Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives > Pow Wow Singing What do you think about new groups? What do you think about new groups?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2001, 10:31 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Old_G is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
What do you think about new groups?

:c2:

I want to know what yall think about some of the new groups. Like Southern Xposure,Southern Boyz, Moon Dogs,Native Action,etc. I think some of these group are pretty good. Southern boyz are slammin with just eight guys . Now if they could find about three more guys to sing with them they would be awsome. Moon Dogs are pretty good to. But they are all southern thunder singers. I think there just tyring something new though. I also think native action is pretty good to. I sang with them at whiteshield powwow this past yr. I heard them at rocky boy to. They sound pretty good. All these groups up here are all from oklahoma.When the last thread was posted about new groups all i heard was oh there just a one time deal, or there just sizzatail and youngbird combined,or thier just baby thunder. Their not sizzortail unless Arlen Goodfox is there.Their not youngbird unless Curt Hamilton is there. Their not southern thunder unless Frank Adson is there. So instead of critizing, try and give these new groups some encouragement instead of putting them down. Okay? Thank you.

Old_G.
Old_G is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-30-2001, 11:10 AM   #2
Pow Wow Visitor

the keenest has a little shameless behaviour in the past
so who are they if they dont have these guys singing with them
the keenest is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-30-2001, 02:12 PM   #3
Tiny Tot Dancer

BrownHornet is on a distinguished road
Credits: 160.00
Whats real interesting is to look at some of the diffeences between the Northern and Southern customs. There are literally hundreds of Northern drums. I wonder if they catch the same flack that the southern drums get. Most of these new southern drums are made up of young guys. Most of them are in there teens. I hear people all over the south putting these groups down as "kids" or "young guys" etc. Does the same thing happen in the north with the large amount of teenage drums there? Though many of these guys are young, many have been on the powwow trail or at the "center drum" for many years. Does this account for anything? Just curious.

Brown Hornet
BrownHornet is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-30-2001, 03:25 PM   #4
Pow Wow Visitor

the keenest has a little shameless behaviour in the past
well good points brownie all these groups mentioned are good they sound good.im not going to put them down ive been asked to sing with all of them and have.but what was said about singing out at the middle does it account for anything?or if you have been doing this your hole life does that ? those are good questions.lets see well i know out of the above mentioned the only two ive ever seen out at the center drum is arlen and frank,as far as curt goes he might have went out there a couple of times but not enough to say he has once or twice maybee,but i know he has been powwowin hes hole life,and arlen just started maybee 15 years ago maybee longer,but his family has always gone and been there,those are questions that are hard to answer,i mean all of these southern drums have been there in one way or another(members of them i mean),so i dont see way people feel they should be judging them or putting them down.people will always talk behind one and others back it might not be bad nessesarly but it happens and theres always someone who thinks they know everything.so ya please tell your relitives and your friends that have drum groups to keep goin,but remeber where you come from too,go help out in the middle when your at home.when your at big powwows sing with your groups,cause thats the only way your gonna sing at most big dances,theres nothing wrong with drum groups we have to adapt to the big dances too if you want to go,but like i said remember where u are from and sing there too.
the keenest is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-30-2001, 05:23 PM   #5
Pow Wow Visitor

Old_G is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello out there. They shouldn't call these new drum groups little boyz or anything like that. Im younger than arlen goodfox and i have been singing longer than he has. He hasn't been singing 15 yrs. Hes been singing about 10 or 11.Frank Adson is my uncle and i sing with him. If the lead singer is not there and they start a different name that is why. Cause the lead singer is not there. They shouldn't say that all these new drum groups are just little kids. They might be in their teens or something but they could have been singing their whole life. Im in my teens and i've been singing since i was 4 yrs old.Iv'e been singing about 14 or 15 yrs now. 75% of those years was at the middle drum and im still singing at the middle drum. I learned all my stuff from Leonard Cozad Sr, and Jr.From Frank Adson,Jimmy Starr,Jimmy Kimble,Joe Fish,Larry Cozad, and many more. They have taught me well. So dont judge a book by its cover.

Old_G
Old_G is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 12-03-2001, 08:57 AM   #6
Tiny Tot Dancer

X49ER is on a distinguished road
Credits: 613.00
I enjoy seeing a lot of the new groups, you never what anyone is going to sing any more. but older groups like Gray Horse still sound good

has anyone heard of a group called RED WAR PONY.

Last edited by X49ER; 12-03-2001 at 08:50 PM..
X49ER is offline   Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links