Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives > Crafts Vest help Vest help

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2002, 03:41 PM   #21
Pow Wow Committee

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
tigger has a reputation beyond repute
tigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 250.00
Savings: 0.00
redfringe,
there's quite a few of us guys that do beadwork and know the lingo.

keith:Chatter
tigger is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2002, 07:56 PM   #22
wrapped in ribbonwork!

Czechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond repute
Czechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,732.09
I like what you have started there randyinkc.

I also have a fully-beaded vest that I began a year ago and have the two front panels almost done. Still need to do the back. I expect to use about a kilo and a half for the whole thing, size 12's.

One suggestion I have is that maybe you can make your design elements bigger or somehow include more of your design colors (red, blues, white) so you'll use that much less of the pink. This won't make a huge difference but it might help enough in certain places.

If your bead sizes are close, then go ahead and mix them. If not, then you might want to buy more matching beads. Speaking from experience, mixing different sized beads will make your work look crappy even if your technique is perfect. You will tear your hair out wondering why your rows of lazy stitch aren't straight and even. It will be impossible to get each stitch the same length. If you can't find matching beads, then wait on the 13's until you run out of the 12's. With the amount of hump you have in your stitches, I don't think the size difference will be that noticeable. But if your rows are crooked, that will be more noticeable.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Czechy is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2002, 12:02 AM   #23
Junior Dancer

randyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,563.78
Savings: 947.32
Thanks for the tips!

I'm gonna try and get the design portion of the back and the other lower half of the front panel done and have my rows finished out to the edges before I do anything drastic. I should have the back panel finished out by the end of the year and I dont expect that the lower half of the other front should take longer than January. I'll post some updates as I move along. I had already planned on using either the dark blue or light blue for the whip stitch on the border, or at least doing that all in the 13 pinks.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:26 AM   #24
Junior Dancer

randyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond reputerandyinkc has a reputation beyond repute
Well I actually got some of the 13s out of their bag last night. After much gasping, choking and squinting for having been locked away for 10 years the colors are a perfect match. But the size is off just enough that I think I'm gonna hold off and see how far I can go with the 12s. If I can get the lower half on the remaining front panel and do the remainder of the back and the fill between those two sections I think it'll work out ok. Then I will just start with the 13s if I have to on the upper halves of the front panels.

Thank you for everyones suggestions! I'll post another picture when I get the back section finished.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:04 PM   #25
Junior Dancer

lsijohn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 0.00
Well............I've never posted pictures before. I have my vest pictures scanned into a jpeg image.

How do you insert the image here???????????
lsijohn is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2002, 01:08 PM   #26
Junior Dancer

Ok.........I figured out how to attach. But now my file is too big.............

Now what??
Old 12-12-2002, 02:19 PM   #27
Junior Dancer

I think you have to upload them to gallery first and then find the URL that links to that picture to insert in the IMG tag thats above the box you type your response in.

I just uploaded my pics to my business website and linked them from there. Was easier for me to do that than figure out how to upload them on powwows.com

If nothing else, e-mail them to me and I'll put them up for you. Sorry I'm not more help, but I havent really looked at the file upload here.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:42 PM   #28
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
when you hit reply you will see the box where you type your message..look below that and there is options..below that says attach a file and has a little gray box...next to that says browse. If you have the picture on file in your computer that browse will give you a menu to find that picture in your system..click on the file and hit upload. The picture has to be a gif, jpg,png,txtzip,bmp or jpeg file and must be less than so many pixels. If you are using something like mGI photosuite..then it would be no more than 500 either width or hieght in size..but I would go with 495 which is still a good sized pic to upload... then just hit reply..but you have to type something in the message body as well.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:23 PM   #29
Senior Dancer

webscouter has a reputation beyond repute
webscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Redfringe
Ok.........I figured out how to attach. But now my file is too big.............

Now what??
You can e-mail it to me at [email protected] and I'll resize it for you.
webscouter is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 12-15-2002, 01:43 PM   #30
Tiny Tot Dancer

tcumonster is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 529.41
Randy...

Your vest looks great. I would appreciate a tracing if it is not too much trouble. I will PM you with my info. Thanks for the offer and good luck with the rest of your project. Have a great holiday.

tcumonster
tcumonster is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 12-16-2002, 10:40 AM   #31
Junior Dancer

I will do that Tcumonster. It may not be for a few days, but I will get one in the mail to you.

Now, without further ado, here's some beadwork that just makes my jaw drop. I present Redfringe's vest pics:

and,

Great work Redfringe!
Old 12-18-2002, 05:29 PM   #32
Junior Dancer

Randyinck.....thank you for your help resizing these pictures!! ;)
Sponsored Links