Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives > Crafts Adding new thread when doing peyote/brick beading Adding new thread when doing peyote/brick beading

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2002, 02:59 PM   #1
Hello!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Mariposa is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Adding new thread when doing peyote/brick beading

Okay, I self taught my self how to bead..(patting myself on the head) but when I run out of thread, I have no idea how to re-thread.....hmmmm any good suggestions out there?
Mariposa is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2002, 03:08 PM   #2
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Oh wow..Ok someone else can try to just explain this, but if everyone will give me a little time likea day or two, I can try to come up with a little bead tutorial here and take some pics on how to add on a thread. I know what you mean self taught. I learned alot from my aunts but learned alot more from books..that is why my bead lingo is different from some others...but like I said, give me a few and I will try to make one with pics to post here ok? If you can't wait that long then go to WWW.beadpatterns.com and check through the freebies to see if they have a downloadable tutorial there that you can look at...they would be on the last 5 or 6 pages of the freebies.

Last edited by Blackbear; 01-22-2002 at 03:10 PM..
Blackbear is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2002, 06:37 PM   #3
Tiny Tot Dancer

the bee is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's some help. Every now & again I teach a Class here is how to add a thread Hope you can understand it. Sorry no scanner to put up pictures(drawings) of directions. If you pm me with address I can snail mail the whole thing.
To finish off a thread, work the thread back thru several beads, crossing over the thread making a circle. Go out the last bead you were woking on. thread the last bead in the round with the needle & thread. To start a new thread, repeat the same procdure as above, comming out where the last thread is. Thread another needle work the thead in, in a circle like you are ending. Come out the bead with the needle & thread in it pick up the correct color of bead & countinue working. Cut the old thread. This will keep you from having odd bead counts.
:) Good luck
the bee is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2002, 06:45 PM   #4
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Yeah what they said LOL!! In other words it is really is'nt too different than how you would do it for loomwork..but will have to go through many beads in a direction instead...
Blackbear is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2002, 08:04 PM   #5
wrapped in ribbonwork!

Czechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond repute
Czechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,732.09
Yep, if you weave the threads tails into your work, you won't need to make any knots. (That's a good thing!) In fact, if you weave in a circle as mentioned above and pierce the thread through itself, that actually holds just as well as a knot.
Czechy is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-23-2002, 12:50 AM   #6
Arena Director

powwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond repute
powwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 210.00
I weave the old thread up through several beadrows but I do not start the new thread the same way. I tie a knot in the end of the thread after it is threaded through the needle. Then I run the needle through the leather and pull it up to the knot. I then use a lighter to burn the excess thread behind the knot down to the leather and mash it flat. (yes the stuff is hot but you can use the side of the lighter if your fingers can't handle it). This makes a disk that can't be pulled through the leather.

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.
powwowbum49 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-23-2002, 01:48 PM   #7
Hello!

GEEEEEEEEEEEEE, YOU GUYS ARE ALL THE BEST. THank you so much for putting attention on this one.....Here's to all of you....:clap:
Old 01-23-2002, 08:20 PM   #8
Downstream People

ogapahndn has a reputation beyond repute
ogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 439.14
Hey! Great suggestions guys! I have one question though, do you do the same thing for peyote and brickwork? I add new threads differently for both. Maybe just the way I was taught, was wondering if this needs to be done.
ogapahndn is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-23-2002, 10:40 PM   #9
Hello!

ogapahndn
Please let me know what you do that is different, all suggestions are welcomed:D
Sponsored Links