Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives > Crafts How long.............. How long..............

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2003, 12:45 PM   #1
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
lsijohn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Question How long..............

Some time back I was reading a thread in this section that gave an estimate how many hours it usually takes to use one hank of beads, working continuously.

Anyone remember that estimate???
lsijohn is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-30-2003, 02:04 PM   #2
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
I think it would really depend on the beader, and especially on the type of stitch they're using, and the intricacy of the design. I can use up a hank real fast when just doing the background of a lazy stitched or applique stitched piece.
wyo_rose is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 01-30-2003, 02:08 PM   #3
Junior Dancer

randyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,563.78
Savings: 947.32
hehehe, I think in kilos, not hanks, sorry....

the vest is really coming along, I expect it to be done and ready for the edge beading in about 3-4 weeks.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:17 PM   #4
Junior Dancer

I don't remember who posted an ESTIMATE.

I know everyone works at their own pace and it depends on the stitch. But someone posted an estimate. That's what I was lookin' for.

I think the estimate was about 2-3 hours worth of work per hank.....I think. Anyone remember??

Hey randyinkc be sure to post pictures. I am interest to see how your background came out when you had to mix your beads....
Old 01-30-2003, 02:37 PM   #5
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Was'nt that the last lazy stitch thread we had? I know what you are talking about... but I was'nt sure it was in hours but more like an estimate in inches.... have you checked the archives?
Old 01-30-2003, 03:17 PM   #6
Junior Dancer

randyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,563.78
Savings: 947.32
I think its going to come out OK. I was able to start using the 13s for just the left front panel. The changeover line runs from the bottom of the left armpit straight down, so it wont be too noticeable. The overall pattern size matching up is my only concern and so far it hasnt been shifted more than one or two stitches from where the patterns hit on the right front. Which wont be noticeable when finished

Once I get a little more done on the left panel I'll post an update.

It still doesnt look as good as your two vests do.

Seems to me the last project that I did that was small and I only had one hank to work with covered about 48 linear inches. That was using 13s and includes space taken up by the design. I was using 13s and I bead between 6-8 inches an hour, depending if the TV is on or not.

Are you trying to guesstimate number of hanks needed for a project? If so, find one of the beadwork layout programs that will do a bead count by color and lay out your piece, then you can see how many beads they estimate for your project and I know there are places that list avg number of beads per hank.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:23 PM   #7
Junior Dancer

I wasn't trying to figure out how many hanks to use for a project. I already know how to calculate that figure.

But I have some smaller projects I am working on....one project only has about 20 hanks of beads, and another that has 12 hanks.

I think Blackbear understood what I was talking about......and I have not checked the archives. But was trying to guess how many hours it might take to place my 20 hanks.

I thought at some time someone had mentioned the average amount of hours it took to use a hank..............I was just wondering because I never have really kept track of how long it takes for 1 hank.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:22 AM   #8
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
I checked the archives for you and did 'nt find what I was looking for...I'll check again
Old 01-31-2003, 02:27 AM   #9
Honey Connoissuer

found it!

http://www.powwows.com/gathering/sho...&threadid=6858

OH DUH>..How about.. Blackbear...are you SURREEEE you archived it ??? NO...I DID"NT.... it was hiding... for some of the past topics folks...there is a button at the bottom of the page for beadwork that says show posts from and then there is a drop down bar...pick from the beginning and there are so many posts... so if it ain't in the archives..remember that and I will too LOL!!!