Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat 40 Something, or More!! 40 Something, or More!!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2004, 01:28 PM   #21
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D
Creedence Clearwater Revival and War and Johnny Rivers and The Rolling Stones, Motown and The Monkees--I liked Mickey!!! Star Trek and Bonanza -- Mom wanted a color TV to see Lake Tahoe and the other real scenery (rare!) on Bonanza. I had 2 older sisters so I never got anything new and Mom saved money by cutting our hair! I had that *blankedy-blank* pixie-cut until I got to high school!!! My kids recently took the 8-track out of my rez car, I think it still worked, at least the radio did. But they put in a cd player/radio for me. I think it looks a little too new for the rest of the car--oh well!
We sound like twins, except I liked Davy Jones more than Mickey Dolenz! We watched Bonanza faithfully. And, yes, I had a pixie until high school. My mom didn't want to deal with helping me take care of hair, wacked it off in elementary school and that was that. CCR and 'Chicago'! Johnny Rivers--isn't he the guy that had long blond hair, he was Albino right? Chet Huntley and David Brinkley reporting the news. Dark Shadows soap opera on TV---oooooooo vampires. Troll dolls. Now, let's see what else!?
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota
River Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2004, 02:19 PM   #22
Tiny Tot Dancer

Donna D is an unknown quantity at this point
ooooh, yeah! Dark Shadows! I used to rush home from school and turn on the tv to see that every day!!!! It was so hokey! But it was a lot of fun! Johnny Rivers did Secret Agent Man and songs like that, Johnny and Edgar Winters are the albinos. Johnny mostly does blues and Edgar does rock--I have the album, "They Only Come out at Night" I liked Mickey because he was funny plus I thought he had a better singing voice than Davy. Then there were the Osmonds and the Jackson 5! Back when Michael was still black. Then there were the teen magazines--Tiger Beat and Seventeen--anybody remember any more?
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2004, 02:38 PM   #23
Tiny Tot Dancer

You said we sound like twins? Well, We're close enough in age, I'll be 48 in about a month. So we grew up living "That 70s Show" Another show that brought back school memories, aw geez, what was the name of it? The one about the dark-haired boy with a mean older brother. It had a lot of voice-over from the grown-up version of the boy. I know I'm not helping, but someone will remember that show, I think it was on tv in the 80s or 90s, but it took place in the 70s, I figured out that the main character was almost exactly the same age as me (or the age I was at that time). What was the name of that show?
Old 09-29-2004, 03:30 PM   #24
Senior Dancer

River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You said we sound like twins? Well, We're close enough in age, I'll be 48 in about a month. So we grew up living "That 70s Show" Another show that brought back school memories, aw geez, what was the name of it? The one about the dark-haired boy with a mean older brother. It had a lot of voice-over from the grown-up version of the boy. I know I'm not helping, but someone will remember that show, I think it was on tv in the 80s or 90s, but it took place in the 70s, I figured out that the main character was almost exactly the same age as me (or the age I was at that time). What was the name of that show?
Maybe "The Wonder Years"? The other thing that struck me is I have a cousin named DonnaLee and I am Danalee...small world!
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota
Old 09-29-2004, 03:34 PM   #25
Tiny Tot Dancer

Well, my mom got all formal sounding on me, I'm Donna Elaine, a couple of nice, fifties names there! I'm just glad I didn't turn out to be Donna Cathy or Donna Debbie.

The Wonder Years! That's it! That show made me remember so much about school.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:03 PM   #26
Cloth Dancer

Items Dolphin
NancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
NancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,020.79
Remember Nehru jackets with turtle neck shirts and bell bottom jeans.
Fringed poncho's and vests.....and isn't wild those are coming back into fashion!!!
What about watching the "Monkee's" and "Partridge Family"!! lol
NancyJo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2004, 05:19 PM   #27
Tiny Tot Dancer

Hey I had a Nehru jacket with paisleys on it. I was cool! I had a safari jacket and a very fuzzy mohair poncho. I also had some really ugly bell bottoms that my mom bought me. When I bought my own clothes, I stayed with blue jeans and away from those polyester things! Gross!

Oh, and I had the highest platform shoes ever--they were white patent leather with a big, chunky heel that had to be five or six inches high, the platform was at least an inch. Made me very tall, I'm 5'7" as it is.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:45 PM   #28
Senior Dancer

Guys looked so nifty dressed up in Nehru jackets! MOhair sweaters--yum! I love how bell bottoms and platform shoes are coming back. I shoulda kept all that stuff. I remember my Mom letting me go on my own to spend some birthday money. I got this wispy cotton off the shoulder peasant blouse and matching ruffled skirt--really Woodstock--my Mom made me take it back...she was always pooping on my party! 'Course, now that I think about it I did get away with the flame red haltertop catsuit! If looks coulda killed!
Old 09-30-2004, 09:45 AM   #29
Tiny Tot Dancer

Talking

I had a red halter top too! If we'd grown up together we could have borrowed each others clothes! Nah, we probably had all the same stuff!!!!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:16 AM   #30
Cloth Dancer

Items Dolphin
NancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
I had a pair of oxford (black and white) platform shoes.....I thought they were so cool. Probably break my neck if I wore them now!! haha
Hey, and remember the Earth Shoes? They were made to make you feel like you were walking barefoot.......they make some now, but they aren't the same as the Earth shoes in the 70's.
I had a purple leather fringed vest with real long fringe that I thought was "far-out"!!!!
Wish I'd hung onto that vest......maybe wore it to the next pow wow........NOT!!!! hehe
Old 09-30-2004, 11:26 AM   #31
Junior Dancer

records_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond reputerecords_all_drumz has a reputation beyond repute
CCR gawt
Any Motown crew.

25 cents use to get you a pop, candy bar and chips

I can remember when gas was 37 cents a GALLON.
Price of a movie went from 35 cents to 50 to 75 cents back in 1970 through 1974.

The Johnny Carson Show
Laugh in Show.
The GONG Show
records_all_drumz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2004, 02:27 PM   #32
Tiny Tot Dancer

maybe you wouldn't wear it to the next powwow, but I'll bet you see someone wearing fringy leather that's not quite regalia.

Hey, Recordz, you just mentioned some of my bestest TV shows... I still like comedy, laughing is good.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:25 PM   #33
Senior Dancer

I can't believe I missed this one...just read this in the paper at lunch...

Sunday nights, starting September 1954 (I was NOT born yet!), LASSIE!!!!!!!!!!!

It is now available on DVD!!!!!!!! Called "Lassie-The 50th TV Anniversary Collector's Edition", remember that neat old white stove June Lockhart cooked on? Jon Provost played Timmy Martin. It is the early episodes that are now on DVD, not the newer ones so it's time for another turn down memory lane!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2004, 06:15 PM   #34
Cloth Dancer

Items Dolphin
Quote:
maybe you wouldn't wear it to the next powwow, but I'll bet you see someone wearing fringy leather that's not quite regalia.

Hey, Recordz, you just mentioned some of my bestest TV shows... I still like comedy, laughing is good.
Yup, Donna D....thats a given!!! Maybe not purple leather....but I've seen few pretty close!!! haha
Old 09-30-2004, 06:39 PM   #35
**KB Supporter**

little wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond repute
little wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 36.82
I liked the toe socks which are back and those little skirts and dresses that had matching underware, love beads, feathers in the hair, bubble shirts, hip huggers, granny boots, hot pants, jimmy hendrix, chico and the man, sandford and son..
Old 09-30-2004, 07:00 PM   #36
**KB Supporter**

little wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond repute
little wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 36.82
how about jacked up cars and mag wheels?shag haircuts.. i had a pixie when i was little all because when i moved to the other foster home they whacked all my long beautiful hair off! my hair was so long i used to sit on it.. *sniff sniff* calls from a phone booth 10cents, doing the funky chicken, disco, tv shows that i loved are my friend fury ( about a horse) flicka (another horse) flipper, clarence the crossed eyed lion, the mod squad, tom jones, petticoat junction, barney fife.. wow i could go on and on.. but i'll be back with more!!
Old 09-30-2004, 08:47 PM   #37
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
...black and white TV...and Mr. Ed...and the Cisco Kid

I remember black and white TV and Mr Ed. I was just a lil twirp then :D

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2004, 10:07 PM   #38
Senior Dancer

Talking

Ironsides, Streets of San Francisco.... anybody remember the sitcom 'Here Come The Brides' about life in early Seattle? Davy Jones from the Monkees and Bobby Sherman the singer who acted in 'Here Come The Brides'...sigh... of course I was what, 13?
Old 09-30-2004, 10:27 PM   #39
Cloth Dancer

Items Dolphin
Oh, yeah.....Bobby Sherman......had a crush on that guy.
Shhh, don't tell!!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:41 PM   #40
timberwolf

Talking

The Lone Ranger, and before the invention of tv(yes before tv)on radio The Shadow with his"The Shadow Knows"
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links