Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives > Crafts Bustle storage and transport Bustle storage and transport

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2001, 04:10 PM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wyat has a reputation beyond reputewyat has a reputation beyond reputewyat has a reputation beyond reputewyat has a reputation beyond reputewyat has a reputation beyond reputewyat has a reputation beyond reputewyat has a reputation beyond reputewyat has a reputation beyond reputewyat has a reputation beyond reputewyat has a reputation beyond reputewyat has a reputation beyond reputewyat has a reputation beyond reputewyat has a reputation beyond reputewyat has a reputation beyond reputewyat has a reputation beyond reputewyat has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Post Bustle storage and transport

What does everybody keep their bustles in when not in use or traveling to a dance?

I have seen some fancy wood octagnal feather boxes and some metal trash can lookin things. What do you use?

[ August 07, 2001: Message edited by: wyat ]
Old 08-08-2001, 02:18 PM   #2
Tiny Tot Dancer

jmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant future
Credits: 8,626.21
The first bustle I made I stored in a container I made out of 4" diameter vent pipe.
The second bustle I made was stored in a heavy duty plastic container with a handle that is 25"X10"X9" that my Dad's place of business was throwing out in a
company move.
jmm is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 08-08-2001, 06:04 PM   #3
Downstream People

ogapahndn has a reputation beyond repute
ogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 439.14
My brother keeps his stored in a suitcase. Works very nicely and keeps the feathers looking good! Great for traveling to powwows!
ogapahndn is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 08-10-2001, 10:42 PM   #4
Tiny Tot Dancer

thestogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 30.00
As an old style dancer with a round bustle, it's pretty easy. The bustle collapses and is easily packed in a 16" X 16" box or on top of most everything else in a medium sized suitcase. The spikes take the most time to remove from the rawhide base -- just because I'm extremely careful and would rather spend the time taking them off than having to get everything untangled when I put the bustle back together.
thestogs is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 08-10-2001, 11:08 PM   #5
Junior Dancer

contemptradish is a jewel in the rough
i just fold my feathers when i'm at home and roll them when i travel. it's important not to sit on them! that's the key in my book ;)
Old 08-14-2001, 07:33 PM   #6
Tuscaroran

I don't know of a simplier way to transport them, because my extenders are so long, but I just collaspe my bustle and place it very last in my car, off of everthing. It's the only way I can keep the fletching of the feathers from splitting enroute. When I get to the Powwow I set up my bustle first, and go from there.

When at home, I hang my bustle on the wall in dance condition. That way I can easily see the wear and tear on it, or different things I want to do with it. It also makes a cool wall decoration :D
  Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2001, 02:07 AM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

Dancer Traditional is an unknown quantity at this point
I do the same thing as Tuscaroran, It's a little tricky to keep it from getting hit while the car's moving, but it is the only way to make sure your feathers didn't get messed up sitting in a box, plus my spikes are too long for any suitcase, tried that already.
Dancer Traditional is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2001, 02:42 PM   #8
Tiny Tot Dancer

jmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant future
This weekend at a pow wow I saw a gentleman store his bustle in a long plastic container that could be used to store rolls of gift wrap paper. It was probably 3 feet long.
Old 08-21-2001, 02:44 PM   #9
Tiny Tot Dancer

This weekend at a pow wow I saw a gentleman store his bustle in a long plastic container that could be used to store rolls of gift wrap paper. It was probably 3 feet long.
Sponsored Links