Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives > Pow Wow Singing Say a prayer for White Fish Jrs. Say a prayer for White Fish Jrs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2002, 02:30 PM   #61
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
sewiyakana is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
when i heard about this tragedy i was very sad to hear
that it happened and that in the wake of the accident someone
had to leave, i am expressing my condolences to the Dreaver family and all that have been affected by this tragedy. I was recently at a round dance in Onion Lake Sask, and some of those boys were there and i was like "dang......someday ill sing like that, crisp!..." Those boys are some of the best Round Dance singers out there....The Whitefish Jrs singers have been one of my favourite singers since i have been singin, and thier songs make me feel good about myself and beein Cree....but anyways, even though i didnt know Percy himself, i send my condolences to the family and friends and hope that they will pull through. My prayers are with you all. nikahkesimostematin

sewiyakana
sewiyakana is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2002, 05:27 PM   #62
Someone who's posted alot

nativewife has a reputation beyond repute
nativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond reputenativewife has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

The singers of Owashtinong Chung a ming have asked me to post a message expressing their sincere heart felt condolences to the Dreaver family and the rest of the drum for their loss.

The members of the drum also hope for the best for the other people involved in the accident, knowing their hearts will take much longer to heal than their bodies.

If the services have not occured yet, Owashtinong would like to know where to send flowers.

As for me, I am so very sorry. Please know that the family is in our thoughts and prayer at this time. This tragedy has affected the entire pow wow family from coast to coast.
nativewife is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-13-2002, 06:39 AM   #63
Pow Wow Visitor

sickboy is an unknown quantity at this point
My Condolences.

I've been reading about this here for the past several days. My condolences to the families and friends of Percy Dreaver.

I had a chance to meet and visit with Whitefish Jrs. back in the early nineties, and hadn't seen them very much in a long time since. Was able to watch them sing quite a bit at this past Schemitz though. Myself, I've been losing a lot of people around me these past several of months as well, so to hear about this happening, hits home in a too familiar way and strikes a close and weary chord.

Again, my condolences, comforts, and prayers to the families and friends of Percy Dreaver. My crew will have you and yours in our thoughts and prayers as we hit the road to sing in the coming weeks and months. >>>------->S.
Old 01-13-2002, 05:23 PM   #64
I are an aunt

native_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 503.00
Savings: 1.00
i had just heard of this today...i dont know what to think...i'm sad and feel like crying, these singers have always made my heart dance and when they sang, they sang with all there hearts and as a dancer when your feel that, it gives a very light feeling to ones feet, i grew up listening to my female cousins ooo and aaah over these guys' voices, and i too became a fan...the jacksons here in mn (clara selma norma pamela helen) and the new generation, would like to offer our consolences...we know the feeling and we'll pray to creator to give you all strength, esp. the children...mi-iw mininkwaaikadooyan miigwetch bizindawiyeg...
native_flutterby is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-14-2002, 09:27 AM   #65
Junior Dancer

StoneyClaus is just really nice
On behalf of Stoney Creek (NC), I would like to send the Dreaver family our thoughts and prayers in this time of sadness. We will continue to pray for strength for the family and health for the others involved in the accident.

Stoney Creek Singers
North Carolina
StoneyClaus is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-14-2002, 04:28 PM   #66
Pow Wow Visitor

Bear Creek is an unknown quantity at this point
The members of Bear Creek would like to send our sincere condolences to the White Fish Jr Drum, and their families.

We'd also like to say that Percy will be missed not only by us but, dancers, and everyone who has ever heard a song composed by him. We never knew Percy as well as we know some of their other singers, but he was respected by all of us around our drum.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the jrs.

A-HO
Bear Creek is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-14-2002, 06:03 PM   #67
Pow Wow Visitor

jinglin is an unknown quantity at this point
sympathetic

On January 9th 1980, my family suffered the loss of a brother also, so knowing exactly what the Dreaver family is going thru, my family offers our condolences as we also mourn with you, as 22 years later we are still feeling the pain.

We are honored to have known the Dreaver Boys and to have heard them sing throughout powwow country. The Jrs sing my favorite jingle dress song and just hearing that song makes me feel good. So i thank you guys for giving out those good feelings and in return i would like to offer my families support so in the future you may feel those good feelings.

wa?yok^nole thet^
^wat^nalot^
Yesterday it rained
Tomorrow the sun will shine

lotolish^ he is resting....
RIP Percy

Much Love,
Friend
jinglin is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-14-2002, 06:44 PM   #68
Pro PowWow Spectator

AsdzaaDinehLady has a spectacular aura about
Hozhogoo Nashaa doo

:Angel2

A prayer for the Whitefish Jrs drum group and the families. Along with Nezbah, Nightimesun and Mystikal NationI also wish to express my sincere condolensces at this time.

and give you this prayer:

Hozhogoo Nashaa doo

Shi 'sii Hozhogoo Nashaa doo
Shikeedee Hozhogoo Nashaa doo
Shideigi Hozhogoo Nashaa doo
T'aa altso shinnagoo Hozhogoo Nashaa doo
Hozhoo nahasdlii
Hozhoo nahasdlii
Hozhoo nahasdlii
Hozhoo nahasdlii

In Beauty I Walk

With Beauty before me I walk
With Beauty behind me I walk
With Beauty beside me I walk
With Beauty around me I walk
It has become Beauty again

Last edited by AsdzaaDinehLady; 01-15-2002 at 02:33 PM..
AsdzaaDinehLady is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2002, 01:23 PM   #69
Let's Dance!!

Tradish_Mom has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 170.00
Our Condolences

On behalf of "Callin' Eagle" singers from Northern Az. we wish to express our condolences to the Dreaver Family. Callin' Eagle is a youth drum and have learned alot of Whitefish Jrs. songs. They talk around the drum proudly of them. They (Whitefish Jrs.) have and will continue to be great role models from our upcoming youth in the Powwow world.
Our greatest sympathy to the Dreaver Family.....
Rest in peace Percy.

Powwow Mom from Callin' Eagle (Az.)
Old 01-15-2002, 03:06 PM   #70
Tiny Tot Dancer

NATIVE_DIVA is an unknown quantity at this point
In memory of Percy Dreaver

I haven't been on Powwows.com since last week. And it is nice to hear everyone send there condolences and prayers. My family had heard from Harvey on Sunday. He said that there were atleast over 1500 there at the funeral. Harvey and his family made it thru by being strong and realizing how many people enjoyed them as friends and as a group. He said to thank all of you as he has throughout the duration of the postings.

Harvey and the boys (Whitefish Jrs.) have always tried to bring the group into the powwow world in the "right way". Harvey is a humble person with alot of respect towards everyone he meets for as long as I've known him he has never been disrespectful even during times that "I" thought were bad for him. He tries to influence his singers the same way. There are alot of politics out there and during certain times there has been some people posting some awful thangs about him or the group on here Powwows.com. I am not saying that they are angels, but they have respect. I know that there were times when one of his singers would get out of line by doing some thangs that are not resepectable in the powwow world. Harvey would confront them and try to help them if he felt that person needed it. And Harvey would let them know how he felt. Percy was this same way. Percy was a very loving person who saw thangs similarly. I hope that some day that his kids will grow up knowing this same teaching and respect as there father (Percy) was, and how there uncles are. I am sure that Harvey and the rest of the family will see to it !!!!!!!!!!

Later this evening we are to hear from Harvey & Marie again. They are tryin to get an account started for any of those that want to help them in this tragedy. I will keep you posted to any info. I receive......................take care...........
NATIVE_DIVA is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2002, 03:47 PM   #71
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
Savings: 1.00
It has taken me this long to even try to find any words to express how I am feeling. I still haven't found them. The ache in my heart is too great, and there are no words for that.
Just let me say, Percy will be missed as much as he was loved and respected. Such a unique heart will not be forgotten.

To the White Fish Jrs. and the Dreaver family.
You all are in my heart and my prayers. May you find peace and comfort in your memories and hearts.
Old 01-15-2002, 05:35 PM   #72
Queen of My Own Universe

Takin' Numbers is on a distinguished road
Credits: 30.00
Thank you....

Native Diva....again, for your posts! We all appreciate so much your continuous communication regarding this beloved family! I know it has to be a very difficult time for you as well...yet you keep thinking about updating all of us. Your messages mean a great deal to so many people....

I was wondering how the rest of the family who were injured are doing? I hope and pray they are recovering well! Has anyone been discharged from the hospital yet?

Thanks again....

TN
Takin' Numbers is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2002, 06:36 PM   #73
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Native Diva, as my family and drum continue to pray for the Dreaver family, I am also saying a special prayer for you. Thank you for keeping us updated.
Smokin' Ace is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2002, 06:47 PM   #74
Pow Wow Visitor

bluelake02 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Blue Lake Singers would like to send its heart felt wishes and prayers to the Dreaver and White Fish Jr family. As a memeber of Bluelake we all have had the chance to learn and hear the wonderful songs of White Fish Jrs. No words can describe how much respect, admiration and love we have for the White Fish Jrs and Dreaver family. They serve as role models for the younger guys we have on our drum(including myself). The voice and the smiling face of Percy will be missed but memories and songs will live on forever.
White Fish Jrs are my fav. drum group and will always be. I can not remember a more happy moment than when I sat down and sung with these guys, It was like living a dream come true for me personal. They are all humble and respectful and might i add funny.
On behalf of Blue Lake,
Don Lyons
bluelake02 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2002, 09:28 PM   #75
Pow Wow Visitor

MichMich is an unknown quantity at this point
Information concerning the Dreaver family

I just wanted to make some of the information Native Diva had a little more accurate. I am a close friend of the family and I had been at the hospital for most of that time. Firstly, there were eight people who were in the van at the time of the accident. The driver of the other vehicle was pronounced dead at the scene. They were on their way to Saskatoon round-dance and were then going to keep on going to Beardy's round-dance. These were the four Dreaver brothers who were involved in the accident: Jerry, Lenny, Michael and Percy. Percy's wife Serena was also in the van. Sean M., Dale W. and his wife Rhonda were all present. Jerry suffered 2 broken legs, Lenny had fractured ribs and a bruised lung, Michael suffered a broken leg, Percy suffered 2 broken legs. Percy's wife Serena has a broken leg, and two broken arms. Dale broke his leg and I believe Rhonda broke both her arms. Rhonda gave birth (by emergency C-section) to a healthy baby boy! Only Percy was on life support for a time, and resulting from complication due to his broken legs, Percy passed away on January 9th, 2002. I hope I have clarified some of the information that some of the people had about what happened and to whom... Presently, everybody but Serena and Jerry have been released from the hospital(s). Although, most of those involved in the accident still need prayer for healing, emotionally as well as physically. (Especially Serena) I hope nobody in the family will object to my posting this information, but I thought it would help ease the rumours and the snowball effects partial infomation causes... Thanks Native Diva
MichMich is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2002, 11:18 PM   #76
Pow Wow Visitor

saskman_99 is an unknown quantity at this point
just a story about my friend

It was and still is all very surreal when i think that my friend is no longer here with us. The lives of so many were touched by g-john and his music. The life of my friend was so well lived and he is loved by so many that it is hard to say good bye. To think that i will never again be able to tease him about his weight or sit nex to him at a round dance and talk about who's cheatin who and whose songs sound like someone else's. This young man was a great singer but he was so much more. He was a scholar and was always trying to better educate himself. He was an athlete who as a young boy loved to play soccer and he was an excellent horsemen. He was a good kaiser player and you couldn't drag him away from a pool table. He was also very honest and he loved to smile. He loved his wife and his children, I remember teasing him about getting a big belly after he first lived in ministikwan and he just rubbed his belly and smiled saying that his woman loved him enough to cook for him. I send my deepest condolences to the rest of the boys and to his father. I wish that i could have been there to comfort your family g-john but i know that where you are now is a much better place and you will watch over all those that you love. I pray that the sisters will be strong, my prayers are with you all. I know that it is hard to believe that everything will be ok but the creator does not take without giving so please have faith that he will heal all those that mourn the loss of this man. I've known this family for a long time and i owe them alot , there were alot of times when we all jumped in their dads bus to go round dance somewhere. There were also a lot of times when i would go sleep at pa-pas place after we would come home from the powwow trail. When i think that my friend is gone i remember that he is still here through his family. He is in Micheal's smile, jerry's sense of humour, Harvey's integrity, Brian's strength, Archie's stubborness, moise's wit, gordon's eyes, and lennys innocence. He is mostly living in the love that his sisters have for each and everyone of their brothers.
I remember when we sang together in tulalip washington and we entered the hand drum contest and competed and beat harvey,gordon and archie. I will always remember how proud you were of bob,yourself and me that we beat your older brothers. Your competitive spirit and the creators love for you made you the song maker that you were and your music and your accomplishments will never be forgotten. I love you bro and will miss you,but i will see you again,

orville morin
saskman_99 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2002, 11:29 PM   #77
Tiny Tot Dancer

NATIVE_DIVA is an unknown quantity at this point
THANKS........

Thank you MichMich for what you had posted I know there were minor thangs that were not mentioned, but was not exactly sure of it so with what correct info I knew for sure I had I posted. THank you for the clarity in your posting.;) ;)

My family are there in Saskatoon , and as for myself I am still hear at home waiting to hear any new updates on any info. that I can provide to all of you. I was not able to attend the funeral with the rest of the family unfortunatly, but the way that I remember Percy is probably the best way I would like to remember him, always being silly and happy, but I do wish I was there to show my own personal feelings and memories of him with the rest of the family.
And unfortunatly the distance kind of kept that from happening, but thru all the postings I know I was not the only one. I know that some of you wish that you could shared your feelings as well, with them. It is with great apprecitaion that we have Powwows.com as a form of communication for all us Native people to express our feelings good or bad. I only posted what I felt everyone out there would have been curious to know to break any crazy rumors that may have surfaced. Especially with it being a well-known group that there were alot of people that may have known them or know of them that cared for them(Whitefish Jrs. / Dreaver Family ). I have been in situations before where I had been good friends with some one on the trail and was not able to constantly stay in touch, and the next thang I knew months down the line I heard they passed away. THat is the most hardest thang. Even if it were any other well known drum group or even a dancer it is good to be informed by a reliable source to follow up on the family and even if you do not know them you can pray for them and share your words of wisdom like most of you all had. On that note I hope I am not boring any of you but that was just my thoughts of my postings.
Thanks, ND:) :)
NATIVE_DIVA is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-16-2002, 09:13 AM   #78
PowWows.com Addicts

NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,809.51
Unhappy

Saskman - That was an awesome tribute!!! You should be proud to have had such a great friend and to have been such a great friend to him! Just because Percy is gone your friendship is not over - his family is still here to continue it. You need to be there for his children to keep his memory strong for them. I know that because my brother has to do that for his best friends kids. His best friend passed away in 2000 and he has to do the same for those boys. So please ALWAYS be there for those children. They will need you for the rest of their lives. Not just now, but 2 months from now, 6 months and so forth. Take from a daughter who has recently lost their father!
Old 01-16-2002, 01:17 PM   #79
Tiny Tot Dancer

itokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond repute
My sincerest condolences go out to WF jrs and their family. I will be thinking of you guys for a loooong time. Words cannot express the way I have been feeling since last week.

I was at Schemitzun last year and was standing by the host drums pretty much all weekend. WF Jrs were sounding strong. I never heard a drum that good before. They definitely made my heart beat louder, even brought a tear to my eye.

NDN guy posted a pic of WF Jrs in the handdrum contest, can anyone tell me which one Percy is? Im building a website for my drum and want to include a memorial page for Lew Foote(Rock Creek) and Percy.

Again, all my best to the Dreavers and their families.

From Mike and the Bum Knees singers in NJ.
Old 01-16-2002, 04:43 PM   #80
Tiny Tot Dancer

gasco49 is an unknown quantity at this point
As the singers of NDN Ave/Crickethill, we would like to express our deepest sympathy for the Dreaver Family and Whitefish Jrs. as a group.

The loss of a loved one, as we all know, is hard to deal with. We would just like to let the family know that they are in our prayers, and that we hope for a full recovery for those who have already been released from the hospital, and for Jerry and Serina who, last time we heard, were still in the hospital.

**On a personal note to Native Diva, or anyone else who might know anything about it. Please let me know as soon as a bank account is set up for the family. Harvey and Marie's extended family here in Michigan are wanting to know where to send donations to help the family.
gasco49 is offline   Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links