Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives > Pow Wow Singing Say a prayer for White Fish Jrs. Say a prayer for White Fish Jrs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2002, 02:12 PM   #21
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Tooter is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 366.94
Savings: 0.00
I can't believe what has happened. It makes me very sad to know this. I prayed last night and will continue to pray for this family. This family is very special to me. THey are my little girls relatives. These boys stayed with me and my ex (now) a couple of years ago and they are perfect gentlemen. Percy was always the funny one he could make you laugh all the time. He's so funny. Jerry has a beautiful voice. I love one of his Chicken Dance songs he sings. It's awesome. These guys are like family to me and I hope that everything will get better.
Tooter is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2002, 02:21 PM   #22
Tiny Tot Dancer

pow-wow-wooer is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Much despair for the Dreaver family. Not Much else can be said, just that everyone in pow-wow land feels the pain. Best wishes for the family.

-wooer
pow-wow-wooer is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2002, 08:07 PM   #23
Pow Wow Visitor

singer21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well i dont know where to start this....its hard to see some of the greatest guys and the greatest song makers like this.when i first heard of this i was shock and confused about everything. right now i still cant believe this has happen to these fine group opf singers and tihs family.The dreaver family. all i can do is pray for them and hope to god that they well come out of this. so im sorry to to hear this and myparyers go out to the dreavers.
singer21 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2002, 09:01 PM   #24
Tiny Tot Dancer

NATIVE_DIVA is an unknown quantity at this point
:( I have some more information on the boys..........at this time Jerry, Michael,Serina,Lenny,Shawn,Rhonda & (Dale-who was in the crash but walked away with small injuries) are all recovering from there injuries, but taking time to heal they are all still very weak. Unfortunatly how ever Percy is still not comming out of it. The Dr's had asked the family if they would like to take him off of support, but with the faith they have and prayers they receive from people all over Indian Country are continuing to help him fight for his life. Percy is a very talented person as well as many singers in the powwow world, he comes from a family of 14 and has created a beautiful family of his own with his wife Serina. He is loved by many and we hope and continue to pray for his young life.

If any of you want to send the boys anything to the hospitals where they are located please send them to :
Royal University Hosp.
103 Hospital Dr.
Saskatoon,SK
s7n-0w8
Note : this is where Jerry(rm#631) , Michael(rm#6323), Percy(I.C.U)& Serina,and Rhonda are located.

Victoria Hospital
1200 24th st. w.
Prince Albert, SK.
s6v-5t4
Note: This hospital is where Lenny Dreaver (rm#427), and Shawn(rm#406) are located.

Again thank you for any help and Prayers that can help them thru this tragedy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Family Friend
NATIVE_DIVA is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2002, 02:58 AM   #25
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Thank you so much for posting this info, Native Diva!! That has been the biggest question from the many people that I tell - they want to know where they could send something. We will continue to keep this family in our prayers.
Smokin' Ace is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2002, 10:02 AM   #26
Tiny Tot Dancer

I have some sad news for all of you. Early this morning sometime after 12:00 a.m. on January 9th, 2002 Percy Dreaver had passed away in Royal Canadian Hosp. Saskatoon,SK. This is a sad situation for the family. I do not have much to say at this time.......I will let all of you know more information later this evening on where they will be handling the funeral services. But at this time the family are mourning the death of Percy Dreaver.

Percy was in his mid-twenties, with young children with his wife Serina. I hope and pray that these children will always grow up with knowing that there father was a great person, not only to the family but to the powwow world.

Please if you have any positive thoughts that you can share about Percy please post them. He should be remembered that way.And for those that may not have known him personally.

Thankyou all for your prayers & thoughts............................

Family Friend..................
Old 01-09-2002, 10:37 AM   #27
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
A very sad day

I t is a very sad day, not only for the immediate family but also the family on the trail. We grieve with the family. He has left a legacy of song. He sang year round. In the warm months, powwow songs. In the winter, Round dance.

The Dreaver family is in our prayers.

Baa maa pii G'Waabmin, Percy

Ahow
Kiwehnzii is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2002, 11:05 AM   #28
Tiny Tot Dancer

Tooter is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 366.94
I will miss you Gi-Zhon!!!! (I forgot how he spelled it. I hope that's close to the sound.)
Tooter is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2002, 11:19 AM   #29
Tiny Tot Dancer

SAD DAY FOR A POPULAR SINGER

I remember Percy at Schemitzun one year he was at the drum watching men's traditional and he was so into it he was literally dancing at the drum. We recorded him on video tape, when we got home we all sat around the T.V. and showed him. We all laughed. My sister asked him if he had the urge to dance would he ? He said " If I could get a decent outfit I would."

I thank now he is dancing above us watching over his family. He will always be in our hearts and thoughts. I have many memories of him and the boys always acting silly and just being happy. And I will always remember that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 01:25 PM   #30
Tiny Tot Dancer

skarure is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

thought and prayers go out to the Dreaver family.
it is always hard for us to accept that people have duties in other places, it is all up to the Creator. may Percy go in peace............
skarure is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2002, 01:59 PM   #31
Pow Wow Visitor

eyabay_4_life has a brilliant futureeyabay_4_life has a brilliant futureeyabay_4_life has a brilliant futureeyabay_4_life has a brilliant futureeyabay_4_life has a brilliant futureeyabay_4_life has a brilliant futureeyabay_4_life has a brilliant futureeyabay_4_life has a brilliant futureeyabay_4_life has a brilliant futureeyabay_4_life has a brilliant futureeyabay_4_life has a brilliant future
OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE DREAVER FAMILY,FROM THE EYABAY SINGERS...WE KNOW THIS WAS A TREMENDOUS LOSS NOT ONLY TO THE POW-WOW SCENARY, BUT ALSO TO THE FAMILY OF PERCY.
WE MAY HAVE LOST PERCY...BUT HE'S STILL WITH US IN OUR HEARTS...
YOU'LL BE MISSED....
eyabay_4_life is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2002, 02:49 PM   #32
Pow Wow Visitor

ndn guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and relatives of the Dreavers. I have posted a picture in the gallery of the White Fish Jrs that was taken at the Hand Drum Contest at Schemitzun 2001.

Ndn guy
ndn guy is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2002, 02:56 PM   #33
Pow Wow Committee

tigger has a reputation beyond repute
tigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 250.00
our thought and prayers go out to the Dreaver family and the rest of the guys of White Fish Jrs. these are some tough times and i hope they over come them.

keith (and all they guys from Otter Crossing Singers)
tigger is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2002, 03:04 PM   #34
Tiny Tot Dancer

hoksila is an unknown quantity at this point
We would like to send our condolences to the Dreaver Family during this time of grief.
Percy will be missed by many, but remembered by all.

In sympathy~

~Snake Island Singers
hoksila is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2002, 03:49 PM   #35
Pow Wow Visitor

singer21 is an unknown quantity at this point
The lost of a great singer,person,and father to the powwow trail is a big one. I cant begin my saddness the dreavers are going though. Percy was a good person who never said no to when someone asked him for help. He was such a talented song makerfor the whitefish jrs and the round dance circut. to the whitefish jrs ....im so sorry to hear the loss of your brother Percy...he was a great person and a great friend to me. Im sorry...my prayers are with you and ur families.
singer21 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2002, 05:09 PM   #36
Pow Wow Visitor

Nightime_Sun is an unknown quantity at this point
My heart and prayers for WhiteFish JRZ

I am very sorry to hear about what happened to White Fish JRZ although i do not know then personally, my heart a prayers go out to them and their family. keep singing and keep powwowing.
much native luv, Nightime_Sun
Nightime_Sun is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2002, 05:24 PM   #37
loves southern singn'

I am very saddened to hear of the loss of such a fine, accomplished and established singer such as Percy. There are many hearts and prayers here on the East Coast of Indian Country who are extended to the Dreaver Family. I, myself, can remember hearing the name Dreaver name so many times as a younger singer. Although his physical presence will be missed here on Earth, he is with the Creator now and his Spirit will still live on through the beat of the Drum!

LSS
Jason Evans
  Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2002, 05:37 PM   #38
Pow Wow Visitor

prairie_storm2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Keep On Singing Everyone

I told Percy recently that he was one of my favorite singers. He thanked me for telling him that. He was an inspiration to me Delia and to many. Condolences going out to the Dreaver family and the Whitefish Juniors Singers, and all the singers that Percy came to sing with, and all that sang with him. He was the one there, at the rounddances. He sang alot of songs for people. He did a lot. God we all pray for the family. :Angel2
Delia , Brian, Irvin Waskewitch and all the singers from Spirit Whistle(Old Red Bull)
Thank Your Percy for always being there, for your singing, for your songs, for your inspiration.. Whitefish Jrs, :o (AKAMAYMOK) Let his spirit live on in his songs
Be missed more than words can say! Tapwe!
prairie_storm2000 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2002, 08:14 PM   #39
Tiny Tot Dancer

Unhappy SOME INFO. ON FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR 'PERCY DREAVER'

This is too sad to type..........and hard to it hold together. I had just got off the phone with the family there in Saskatoon. They were appreciative to all the responses we have been receiving thru Powwows.com, and the many phone calls of sympathy.

Harvey said that his whole family were in the room early this morning as they watched his beloved brother slip away from them. All 13 brothers, sisters, and his wife Serina were all able to say there good byes as they slowly watch his heart rate fade away. It is a touching yet sad feeling, but yesterday they let his wife be transported to lay in the bed next to him (Percy). It was sad cause she could barely move to hold his hand knowing that both of her arms were broken, but gained enough strength to hold him. Harvey and his family are trying to hold themselves together and be strong.

The Dreaver family are still making the decisions on how they will be handling the funeral arrangements. But for now this is all that was said : The viewing will start tonite @ 12a.m. until Saturday January 12th @ 12 noon, where they will be setting his soul to rest.
He will be layed out @ The Band Hall in Whitefish, SK.

Note: these arrangements may change, but I will do my best to keep everyone posted.

Thanks again, for all the support to the Dreaver family...........
Old 01-09-2002, 08:53 PM   #40
PowWows.com Addicts

NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,809.51
Just know that like everyone told me last year when my dad died. God has another angel in his choir but now the angel is singing the songs!