Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives > Pow Wow Singing a good northern vet song a good northern vet song

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2002, 10:35 PM   #1
Ta' Shunke Witko

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Pheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
a good northern vet song

from americain warriors cd, written by calvin jumping bull. peahin hanska,oyakilhanpi kun leci. yunke leci yunke sotomniyan yunke lo. (LONG HAIR, you are looking for him over here. he lies over here, he lies amidst the haze of smoke):flag:
MITAKUYE OYASIN... "then I was standing on the highest mountain of them all , and round about beneath me was the whole hoop of the world . and while i stood there I saw more than I can tell . and I Under Stood more then I saw . for I Was Seeing in a Sacred manner the Shapes of All . Hehaka Sapa. dec 1863-aug 17 or 19 , 1950.. listen online TO KILI 90.1 FM porcupine butte
Pheji Wanbli is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 04-11-2002, 02:01 PM   #2
Tiny Tot Dancer

pow-wow-wooer is an unknown quantity at this point
!

Whats with the long-hair thing, man? You're trying to be poetic, and have such strong words, but when I read your posts one word comes to mind...

...JIBBERISH...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Longhair, you were told to get a damn haircut!!!
pow-wow-wooer is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 04-12-2002, 11:24 AM   #3
Ta' Shunke Witko

Pheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond repute
GEORGE ARMSTRONG CUSTER(1839-1876)

an American army officer, won fame as an indian fighter in the west, On June 25, 1876, custer also known to the SIOUX, as yellowhair, and LONGHAIR, and about 225 men under his immediate command were KILLED by INDIANS in the battle of little bighorn. NOT ONE MAN SURIVED, they say it was his last stand,:p geeesh you really hav to explain yourself here , a little boy i know named Wolfgrass is 5 yrs old he knows who LONGHAIR WAS, even my dog barks when hearing his name....
MITAKUYE OYASIN... "then I was standing on the highest mountain of them all , and round about beneath me was the whole hoop of the world . and while i stood there I saw more than I can tell . and I Under Stood more then I saw . for I Was Seeing in a Sacred manner the Shapes of All . Hehaka Sapa. dec 1863-aug 17 or 19 , 1950.. listen online TO KILI 90.1 FM porcupine butte
Old 04-12-2002, 11:32 AM   #4
Ta' Shunke Witko

haircut

o yes the woman cleand his ears out with leather awls, so he could hear better in the spritworld, because he was told not to make war on us, and they scalped him too...
Old 04-12-2002, 11:39 AM   #5
Junior Dancer

man to man is an unknown quantity at this point
good vet. song

long hair or custer he should have not been so bold maybe he would have lived longer.
also lakota victory songs always have names for who the are singing about.
long hair was custer, long nives, were the us calvary, bad mouths, were the germans. so if you don't know about a culture please ask in a respectful way instead of being so bold!!!!!!!!!!

"peace"
man to man is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 04-12-2002, 12:04 PM   #6
Ta' Shunke Witko

thank you man to man

ty again for the teaching to some of these people on the board.
Old 04-12-2002, 12:06 PM   #7
Ta' Shunke Witko

the long knives

are still comming in diff ways
Old 04-12-2002, 02:12 PM   #8
Junior Dancer

man to man is an unknown quantity at this point
re: long knives

sorry about the spelling
man to man is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2002, 09:13 PM   #9
Tiny Tot Dancer

nmiishdiye is an unknown quantity at this point
chimookman
nmiishdiye is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2002, 07:00 PM   #10
Pow Wow Visitor

FRY BREAD has a reputation beyond reputeFRY BREAD has a reputation beyond reputeFRY BREAD has a reputation beyond reputeFRY BREAD has a reputation beyond reputeFRY BREAD has a reputation beyond reputeFRY BREAD has a reputation beyond reputeFRY BREAD has a reputation beyond reputeFRY BREAD has a reputation beyond reputeFRY BREAD has a reputation beyond reputeFRY BREAD has a reputation beyond reputeFRY BREAD has a reputation beyond reputeFRY BREAD has a reputation beyond reputeFRY BREAD has a reputation beyond reputeFRY BREAD has a reputation beyond reputeFRY BREAD has a reputation beyond reputeFRY BREAD has a reputation beyond repute
we are NOT the bakers so who cares
FRY BREAD is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 04-26-2002, 04:57 AM   #11
www.wakalapi.com

Wakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Wakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 336.00
Nake kola c'emamaye...

Porcupine Singers' WWI Veterans' Song (translated):

Friend, you have finally made me cry.
Where have the Lakotas gone?
Friend, you have finally made me cry.

:flag:

Our grandfathers and great grandfathers fought in World War I and although they were born on U.S. soil, they were not entitled to U.S. citizenship because they were NDN. Yet, they faithfully served and some laid down their lives for a Country that sh*** on them and their descendants. Incredible!
Sponsored Links