Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives > Pow Wow Singing Say a prayer for White Fish Jrs. Say a prayer for White Fish Jrs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2002, 10:56 PM   #41
Oldfart

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Someone suggested to me that it would be a good idea to set up a bank account close to the Dreavers home where whoever wanted to could give a donation to the family. Some of us have been in similar situations, but no where close to the tragedy that befell this family. We can only imagine the costs incurred with burial expenses, transporting the injured to the wake & burial, and numerous other costs. Wow, this will drain the family financially as well as emotionally. They are a proud family. No way would they appeal for financial help. But, I also know that they would appreciate the help if those that want to give are very sincere in our giving. Let's face it, most of us would like to be there to pay our respects and to give emotional support to the family, but are not able to attend.

This is a good way.

Please, if there is someone - a family friend - in the Big River area who could set up an account for the Dreaver family, do so. Inform us here of the name of the bank and account # , so that we may assist the family in this way.

We want to help.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2002, 11:47 PM   #42
Senior Dancer

FAITH has a reputation beyond repute
FAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond reputeFAITH has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

My Condolences to the Family, my prayers are with you.

Last edited by FAITH; 01-12-2002 at 03:18 PM..
FAITH is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2002, 12:06 AM   #43
Pow Wow Visitor

renee_nay_2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
My condolences to the Dreaver Family. They are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 01-10-2002, 01:58 AM   #44
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Native Diva - I want to again say thank you to you for keeping us up to date on the status of this situation. Many hearts across Native America and the world have been affected by this news - it is tragic beyond words. And like our friend Kiwenzii stated - if there was any way that many of us could be there for the services and to be there for the family, we sure would.

I personally have never met Percy or this drum group, but my husband has known and respected them for years. As he describes them, he says they are one of the groups that maintained honesty and loyalty to their people, whether at home or on the road. He has a great deal of admiration and respect for the Whitefish Jrs. family - I am writing this as his wife because he has yet to put together what he wants to say on a public board such as this. But know that our family has kept this family in our prayers - we are sorta numb over it all, actually.

I am in support of what Kiwenzii offered as well - this type of offering would be a good thing.
Smokin' Ace is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2002, 04:00 AM   #45
Junior Dancer

musespirit is an unknown quantity at this point
I have sit here for a while trying to think of the words to say. All I can think of is

I'm sorry

Joyce
musespirit is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2002, 10:16 AM   #46
Pow Wow Visitor

E.FLIGHT2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
This tradgedy has affected everyone who knows the whitefish jrs. All the people from eagle flight send their condolences.
E.FLIGHT2002 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2002, 01:10 PM   #47
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
My prayers are with the family and friends of the Dreaver family. With that being said, If you need us, we are here. There are no words that could soothe the pain of a loss... but I would like to share something.

I lost my father in August to cancer. He had suffered alot... On my way home to be by his side... everything happened. I had to wait on my sister. When we got there no one was home. On our way to the hospital a deer literally ran into the car. My dad tried to wait for us but we were two hours too late. He was gone. I was very angry and acted out in my dreams. I'd be standing in a field yelling at the Almighty saying "You could have let me say goodbye!!!!!" I was mad at them for taking him you see? Then on one cold wet day I went to visit his grave. I am the baby of seven. The closest to my parents. I sat there and looked down and cried. I prayed for a way to let go. 26 years of my life had been with my father. Even though I love him, I didn't want to hold him here.... when I got ready to go... I said my goodbyes and turned to talk away.

Out of nowhere a dandelion popped up and I heard a voice say "pick it up". I thought um....ok and picked it up. As I held that flower in my hand, a voice said blow on it. And I did. The seeds caught to the wind that began to blow along with my air. As I looked at them thinking "ok. whaddahell?" a peace washed over me as it was explained. "You are the seeds. The flower is your father. He has served his purpose. And now it's time for you to serve yours."

Being shown this helped to heal my soul. Hopefully hearing it could do the same for someone else.

Take care
Singing Otter is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2002, 02:28 PM   #48
Tiny Tot Dancer

NATIVE_DIVA is an unknown quantity at this point
That was a very emotional posting Singin Otter. Thank you for your thoughts.

Kiwenzhii, thanks for the wonderful Idea on the bank account. I am waiting to hear from Harvey later this evening to find out if they could possibly set up an account , routing #, etc. so that way we can all contribute our offerings to the greiving Dreaver family. I will let everyone know if this takes place, or if they have other arrangements for people to send contributions.
NATIVE_DIVA is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2002, 07:08 PM   #49
Peace n Mutton Grease

Nezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Nezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 511.00
Savings: 1.00
Unhappy

I am deeply saddened by the loss of one of our powwow family. I personally never met any member of the Whitefish Jr's drum. However, I have had the pleasure in hearing them sing at Gatherings, Stanford, and other Powwows across the nation. A fine group of young men who I have grown to respect. The loss of Percy Dreaver left me holding my own 2 year old son close to my heart.

To Percy's mother, I am sorry, sorry for the loss of such a beautiful young man. You have taught him well. Thank you for sharing his life with us. Thank you for bringing him into life. My heart grieves with you as well as many mothers across the nation. Hozho'o (peace and beauty) to you and your family. His spirit is strong and is in each of our hearts who he has touched with his songs and laughter.

As, for the others, my prayers and thoughts are with you. Your strength and beliefs will help you all for a rapid recovery. Walk in beauty my friends, the creator is standing over each and every one of you.

Native Diva, thank you for sharing all your postings. You have a good heart and alot of strength. Having to share such sad news is hard, but I, we, thank you. Hozho'o (peace and beauty) shik'es (my friend)

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
[email protected]
Nezbah is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2002, 08:38 PM   #50
Pow Wow Visitor

NativeHoney is an unknown quantity at this point
The family of Percy Dreaver will be in our thoughts and Prayers.

NativeHoney is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2002, 09:25 PM   #51
Junior Dancer

Red Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond reputeRed Blanket has a reputation beyond repute
As a young singer I always listen to White Fish Jr. it was like a dream when i was able to sing next to them in Dartmouth a few years ago. My heart ws sadden to know that some singers was in a accident. Now it really breaks my heart to know one has passed. My prayers go out to the family and to those that Inspired by White Fish Jr.

Will
Nanticoke Lenape
Red Blanket Singers
Former Otter Trail Singer
Red Blanket is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2002, 12:12 AM   #52
Pow Wow Visitor

northernwind_inini is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Dreaver Family. Northern Wind expresses its deepest sympathy for this tragic loss. Whitefish Jrs are good friends of us and Percy will be lost dearly. I'm sad some of us never got the chance to meet some of the boys at Big River this past September. Its these kinds of regrets that make us feel bad. I'm sorry for the loss. Whitefish Jrs and the Dreaver family will always be in our prayers.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:39 AM   #53
Southern Cloth Dancer

NdNFriend is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 30.00
for Percy,

You still live in our hearts. You are a great inspiration and you have touched many lives with your singing and for your beautiful songs. You were always the one at rounddances, singing so beautiful, singing with others, and of course making people dance. You don't know how many times my husband would wake me up when he got home and would say"Percy was there, he rocked the house!","Percy came and sang with me","Percy's THE MAN!" and "Percy whipped out some new songs". At times you were all he and Marc would talk about. He looked up to you with admiration and you will be missed dearly. I wanted to thank you for being a great influence to my family and especially to Randy. You will be remembered always.

To the Dreaver family: No words can express how we feel. Our hearts, prayers and condolences are with you.

Love, your drum bro Randy Paskemin and Family
NdNFriend is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2002, 11:44 AM   #54
Northern Singer

BLAZIN'OJIB is an unknown quantity at this point
Condolences

I have respected the Jr.s and their family for being very kind people, I send all my condelnces to the family of Percy and their close and extended relatives.

AHO, NIKAWNIGINA
Old 01-11-2002, 02:51 PM   #55
Tiny Tot Dancer

SouthernDrumSinger is on a distinguished road
Credits: 187.20
Like many have said, it is hard to choose words to say in a time like this. I did not know the Dreavers personally but I do know them by their sound. They are well known over powwow land as a great drum group and a wonderful family.

Here is what I can say hopefully for some comfort.

When something like this happens in my immediate family or when I have lost a loved one, I turn to the drum. There is nothing more comforting than to hear a song sung(whether sung by the group or off a cd or anything). It lifts my spirits and lets me know that everything will be ok. That is what I do and it works. Once again my condolances to the family. Our prayers are with you.

Southern Sun Singers
Old 01-11-2002, 04:36 PM   #56
Pow Wow Visitor

Mystikal_Nation is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy A young singing group

I am the founding member of Mystical Nation Singers. We are a youth drum group from Arizona and we would like to express our condolences to the Dreaver family. We are very sad that this happened and are very sad to lose such a great singer.
We as a young group just barley starting out we learned a few songs from White Fish JRZ and other northern drum groups as well. In our learning of these songs we feel as if we connected to the singing groups.
We would have like to have meet Percy and the rest of White Fish JRZ while on the trail and tell them about us learning their songs.
Maybe in time as the family heals we will meet.
Our prayers and hearts go out to the Dreaver Family and the members of White FIsh JRZ.

Much Native LUV,
Mystikal Nation Singers:Angel2
Mystikal_Nation is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2002, 10:12 PM   #57
Teen Dancer

travelingmocs has a reputation beyond repute
travelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

This is a sad loss for the white fish jrs, for years I have listned to there music. I will be praying for the Dreaver family for a long time. My heart goes out to those little kids who will never know there father like the rest of you all did. But Percy is in a better place and looks out from above...............TMS
Old 01-11-2002, 10:32 PM   #58
Pow Wow Visitor

salcanada is an unknown quantity at this point
This past year is when I really started to listen to Whitefish Jrs. I was in Whitebear and me and my aunt went to go listen to them sing and Percy was leading and he sounded awesome. As soon as we heard his lead we loved his singing. Through the summer and fall we saw Whitefish Jrs on the powwow trail. Every powwow that we went to we were hoping they would be there. I continue to listen to Whitefish Jrs on my CD and I will always think of Percy and his voice whenever I hear them.

Even though I never had the chance to meet Percy, I would like to send my deepest condolences to the Dreaver family and the Whitefish Jr's drum group. The loss of Percy Dreaver is a loss for everyone that knew him and everyone that listened to his singing.
salcanada is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2002, 12:34 AM   #59
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Funeral tomorrow - noon

Tonight and tomorrow are going to be one of the hardest times for the family. All your prayers are needed during this time. The family knows that someday they will meet again, but his physical being is going to be laid to rest and this is something that is so hard to comprehend.
Anyone who has lost a family member can understand what is being felt by the family between now and the actual burial time.
Continue to pray for strength for the Dreavers.

I have news that an account will be set up to assist Percy's family at the beginning of the week. There was so much other business to do by family, but someone will take care of this Monday or Tuesday.

Ahow
Kiwehnzii is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2002, 09:58 AM   #60
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
Credits: 70.00
Angry

I,too, want to say how sorry I am to hear about this terrible ordeal. To have the accident happen and then to have a loved one is never easy. I also lost someone very special to me not to long ago and still miss them very much.
I want the Dreaver family to know that my family and I will be praying for you, my Drum Group will be praying for you, and the church inwhich I pastor will be praying for you. Take comfort in knowing that Percy is singing his songs of praise for the Creator now and that the Creator's comfort will guide all of you and keep you in the days to come.

May the peace of God be with you.
Pastor Clark Stewart
DANCINGEAGLE is offline   Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links