices of the singers is what makes the drum special.
And thats what I gotta say!

:)
Kiiwedinong is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2001, 12:02 AM   #27
Pow Wow Visitor

NativeE is an unknown quantity at this point
:) Hi everyone this is Native E I just joined this site not long ago so when I saw the posting by my boy Toka I was shocked. I am also member of Stoney Creek. Im glad he finally got back on here and set the record straight about what his friend did by dissing White Fish JR`s I personally don't think TOKA would say anything like that about any drum especially White Fish JR's. We have sung with them in the past at Cherokee Powwow. We have in the past song alot of their songs and still sing some of them now on occasions. Toka was the one that went to Harvey D with tobaco and ask Harvey for this songs. This is my opion on Harvey D I think he is one of the best lead singers if not the best theirs is. He has one the prettiest voices and he seldom loses his voice. He has his on style and when he leads he comes right back in on the seconds without taking a breath. Thats pretty amazing because we all know that Harvey can put away some cigs. White Fish JR's harmonizes better than alot of other groups out there and they sing just as hard. Im going to thell one little story about White Fish JR's that I experienced at paus wause powwow a few years back. They had a seven man crew. The other groups had full crews. Im not going to call out all the groups that they were there ,but they were big time. Guess who got first White Fish JR's. They got first because they were just that bad. Im going to get off here now ;but I hope I cleared up any hard feelings between my boy Toka my group STONEY CREEK and my boys WHITE FISH JR'S. Peace out to Harvey,Jerry,my boy Percy,Archie and all of WHITE FISH JR'S and to their fans around the trail. :)
NativeE is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 06-02-2001, 01:41 AM   #28
Pow Wow Visitor

jdread is an unknown quantity at this point
this is the time on this site and most of the discussions are good and i usally have no comment. But this topic i could not stand by and say nothing. i'm a member of a drum group and enjoy singing very much, but i will never put down what another drum group sings about or how they chose to sing it. That why there are different groups out there. Any drum group can be beating in contest on any given day. If your singing just for bragging rights, your doing it for the wrong reasons. If you are part of a group be proud of that group, but always remember nobody's the best at anything. One other thing "if you don't a like a groups music don't listen to it"

Judge Dread
KTNJ...till we die
Old 06-03-2001, 12:59 AM   #29
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Wink

Way to go, JudgeD! Amen! :D

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2001, 04:07 AM   #30
Pow Wow Visitor

n_ironstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

hey.. well I didn't get to go down to Gatherings this year.. cause I was broke.. not enuff money to go down to the US.. but anywayz.. Blackstone probly never placed down there cause they missed Fridays session.. but oh well right? cause we ALL know that they are a kick azz drum anywayz..
null
n_ironstar is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2001, 04:58 PM   #31
Pow Wow Visitor

thisguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point
The gatherings was pretty good this year i heard alot of good singing there. Whitefish jrs was the bomb but theres always next time there boys. bear creek was pretty good too. Blackstone was jamming so was mesk. nation.best of luck in the future boys(whitefish jrs. and blackstone)
peace out