PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Chit Chat (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/)
-   -   80's Big Hair Bands... (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/80-s-big-hair-bands-14834/)

cdn_cree_wmn 10-31-2003 04:01 PM

80's Big Hair Bands...

Okay, here's one that might interest some of you.

Name your Big Hair Band, bonus points for naming all the members.

:Blush I'm blushing for those of you who still have that 10 year old poster of Jani Lane and Def Leppard on your wall.....

KISS rocks....#1 song...BETH

gene simmons
paul stanley
ace freely
__________??? Pardon me I was born in 1978.:p

Singing Eagle 10-31-2003 04:05 PM

Ima gonna win this one - Poison - Bret Michaels, CC Deville, Rikki Rockett, Bobby Dall! I actually saw these guys on Sept 9th! With Ex-Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil!:cool:

Singing Eagle 10-31-2003 04:06 PM

Re: 80's Big Hair Bands...

Quote:

Originally posted by cdn_cree_wmn
Okay, here's one that might interest some of you.

Name your Big Hair Band, bonus points for naming all the members.

:Blush I'm blushing for those of you who still have that 10 year old poster of Jani Lane and Def Leppard on your wall.....

KISS rocks....#1 song...BETH

gene simmons
paul stanley
ace freely
__________??? Pardon me I was born in 1978.:p

Peter Criss! The cat man! Do I get your points now?:D

wyo_rose 10-31-2003 04:10 PM

Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer!! Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sanbora, David Bryan, Tico Torres, and Alec John Such until Alec left the band in 1995. On tour and on live TV Hugh McDonald takes Alec's place.

*shot thru the heart and your to blame...you give love a bad name*

*playing my air guitar while looking at my late 80's poster when Jon had long hair*:Chatter

cdn_cree_wmn 10-31-2003 04:11 PM

:cool: ur good... Almost forgot the Cat Man.

me bad:p

Singing Eagle 10-31-2003 04:17 PM

I'm so embarrassed but I remember this one with ease!:Blush

Duran Duran:
Simon LeBon
Nick Rhodes
John Taylor
Andy Taylor
Roger Taylor

Wayha 4 Life 10-31-2003 04:18 PM

Motley Crue!! The Crue rules!! Vince Neil, Tommy Lee, Nikki Sixx and uuugghhh....the little toad looking guy...some fan I am!! Their best song was "smokin' in the boys room" but then there's "girls, girls, girls" and "coming home" and...j/k!!:D

Dezgn8veDriver 10-31-2003 04:21 PM

Queensryche......:)they were my favorite...I had all their tapes. Now I only have the Empire and Rage for Order CDs..."Silent Lucidity" being my all time favorite song by them....

Lead vocals: Geoff Tate, he chopped his hair, I really wish he hadn't....

Chris De Garmo
Eddie Jackson
Scott an Mike (can't remember their last names....:p)

These guys had "hair bear" hair back in the beginning of their career....:)

VIP4life 10-31-2003 04:24 PM

Spinal tap:D

Wayha 4 Life 10-31-2003 04:29 PM

I also loved Def Leppard. Joe Elliott is the only name I can remember, but I recognize all the faces... I saw them in concert when I was in 12th grade and then I saw them again at the county fair a few years back. It was cheesy being at the fair, but *sheepishly admitting* I was singing along and had my lighter in the air too!! All of their songs were awesome!!:cool:

redbear 10-31-2003 04:31 PM

Oh boy... here we go:

Rat
Warren
Whitesnake
Twisted Sister
White Lion

*can't tell ya who all is in the bands without my cassette tapes*

Singing Eagle 10-31-2003 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Wayha 4 Life
I also loved Def Leppard. Joe Elliott is the only name I can remember, but I recognize all the faces... I saw them in concert when I was in 12th grade and then I saw them again at the county fair a few years back. It was cheesy being at the fair, but *sheepishly admitting* I was singing along and had my lighter in the air too!! All of their songs were awesome!!:cool:
Yeah another of my faves too! I remembered Joe's name and the drummer - his name is Rick Allen then there's a Steve I think and maybe a Mike?

Wayha 4 Life 10-31-2003 04:39 PM

Yup - Rick's the one that lost his arm and Steve's the one that died of alcoholism or something... That band had a lot of bad luck...:(

shshonegirl 10-31-2003 05:15 PM

:p damn...i remember all of them bands!! i think my fave was GNR with november rain as the best all time song. but holay crap, i remember all the big hair, Rat, poison...lol.....def leppard was good tho. once in a while i will listen the the old rock channel hoping to hear something from the big hair days! but there is one song out now, im not sure who its by, but its like a rock ballad, maybe its three doors down....but it reminds me of them 80's rock ballads. i remember we had this motley crue video, that had smokin in the boys room, and helter skelter, and it showed footage of the band doing whatever....that was a cool video back then :p ....lol..... damn...remember david lee roth?? with all his crazy outfits?? i liked their older stuff tho. i remember our senior class song was "Dreams" lol......how funny now that i think of it!

tradish_wiyan 10-31-2003 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Wayha 4 Life
Motley Crue!! The Crue rules!! Vince Neil, Tommy Lee, Nikki Sixx and uuugghhh....the little toad looking guy...some fan I am!! Their best song was "smokin' in the boys room" but then there's "girls, girls, girls" and "coming home" and...j/k!!:D
The little toad lookin guy is Mick Mars :eek: surprised i even membered that:p