Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat 40 Something, or More!! 40 Something, or More!!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2004, 01:18 AM   #81
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
sonny453 is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
..... fo reels huh...... kinda hurts to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of Seattle
[color=red]the girls are knockin' at your door at 4am lookin' for your son? what the H! do these girls have parents? do either the parents or the kids have any common sense? doesn't sound like it.

How about movies like 'A Clockwork Orange', 'Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex But Were Afraid to Ask?' any Burt Reynolds movie... Franco Zefferelli's 'Romeo & Juliet', going to the drive-in movies... TV commercials like 'Us Taryton Smokers Would Rather Fight Than Switch'... 'Cigars, cigarettes, tiparillos...' You're right, Sonny, this is depressing! :Cry
..... fo reels huh....the parents of these gurls ... i juz do not know..... furthermore, kinda hurts to remember the good ole days.... and that the good times are gone.... what i mean is i was were raised in the golden oldies era... when life was simple.... the strongest thing was whiskey.... the music was awesome.... and the gurls could cook..... now a days you have rap.... i hate rap..... rap is not music.... those wrapers cant even sing.... and the young gurls cant cook..... dayum .... now i am depressed.....
sonny453 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-09-2004, 01:22 PM   #82
Senior Dancer

River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny453
..... fo reels huh....the parents of these gurls ... i juz do not know..... furthermore, kinda hurts to remember the good ole days.... and that the good times are gone.... what i mean is i was were raised in the golden oldies era... when life was simple.... the strongest thing was whiskey.... the music was awesome.... and the gurls could cook..... now a days you have rap.... i hate rap..... rap is not music.... those wrapers cant even sing.... and the young gurls cant cook..... dayum .... now i am depressed.....
care package on the way...one load of bannock headed to Morley!
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota
River Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-16-2004, 06:36 PM   #83
PowWows.com Addicts

badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
Unhappy 40's or something

What was really depressing was that I knew most of this stuff posted in the thread. A really good one was that I told my kids and nephews and nieces at a family dinner, "When we were kids we used to have to get up go to the TV to change the channel and there were only 13 channels". They all thought that was hilarious and called me a liar. They still don't believe me.
badmaninc is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-16-2004, 08:19 PM   #84
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
LOL at Sonny sayin...." i am on the brink of old age".....you're older than I am! : P

I hate to say it but I remember Howdy Doody, Buffalo Bob, Clarabelle (which was captin kangaroo before his show) and the indian maiden... Princess Summerfall Winterspring I can't believe I remember all this crap!

( I vaguely remember Pinky Lee (i did have a t-shirt though) I still remember his theme song...... Hellllll o it's me...... my name is Pink-y Lee!

I also remember Roy Rogers and Dale Evans. Not only do I remember that but I remember the names of the horses.. Trigger and Buttermilk. But what is sadder..... I rember the name of the jeep...... Nelliebelle!! How sad is that!

I remember after that it was Fury and Sky King. After that was usually Shirley Temple Theater. Laurel and Hardy. Abbot and Costello. The Dead End Kids. Our Gang comedies.

The for the family shows there were Donna Reed.. Ozzie and Harriet...(oh my gosh.. who could forget Ricky!! ) Leave it to Beaver.. Andy Griffth. Make room for Daddy.

My Mother the Car... My favorite Martian..My friend Flicka.

Mickey Mouse Club back with Annette and Cubby and on it was The adventures of Spin and Marty..Superman.

Someone mentioned Lassie with Timmy. Hell I remember Jeff's collie.

What about the Flying Nun and all the sappy beach blanket/surfer movies. Sandra Dee and Troy Donahue.

Can't forget Romper Room..... damn magic mirror never did see me...damn it!

Cartoons and comics.... Little Lulu... Audrey.. Dot... Casper...Wendy the good little Witch... Richie Rich. Tom and Jerry... Heckle and Jeckle.. Herman and Catnip...Quick Draw McGraw... Huckleberry Hound...

Ricochet Rabbit... Underdog..George of the Jungle.. Yogi... Snagglepuss.. Top Cat.

Saturday nights with a hamburger.. french fries from real potatoes and not frozen, baked beans and my one bottle of pop for the week. Most times a 3V cola or a grape Nehi or Barq's Creme Soda. I didn't really care for Verner's Ginger ale. We would then watch Lawerence Welk .. Sing a long with Mitch.. Mid Western Hayride. Perry Como and Andy Williams.

I really loved Red Skelton, Klem Kiddlehopper, Gertrude and Heacliff and Freedy the Freeloader. (he could make me cry I felt so sorry for him when he was outside the fancy resturant he was just thrown out of.. .he then looked in the window and saw the other diners and he took out a handkerchief and pretended to eat a meal ) :Cry

Ok..... I'm stopping for now....remembering too dang much!! I'll save the rest for later.

(just noticed how sad this is... all of this and it is barely out of the '50's!! and look at how dang much tv i watched!! i really did have a life outdoors too! :taunting: ) :rofl2:

Last edited by Mato Winyan; 10-16-2004 at 08:22 PM..
Mato Winyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-16-2004, 09:57 PM   #85
Senior Dancer

River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmaninc
What was really depressing was that I knew most of this stuff posted in the thread. A really good one was that I told my kids and nephews and nieces at a family dinner, "When we were kids we used to have to get up go to the TV to change the channel and there were only 13 channels". They all thought that was hilarious and called me a liar. They still don't believe me.
excellent point! I didn't even think about the luxury of having a remote control! Kids (and guys) today are so spoiled!
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota
Old 10-16-2004, 10:06 PM   #86
Senior Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mato Winyan
I hate to say it but I remember Howdy Doody, Buffalo Bob, Clarabelle (which was captin kangaroo before his show) ...I remember after that it was Fury and Sky King. After that was usually Shirley Temple Theater. Laurel and Hardy. Abbot and Costello. The Dead End Kids. Our Gang comedies... Sandra Dee and Troy Donahue. Can't forget Romper Room..... damn magic mirror never did see me...damn it! Cartoons and comics.... Little Lulu... Audrey.. Dot... Casper...Wendy the good little Witch... Richie Rich. Tom and Jerry... Heckle and Jeckle.. Herman and Catnip...Quick Draw McGraw... Huckleberry Hound...Ricochet Rabbit... Underdog..George of the Jungle.. Yogi... Snagglepuss.. Top Cat. Saturday nights... We would then watch Lawerence Welk .. Sing a long with Mitch.. Mid Western Hayride. Perry Como and Andy Williams. I really loved Red Skelton, Klem Kiddlehopper, Gertrude and Heacliff and Freedy the Freeloader. :rofl2:
Mato, you mentioned some great ones...I had forgotten about Sky King. Remember "A Summer Place" the movie with Sandra Dee"? I still love it. Growing up in Seattle, I was actually on Romper Room when I was in kindergarten. It was a gas. I used to have a picture of all of us with Miss Marilyn, along with the 'diploma' and a small little ring. It was better than kindergarten. I loved the comics. Every Sunday I'd read them cover to cover. Anybody else take silly putty and 'copy' the comics? And, yes, Saturday night was a ritual starting with Lawrence Welk, and watching the boxing matches with my Dad. I loved sitting there in front of the TV with him, may he rest in peace.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:47 AM   #87
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
Summer Place was exactly what I was thinking of when I typed that! I loved that movie..... haven't seen it in years. You remember how scandalous it was???? :chatter: Not to mention I was not allowed to watch Peyton Place when it came on!!

Another good movie out at the same time frame with Sandra Dee was Imitation of Life. I loved that one too.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:53 PM   #88
Pow Wow Visitor

pow wow guest is a jewel in the rough
Oldies

Yeh I remember those TV shows Roy Rogers, Hopalong Cassidy( no not David Cassidy), I think the first TV in our neighbour showed up when I was about 12 right next door, when we weren't allowed in we use to watch through the window, for Canadians real Hockey Night in Canada with Foster Hewitt. For music - real young Elvis, Brenda Lee, Johnny Horton, Patsy Cline (still one of the best women singers ever), Johnny Cash, Jackie Wilson, Bobby Darrin (For Lovers Who Wander) yeh kids thats where rock and roll started country and blues, the list is to long and my brain is starting to freeze up.
pow wow guest is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-18-2004, 10:13 AM   #89
Tiny Tot Dancer

Donna D is an unknown quantity at this point
19 channels??!!! We had 3 or 4 channels somestimes, but most of the time only 2 came in good enough to watch!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-18-2004, 10:18 AM   #90
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Quote Pow wow guest "for Canadians real Hockey Night in Canada with Foster Hewitt".
Hey, what about Danny Gallivan/Dick Irvin, when Les Canadiens won the cup most every year!
Sincerely,
Guy Lafleur
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-18-2004, 07:52 PM   #91
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=LAXstarMom]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of Seattle
I went from Pixie to Dorothy Hamill haircut ...QUOTE]

PIXIE!!! OMG I hated the pixie-still hate my cousin to this day for giving me one!!! wore a Dorothy Hamill almost all my life though!!!! Have your kids called you an "old hippie" yet??? mine do and I love it....better a hippie than those gothic dressed punks or jeans halfway down my legs!!!!
Lmao im not even 40 and my kids call me hippy... then i ask them.. you wear flare pants and ponchos.. they say yes... I say i did too when i was your age... so whos the hippy now?? HA!
AngelFeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-18-2004, 07:56 PM   #92
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
Ohh yeah gettin back to the good ole days.. I loved drive thrus.. and loved the A&W drive thrus.. the watiresses on roller skates..Ohh and nothing seems to tast the way it did when we were kids...like crush orange and rootbeer pop... licorice... all the good candy hehe.. It just isnt the same *sigh* I was still young but i remember
Old 10-18-2004, 10:36 PM   #93
Pow Wow Visitor

pow wow guest is a jewel in the rough
Oldies

Colonah04
Guy LeFluer who, Jean Belivue, Rocket & Pocket Richard, Gump Worsley, now those were teams.
pow wow guest is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2004, 01:59 AM   #94
Shighee Hoyo

Nashoba is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking 40 or More a Remake

Geez! Good to see I'm not alone....I began to think I was the only one here that was over 40....eh......Anyways, I feel old when I see the clothes I wore in high school making the second round in Dillard's....I remember the old crocheted poncho's in high school....re-make of the old songs with a bit of rap....and, my kids think they are listening to something new until I start singing along....bright, neon striped clothes were my fav
Nashoba is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2004, 09:41 AM   #95
Tiny Tot Dancer

Ooh, a friend's kid who was visiting our house got all twisted up when I started singing the "jingle" on the burger commercial. It was an old classic rock song that he'd never heard!! It was funny! However (snooty tone of voice here) I have raised my kids on good music! Rock and roll all the way. --I am not responsible if somehow they have deviated over the years. btw, what happened to commercial jingles? You know, "plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is!" or "Fat kids, skinny kids, even kids with chicken pox love hot dogs, Armour hot dogs, the dogs kids love to bite!" Commercials these days have no imagination, they just pick a popular song and hope that works.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:05 PM   #96
Tiny Tot Dancer

Enigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Was helping clean out my Mom's closet and by gawd if she didn't have my 'poncho' in a plastic bag in the back of the closet... I haven't seen that thing since 7th grade... I too miss A & W drive ins :( . Who else had a crush on David Cassidy hmmm? I still have that lunch box in the attic... Think I'll dust it off. Maybe take my lunch in it to work LOL. Aww those were some fun times :) ~Kat
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2004, 10:16 PM   #97
Cloud Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma
Was helping clean out my Mom's closet and by gawd if she didn't have my 'poncho' in a plastic bag in the back of the closet... I haven't seen that thing since 7th grade... I too miss A & W drive ins :( . Who else had a crush on David Cassidy hmmm? I still have that lunch box in the attic... Think I'll dust it off. Maybe take my lunch in it to work LOL. Aww those were some fun times :) ~Kat
LMAO I dare ya to take your david cassidy lunch box to work.. get the people at the water cooler talking... tell me how it goes ;)
Old 10-20-2004, 08:22 PM   #98
Tiny Tot Dancer

Enigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Took it to work :) Definitely a conversation starter; they either laughed, rolled their eyes, or talked about 'way back then' LOL . My daughter wants to use it for a purse; she says,"But Mom it's 'so' retro, like cool, ya know." I guess it's on its second lifetime now...
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-21-2004, 09:50 AM   #99
Tiny Tot Dancer

It might be worth some money--those old lunch boxes are collectible now. Maybe you should put it on ebay under the collectibles heading. It might surprise you.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:56 PM   #100
Rebel

Southern Rebel is on a distinguished road
damn sounds like a get together of the old folks society reliving their childhood :)