Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat adam beach sighting adam beach sighting

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2006, 04:17 PM   #21
As you can see...

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ntownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond repute
ntownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40.00
Savings: 1.00

hmmm....good question...

...that's so true....so, so true...
ntownn8ive is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2006, 04:46 PM   #22
fish soothsayer

streamhawk has a reputation beyond repute
streamhawk has a reputation beyond reputestreamhawk has a reputation beyond reputestreamhawk has a reputation beyond reputestreamhawk has a reputation beyond reputestreamhawk has a reputation beyond reputestreamhawk has a reputation beyond reputestreamhawk has a reputation beyond reputestreamhawk has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 382.35
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle of the sky

ok..wasnt there an older movie about ira hayes?...i think it was black n white.... thought that was kinda intersting..something bout his hand wasnt actually touching the pole... anyone know the name of it?
You talkin about The Outsider? It had Tony Curtis playing Ira Hayes (silly casting, but I thought it was a good film).
streamhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-27-2006, 11:19 AM   #23
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Savings: 0.00
Hey, Frank Fencepost was really his name in the movie. When I first saw it I thought he was just saying that. But after watching it umpteen times (when we still got that Canadian channel that had North of 60 too) it finally dawned on me.

And I'm anxiously awaiting this new movie. I'm just wondering how they're going to portray it. The first raising of the flag on Iwo Jima included a Northern Arapaho man (and I forget his name) but wasn't captured on film. All of those original flag raisers were killed shortly after.

They then staged a second raising to get a picture. I'm sure this is what really tore up Ira Hayes, and of course, none of them could ever talk about it.
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-27-2006, 11:27 AM   #24
powwow bum

ndngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond repute
ndngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,659.73
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntownn8ive
Dance Me Outside is still a classic!!

Frank Fencepost!!....remember what he said when the cop asked him where he lived....
I love this movie!! I think one of my favorite parts is the naming ceremony. There's someone on this site who uses Bob B Bob Firekeeper as their screen name.

http://www.mytribalspace.com/tribal/...ame_ndngirl70/
http://www.myspace.com/ndngirl70
ndngirl70 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-30-2006, 12:06 PM   #25
Junior Dancer

Native 1 is just really nice
Credits: 0.00
so who saw the movie??? I did and it was powerful..adam beach did an an outstanding performance. There was a part in the movie that brought out where indians weren't allowed to be served alcohol? Even though he was serving his country..he still was an indian..someone said thats racist in the middle of a lot of non indians of course it got real quiet after that...but it also brought back that this country just seems to go to war every couple of generations.
Native 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-30-2006, 03:11 PM   #26
As you can see...

ntownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond repute
ntownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native 1
so who saw the movie??? I did and it was powerful..adam beach did an an outstanding performance. There was a part in the movie that brought out where indians weren't allowed to be served alcohol? Even though he was serving his country..he still was an indian..someone said thats racist in the middle of a lot of non indians of course it got real quiet after that...but it also brought back that this country just seems to go to war every couple of generations.

Yep, that was me...I said "That's racist!! Give that man a beer!!" and everyone kinda shut up...........................

Ayezzz.....that wasn't me....honest...

can't wait to see it, though.....well, maybe until its on DVD..

...that's so true....so, so true...
ntownn8ive is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-30-2006, 09:55 PM   #27
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle of the sky

ok..wasnt there an older movie about ira hayes?...i think it was black n white.... thought that was kinda intersting..something bout his hand wasnt actually touching the pole... anyone know the name of it?
MOTS:
Ira Hayes has been portrayed in films three times.

In the 1960 telefilm The American, he was played by Lee Marvin.

Tony Curtis played Hayes in the 1961 film The Outsider.
Also,
Ira Hayes appeared in the John Wayne movie Sands of Iwo Jima (1949), along with fellow flag raisers John Bradley and Rene Gagnon. All three men played themselves in the movie. He sat with Wayne in the movie on the mountain and handed him the flag moments before Wayne's character was killed.
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-30-2006, 10:39 PM   #28
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,589.70
I respect his acting....

but I lost respect for him, when I heard he was a singing judge a few year's back at a S. Cali powwow and was dissing southern singing. Hmmmm?

Then he ends up snagging my friend, who is a southern plains tribe, after the inaugural ball in Washington, D.C. Even though she's married! She said it was his "star power" that made her give in.

Hmmmmm?