Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree39Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat 5yr old w/a gun 5yr old w/a gun

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Tiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond repute
Tiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,154.33
Savings: 0.00
5yr old w/a gun

His right to bear arms paid for by his 2yr old sister.
Tiyospaye Yazzie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 93,142.19
Really! I mean really! Blame the gun and not the irresponsible parents for giving a 5 year old access to something in which no 5 year old can mentally fully understand or have respect and responsibility for. At that age he isn't even responsible enough to use a steak knife.

Truly sad and utterly shocking. The parents need to be brought up on child endangerment and negligence charges.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 70,502.12
Savings: 1.00
NDN Thoughts on the Gun Control Issue

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
LeannB

Items DollDollCat
LeannB has a reputation beyond repute
LeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,648.74
Hey...

If the kid was playing in the driveway and accidently hit the gear shift and it rolled over his little sis while she was playing behind it...

Would you blame the car?

Or if they both were in the tub at the same time and he jostled her playing with the rubber duck and she whacked her head on the side of the tub and she drowned.....

Would you blame the bathtub???? Or maybe rubber ducks?

If he gave her too big of a piece of candy and she choked....

Would you blame the candy?

If they were playing on the swing set and she choked on the rope swing....

Would you want to ban swings????

IN ALL of the above cases...there is a lack of parental supervision.

Parenthood involves responsibility. There must be a hundred things in a house that will kill a kid...needed meds, a half full mop bucket, cleaning chemicals, cooking knives, a hot stove, a tea kettle full of hot water....you name it. Yet we still have these in the house. Are we to ban all of these things too?

Our rights to arm ourselves was given by God. Not the government. And it is our ONLY defense against tyranny. No guns, and it is only time before we are put into slavery and bondage by the tyrant.

Read the story below.....

Sherrie Questioning All: wounded knee massacre

Quote:
Monday, February 25, 2013

History: Federal Government - Massacred 297 Women, Children and Men, while confiscating weapons to disarm the people in the United States in 1890!

The Federal Government has confiscated guns in the past. In fact they massacred 297 Women, Children and Men while confiscating the guns, most were women and children (200). Besides that, they were there to take all guns and then put the people on trains to take them to a 'camp' for their safety!

Have you ever heard of Wounded Knee?

The Federal government went to the Lakota land to confiscate all the guns the Indians had. 500 of the 7th Calvary surrounded the camp of the Lakota consisting of 350 people.

I received this email from someone about Wounded Knee. I have not been able to find out if the person got it off the internet or wrote it himself. I am inserting it here and when/if the person gets back to me with a link and says it was off a website, I link put the link in.

Edit to add: He sent me the link of where he got the below information that was written from the internet.

A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY TO THINK ABOUT.......December 29, 2012 marked the 122nd Anniversary of the murder of 297 Sioux Indians at Wounded Knee Creek on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota . These 297 people, in their winter camp, were murdered by federal agents and members of the 7th Cavalry who had come to confiscate their firearms “for their own safety and protection”. The slaughter began after the majority of the Sioux had peacefully turned in their firearms. The Calvary began shooting, and managed to wipe out the entire camp. 200 of the 297 victims were women and children. About 40 members of the 7th Cavalry were killed, but over half of them were victims of fratricide from the Hotchkiss guns of their overzealous comrades-in-arms. Twenty members of the 7th Cavalry's death squad, were deemed “National Heroes” and were awarded the Medal of Honor for their acts of [cowardice] heroism.

We hear very little of Wounded Knee today. It is usually not mentioned in our history classes or books. What little that does exist about Wounded Knee is normally a sanitized “Official Government Explanation”. And there are several historically inaccurate depictions of the events leading up to the massacre, which appear in movie scripts and are not the least bit representative of the actual events that took place that day.

Wounded Knee was among the first federally backed gun confiscation attempts in United States history. It ended in the senseless murder of 297 people.

Before you jump on the emotionally charged bandwagon for gun-control, take a moment to reflect on the real purpose of the Second Amendment, the right of the people to take up arms in defense of themselves, their families, and property in the face of invading armies or an oppressive government. The argument that the Second Amendment only applies to hunting and target shooting is asinine. When the United States Constitution was drafted, “hunting” was an everyday chore carried out by men and women to put meat on the table each night, and “target shooting” was an unheard of concept. Musket balls were a precious commodity and were certainly not wasted on “target shooting”. The Second Amendment was written by people who fled oppressive and tyrannical regimes in Europe, and it refers to the right of American citizens to be armed for defensive purposes, should such tyranny arise in the United States.

As time goes forward, the average citizen in the United States continually loses little chunks of personal freedom or “liberty”. Far too many times, unjust gun control bills were passed and signed into law under the guise of “for your safety” or “for protection”. The Patriot Act signed into law by G.W. Bush, was expanded and continues under Barack Obama. It is just one of many examples of American citizens being stripped of their rights and privacy for “safety”. Now, the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is on the table, and will, most likely be attacked to facilitate the path for the removal of our firearms, all in the name of “our safety”.

Before any American citizen blindly accepts whatever new firearms legislation that is about to be doled out, they should stop and think about something for just one minute-

Evil does exist in our world. It always has and always will. Throughout history evil people have committed evil acts. In the Bible one of the first stories is that of Cain killing Abel. We cannot legislate “evil” into extinction. Good people will abide by the law, and the criminal element will always find a way around it.

Evil exists all around us, but looking back at the historical record of the past 200 years, across the globe, where is “evil” and “malevolence” most often found? In the hands of those with the power, the governments. That greatest human tragedies on record and the largest loss of innocent human life can be attributed to governments. Who do the governments always target? “Scapegoats” and “enemies” within their own borders…but only after they have been disarmed to the point where they are no longer a threat. Ask any Native American, and they will tell you it was inferior technology and lack of arms that contributed to their demise. Ask any Armenian why it was so easy for the Turks to exterminate millions of them, and they will answer “We were disarmed before it happened”. Ask any Jew what Hitler’s first step prior to the mass murders of the Holocaust was - confiscation of firearms from the people.

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we should vehemently resist any attempts to infringe on our Rights to Bear Arms. Without the Second Amendment we will be totally stripped of any ability to defend ourselves and our families

What is disgusting is 20 Medal of Honors were awarded for those involved in the massacre of Wounded Knee!

To prove that lies are told - even the History channel says 150 people died that day, instead of 297. They simply say it was the 'Final Battle' between the Indians and Federal government. I guess they don't believe "The truth will set you Free."

At least PBS has a blurb about it and has the truth of what happened:

Site of the last official battle in the Indians wars, Wounded Knee Creek was a convenient place for the Seventh Cavalry to disarm Big Foot's band during the Lakota Ghost Dance "uprising" in 1890. But then a shot rang out, and some 300 Lakota were gunned down. Eighteen members of the Seventh Cavalry, avenged for its loss at the Little Bighorn, received the Medal of Honor.

The Truth and point of this.... is the Federal government will do what they need to do to push their agenda through. They have done it in the past, murdering all who got in their way of gun confiscation.

The Federal government felt it was their right to disarm the Indians.

Now.... We are the Indians, to the Federal Government! They want us disarmed for our 'safety'.

I can tell you, I have stopped to talk to military personnel a few times and I always ask them this question...."Will you follow orders to disarm and confiscate the weapons from the American People, or will you follow the Constitution of which you took an Oath for?"

I have been shocked at the responses I receive. So far I have only received one person say "I would not follow orders." The rest of them say "I have to do what my superior says to do. I have to follow orders no matter what they are." One soldier, went as far to say "I had to follow orders to go into this one village, though I did not want to." He did not elaborate of what happened at that village, but it was in Afghanistan.

That means, those of us who think the military will not confiscate weapons from the American people are 'dead' wrong! Go ahead and stop a soldier and question him/her about it, you will find the same results I did.... The majority will follow orders!

That is why we all have to STAND UP NOW!

The Federal government has their agenda and they are not going to stop until they accomplish it. Wounded Knee proved that. They were there to disarm and confiscate weapons and murdered 297 people while doing so.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:41 AM   #5
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,966.54
5 yr old with a gun? put the perents in jail with child rapists.
windanncer, CrimsonHalo and Muttly like this.
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2013, 05:26 AM   #6
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,980.51
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeannB View Post
IN ALL of the above cases...there is a lack of parental supervision.
In all of those cases, you have an accident due to chance. In this case, you have a firearm doing precisely what it is designed to do.

This isn't complicated.

There is a (huge!) difference, radical 2A types just fear admitting it.
windanncer likes this.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2013, 06:14 AM   #7
LeannB

Items DollDollCat
LeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
In all of those cases, you have an accident due to chance. In this case, you have a firearm doing precisely what it is designed to do.

This isn't complicated.

There is a (huge!) difference, radical 2A types just fear admitting it.
Not real sure what a "radical 2A type is".

YUP. Guns are a tool to kill. And to protect from killers and thieves and rapists and others who would do harm to your family.

And you're going to trust the gov't to be the only ones to have those tools?

Ask the NDNs at Wounded Knee how that worked out for them.

Or the Jews that were disarmed before Krystallniacht.

Kristallnacht - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Kristallnacht (German pronunciation: [kʁɪsˈtalˌnaχt]), Crystal Night; also referred to as the Night of Broken Glass, or Reichskristallnacht [ˌʁaɪçs.kʁɪsˈtalˌnaχt], About this sound Pogromnacht (help·info) [poˈgʁoːmˌnaχt], and About this sound Novemberpogrome (help·info) [noˈvɛmbɐ.poˌgʁoːmə], was a pogrom (a series of coordinated attacks) against Jews throughout Nazi Germany and parts of Austria on 9–10 November 1938, carried out by SA paramilitary and civilians. German authorities looked on without intervening.[1] The attacks left the streets covered with broken glass from the windows of Jewish-owned stores, buildings, and synagogues.[2]

At least 91 Jews were killed in the attacks, and 30,000 were arrested and incarcerated in concentration camps.[2] Jewish homes, hospitals, and schools were ransacked, as the attackers demolished buildings with sledgehammers.[3] Over 1,000 synagogues were burned (95 in Vienna alone) and over 7,000 Jewish businesses destroyed or damaged.[4][5] Martin Gilbert writes that no event in the history of German Jews between 1933 and 1945 was so widely reported as it was happening, and the accounts from the foreign journalists working in Germany sent shock waves around the world.[3] The Times wrote at the time: "No foreign propagandist bent upon blackening Germany before the world could outdo the tale of burnings and beatings, of blackguardly assaults on defenseless and innocent people, which disgraced that country yesterday."[6]

The pretext for the attacks was the assassination of the German diplomat Ernst vom Rath by Herschel Grynszpan, a German-born Polish Jew resident in Paris. Kristallnacht was followed by additional economic and political persecution of Jews, and is viewed by historians as part of Nazi Germany's broader racial policy, and the beginning of the Final Solution and The Holocaust.[7]

Or the Cambodians that were disarmed by Pol Pot before the Killing Fields.

Pol Pot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The Khmer Rouge leadership boasted over the state-controlled radio that only one or two million people were needed to build the new agrarian communist utopia. As for the others, as their proverb put it, "To keep you is no benefit, to destroy you is no loss."[28]

Hundreds of thousands of the new people, and later the depositees, were taken out in shackles to dig their own mass graves. Then the Khmer Rouge soldiers buried them alive. A Khmer Rouge extermination prison directive ordered, "Bullets are not to be wasted." These mass graves are often referred to as The Killing Fields.

Photos of the victims of the Khmer Rouge, Tuol Sleng
The Khmer Rouge also classified people by religion and ethnic group. They banned all religion and dispersed minority groups, forbidding them to speak their languages or to practice their customs. They especially targeted Buddhist monks, Muslims, Christians, Western-educated intellectuals, educated people in general, people who had contact with Western countries or with Vietnam, disabled people, and the ethnic Chinese, Laotians and Vietnamese. Some were put in the S-21 camp for interrogation involving torture in cases where a confession was useful to the government. Many others were summarily executed.

According to François Ponchaud's book Cambodia: Year Zero, "Ever since 1972, the guerrilla fighters had been sending all the inhabitants of the villages and towns they occupied into the forest to live and often burning their homes, so that they would have nothing to come back to." The Khmer Rouge systematically destroyed food sources that could not be easily subjected to centralized storage and control, cut down fruit trees, forbade fishing, outlawed the planting or harvest of mountain leap rice, abolished medicine and hospitals, forced people to march long distances without access to water, exported food, embarked on foolish economic projects, and refused offers of humanitarian aid, which caused a humanitarian catastrophe: hundreds of thousands died of starvation and brutal government-inflicted overwork in the countryside.
Or any African dictator who made any weapon (even a big stick) illegal before he started killing his opposition.

Or Stalin. Or Mao. All of them disarmed their people before they started killing them. By the MILLIONS. A disarmed populace is MUCH easier to control and dispatch.

A gun is a tool...like a knife, or a chain saw, or a vehicle, or needed meds, or a monkey wrench, or a length of rope. It can protect your family, or bring a turkey or deer in to help feed them.

And it is one of the things that those who want to control us fear most.

And ask the folks at Rosebud or Pine Ridge how benevolent the gov't controls are.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #8
Self-Righteous Injun

Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Not real sure what a "radical 2A type is".
Folks that leap to the below red herring.

Quote:
And you're going to trust the gov't to be the only ones to have those tools?
Old 05-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
Senior Dancer

Tiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond repute
Tiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond reputeTiyospaye Yazzie has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,154.33
"A gun is a tool...like a knife, or a chain saw, or a vehicle, or needed meds, or a monkey wrench, or a length of rope. It can protect your family, or bring a turkey or deer in to help feed them. "

LOL Comparing a gun to medication. I guess we can call guns instruments too, right?
windanncer and Itzhecatl like this.
Tiyospaye Yazzie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #10
LeannB

Items DollDollCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiyospaye Yazzie View Post
"A gun is a tool...like a knife, or a chain saw, or a vehicle, or needed meds, or a monkey wrench, or a length of rope. It can protect your family, or bring a turkey or deer in to help feed them. "

LOL Comparing a gun to medication. I guess we can call guns instruments too, right?
In the right hands...yup, they are.
windanncer likes this.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:38 AM   #11
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
No argument that 5-year-olds shouldn't be handling guns, let alone have their own. But what is the appropriate age to introduce your children to firearms/start teaching them to shoot? If you're going to have guns in the house you need to drill gun safety and appropriate gun use into your kids' heads from an early age. Depending on the child I think 8 or 9 is about the right age to start teaching them to shoot, but that's just me.
windanncer and LeannB like this.
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #12
Agent of Chaos

RestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond repute
RestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,230.60
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
No argument that 5-year-olds shouldn't be handling guns, let alone have their own. But what is the appropriate age to introduce your children to firearms/start teaching them to shoot? If you're going to have guns in the house you need to drill gun safety and appropriate gun use into your kids' heads from an early age. Depending on the child I think 8 or 9 is about the right age to start teaching them to shoot, but that's just me.
I think it really depends on if the child has proven his/herself. I know adults who should not be trusted with anything more dangerous than foam rubber.
windanncer likes this.

"Don't trust anyone who isn't hungry."
- Me
RestlessN8iv is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #13
Lion of Judah

RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessN8iv View Post
I think it really depends on if the child has proven his/herself. I know adults who should not be trusted with anything more dangerous than foam rubber.
True that! There are plenty of people who shouldn't have guns just because they're idiots.
windanncer likes this.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #14
Lion of Judah

Quote:
Folks that leap to the below red herring.
"And you're going to trust the gov't to be the only ones to have those tools?"

I'm curious, @Zeke, why do you consider it a red herring?
Old 05-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #15
Self-Righteous Injun

Quote:
"And you're going to trust the gov't to be the only ones to have those tools?"

I'm curious, @Zeke, why do you consider it a red herring?
1. Because that's never going to happen.
2. It's used as a misdirection propaganda scare tactic.

Any argument incorporating such thought has no basis in reality.
RDNKJ likes this.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #16
Lion of Judah

Fair enough. I feel the same way about the various gun tragedies that are so hyped - they are beyond tragic, but are used as misdirection propaganda scare tactics.

I'm wary of most gun control regulations. But I'm less worried about the government than the "radical A2 types," especially those who also have a religious agenda. If the issue is personal safety, that's who I want a couple guns to defend myself against. But personal safety is only one issue, perhaps not even the main one. In general, most people have no true need of a gun for self-defense, not because they're ineffective, but because most of us will simply never be in a situation where we need to defend ourselves using deadly force.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #17
Self-Righteous Injun

Quote:
In general, most people have no true need of a gun for self-defense, not because they're ineffective, but because most of us will simply never be in a situation where we need to defend ourselves using deadly force.
And they're ineffective.

If you incorporate a gun for self defense, you actually decrease your odds for safety.

Is that every gun owner? Of course not. But it is The Math.

So, they're both unneeded and ineffective if ever required.

Sounds like an appendix.

But radical 2A types want to feel safer even though they're not. A Desert Eagle is their Teddy Bear...
Old 05-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #18
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 93,142.19
Zeke, you mean people like this: Oklahoma mom calling 911 asks if shooting an intruder is allowed - CNN.com

If anything she INCREASED her safety and the safety of her baby.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #19
Lion of Judah

Quote:
And they're ineffective.

If you incorporate a gun for self defense, you actually decrease your odds for safety.

Is that every gun owner? Of course not. But it is The Math.

So, they're both unneeded and ineffective if ever required.

Sounds like an appendix.

But radical 2A types want to feel safer even though they're not. A Desert Eagle is their Teddy Bear...
I agree, guns are not necessarily effective for safety, and more often than not, are ineffective. I don’t play absolutes; that’s a sucker’s game. But they are effective sometimes, and those “sometimes” are the point.

It’s the math? Well, yes…those are the statistics. But statistics/odds by themselves are easily misunderstood. I’m too lazy to look up the actual numbers, but as an example: “Men who carry guns for self defense are ??x more likely to be victims of gun violence.” That sounds bad. But what does it really mean? In what context? It could easily mean that your average man doesn’t carry a gun for self defense unless he feels he needs it at that particular time. If you feel you can’t go out without your gun, it’s because you’re expecting trouble already (ex-bf/gf after you, owing money, etc.). You were already ??x more likely to be a victim of violence simply because of your circumstances, the gun being virtually irrelevant. Without knowing background information (which very few of us do, myself incl.), all we have are meaningless soundbites. For those reasons I don’t find the math, in and of itself, persuasive.

A lot of my opposition to gun restrictions really comes down to the fact that I don’t believe we have a crisis of gun violence. That is, as a country; specific locales (Chicago?) do have crises. So I see no need for any federal gun legislation.

LOL @ Desert Eagle/Teddy Bear
Old 05-21-2013, 01:35 AM   #20
Lion of Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
Zeke, you mean people like this: Oklahoma mom calling 911 asks if shooting an intruder is allowed - CNN.com

If anything she INCREASED her safety and the safety of her baby.
OT, but from the article. The one would-be intruder is being charged with murder in the death of his partner in crime, who was actually killed when the house's owner unloaded a shotgun into him?

I'm sorry, but imo, that's just wrong. He's guilty of attemptd breaking and entering; there was no murder - the partner was killed in self defense.

How you been, TB?
Sponsored Links