Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives > Pow Wow Singing Say a prayer for White Fish Jrs. Say a prayer for White Fish Jrs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2002, 05:49 PM   #81
Arena Director

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Savings: 0.00
I dedicated last night's Native Voices to Percy Dreaver. I asked the listening audience to pray and continue to pray for his family. In honor of him, my playlist consisted of music from Battle River, Tha Boyz, Mandaree, High Noon, Black Lodge, Tha Tribe, Black Eagle, Red Elk, Little Otter and of course, Whitefish Jrs. There is no doubt in my mind that WFJ has been a great influence on most drums across Native America.

It was just one thing that I could do. My family and drum continue to keep you in our prayers.

Again, thanks to the many people who continue to keep us all updated.
Smokin' Ace is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-17-2002, 02:18 AM   #82
Pow Wow Visitor

prairie_storm2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
We are all Family

Today I cried after talking to a dear friend and rehearsing the whole scene, of the nite we heard over in Onion Lake rounddance about the accident, then making phone calls to see how the family was, who were involved in the accident. Hearing the rumors that Percy left us, then calling and hearing he was still with us, brought hope to me. I prayed and phoned friends from the north, friends from the south,east and west for prayers. Then getting the call that early morning that he was really gone. Going to the wake and then to the funeral. I saw how warm the family were. Though they were greiving they bought rooms for the ones who came from far. Thank You. Thank You. You are such kind people and generous.

I learnt from this that we are all one big family. In the pow wow we become one family and though I did not personally know Percy, his journey to the spirit world has affected me more than I can express. I shook his hand, I said hi to him, called him my favorite singer, a lot of small talk. Brian, Twins( J+W), Randy, Marc talked of him. The funny things he would say, and I'd laugh.
We Are One Big family in the rounddance circiut. To laugh, to visit, to sing, to dance, to love, to live, to share, to listen. We all matter to each other. I put his memorial card away, because I like many of others that i talk to have him fresh in mind, the night of Kehewin rounddance when Percy was singing. I think about his four small children and his wife Serena. I think of Jerry, and the rest of his brothers and sisters, and I pray for them all.
Then I thought of my mom, who passed away also in June of 2001, and smile knowing that Percy is now with his mom. Wow.
He is with his mom now. That is what gives me peace.
Knowing oh my god, Wow Percy is with his mom, The Love Of His Life. RIP young man. Sing hard for us all here. Thank You
Delia

:Angel2 :Angel2 :o :o
prairie_storm2000 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2002, 01:31 PM   #83
THE ULTIMATE MULTITASKER

oOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 320.00
Unhappy

Hearing of all this makes me so sad. I have heard of WF Jrs. I never heard them before though. I live in AZ, and just hearing of all this really makes me sad. No matter if you know each other or not. We are all apart of the same circuit, and it hurts each and everyone of us. I have always heard that WF jrs can jam, and wished I could go and see them sing, just hearing that one of the members is longer with us is so............:(

R.I.P Percy and God Bless all of the family member, you will all be in my prayers!
oOoSouthernStyozoOo is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2002, 12:16 AM   #84
Tiny Tot Dancer

NATIVE_DIVA is an unknown quantity at this point
INFORMATION ON DONATIONS

I had spoke to some of family there in Saskatoon and they had some information on where to send any donations to the Dreaver family, especially Percy's little family. Percy has 3 boys and one little girl : Logan,Brayden,Keshana, and Everson. Unfortunatly they are all suffereing the hardest of all times financially, mentally,
and physically. Thankfully Sirena's health is slowly improving, but unfortunatly Jerry is painfully suffering the most, he is still undergoing surgery on his legs. For all of them this is a time of mourning and they all are trying there best to get thru.

I was told to post on here that if any of you are interested to send any donations to them (The Dreaver's) please send them to:
SWEET GRASS RECORDS
P.O.BOX 23022
SASKATOON, SASK.
S7J-5H3
PHONE : 306-343-7053
IN CARE OF THE DREAVER FAMILY

At this time this is where the family had asked of anyone to send there donations. If there will be any changes it will be posted.
thank you all for your help!!
NATIVE_DIVA is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2002, 01:45 AM   #85
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Deev

I know is hard for the family to get through these trying times. Most've us have had similar situations at one time or another and welcome the opportunity to help out.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2002, 03:33 AM   #86
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Thanks Native Diva for this info! I will pass it on.
Smokin' Ace is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2002, 01:24 AM   #87
Pow Wow Visitor

MichMich is an unknown quantity at this point
Just in from Saskatoon

I would just like to put in a good word for the sisters and aunties of the Dreaver men who were involved in the accident. Cecelia, Almah, Bev and Priscilla have all been very supportive of their brothers. Jerry recently underwent a surgery, at which time the sisters and Jerry's aunties have never left Jerry's bed for more than a few minutes. Judy (Jerry's wife) has also been very supportive during Jerry's hospital stay, as a double duty she also has her young son to care for.

Last edited by MichMich; 01-21-2002 at 07:49 PM..
MichMich is offline   Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links