Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Always hostile? Always hostile?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2005, 05:49 PM   #21
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
drinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond repute
drinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,468.08
Savings: 1.00
hi urbandn

welcome to pws.com

stay in chit chat
...stay away from the games...and the arcade titles-j/k, j/k, JOKING!!!

Smilies is not my 1st Language
drinkingfromysaucer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2005, 08:48 PM   #22
Teen Dancer

natureluvr is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven RainWater
Urbandn first off hello, It's okay to ask a question,your entitled to. I have been pounced & thrown as well (lol) just be careful not to get caught up in groups. The internet is alot like High School with clicks. I tend to talk to whomever as long as I like them & think their cool. I have become really close with one person on here infact we have exchanged numbers.There are lot's of nice pple on here. The internet is liked the world a mixture of both good & bad.
Hello there urbandn!
I agree with Raven; I have been posting here for several months now and it can be like high school or even junior high for that matter; I read a lot more than I post and when I feel compelled to throw in my opinion I will; I have received some negative responses but I decide that I do not read those anymore. There are some folks who are just mad at everything and will jump on you no matter what. They are the ones who have the problem. Just keep in mind that you never know who you are dealing with online................that people can easily pretend to be something they are not. I have also noticed the cliques but that is not a big deal either. It is best just to stay on the chit-chat threads and you will see that the majority of the folks who pop in are really very nice and very supportive! Just remember to keep it real and be sincere! I have met some very nice people on this site so I would say there are more positives than negatives.
Happy posting! Oh, and this site can be very addicting, so I avoid it by staying outside and smoking more!!!! ha ha ha!!!

keeping an eye on Hurricane Emily.......................................
Old 07-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #23
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
Life without a lil drama is boring its in reaction to it that counts... LOL... I say dont worry bout it and juz have fun here...think we have all had our experiences yes... Lotta good peeps liek sumone said more good than bad...Welcome and have fun!!!

~~~ Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. ~~~

AngelFeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2005, 11:12 PM   #24
Junior Dancer

Raven RainWater is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureluvr
Hello there urbandn!
I agree with Raven; I have been posting here for several months now and it can be like high school or even junior high for that matter; I read a lot more than I post and when I feel compelled to throw in my opinion I will; I have received some negative responses but I decide that I do not read those anymore. There are some folks who are just mad at everything and will jump on you no matter what. They are the ones who have the problem. Just keep in mind that you never know who you are dealing with online................that people can easily pretend to be something they are not. I have also noticed the cliques but that is not a big deal either. It is best just to stay on the chit-chat threads and you will see that the majority of the folks who pop in are really very nice and very supportive! Just remember to keep it real and be sincere! I have met some very nice people on this site so I would say there are more positives than negatives.
Happy posting! Oh, and this site can be very addicting, so I avoid it by staying outside and smoking more!!!! ha ha ha!!!

keeping an eye on Hurricane Emily.......................................

help me to stop smoking & I will help U....LOL. We won't have a choice soon we are banned from every where.Ewwwww & Winter is coming!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:10 AM   #25
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven RainWater
help me to stop smoking & I will help U....LOL. We won't have a choice soon we are banned from every where.Ewwwww & Winter is coming!
LOL!! Deal! Winter may be coming for you, but we won't see it down here until late December, early January. It gets chilly, but we have had holidays with 80 degree temps!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:44 AM   #26
commander bun-bun

Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Hi urbandn sorry you had to go through that!
all the peeps here are right you'll get absolutly addicted,
and you every once in a while will get one of those ppl who woke up on the wrong side of the bed just ignor it.
just have fun & you'll make lots of friends, welcome

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-15-2005, 01:07 AM   #27
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Hey it took 3 months of peace and non controversy before I realized a bunch of folks had dissappeared LOL!! If there is'nt at least one controversy/hostile thread/ argument going.. it ain't powwows.com right moderators??? Just learn the difference between hostility , joking and jerks around here and it will be easier.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:43 AM   #28
~*Coastal Steps*~

this1ndnchic has a reputation beyond repute
this1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond repute
there are cyber bullies..buck up...LOL jk
Old 07-15-2005, 01:45 AM   #29
Granny:)

Items ElephantPresentRainbow
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Credits: 16,430.57
HI D!!!!

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

*Brown Eyed Gurl* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-15-2005, 02:03 AM   #30
PowWows.com Addicts

~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
HI CEDAR! Long Time No SEE! Whats up girl!

But I've been told it's the other way around!
~pathwalker~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-15-2005, 02:15 AM   #31
Billy/4Ever In My Heart!!

Dawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond repute
Dawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome, U......I've only been here a month, but never had any problems and have "met" some nice people. I don't worry about the negatives', I just get frustrated sometimes b/cuz I can't get anyone to answer questions sometimes....

It is addicting! I'm here every night now. My husband and daughter think I'm nuts....

Hang in there!
“People once believed that when someone dies a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead, but sometimes something so bad happens that a terrible sadness is carried with it and the soul can’t rest. Then sometimes, just sometimes the Crow can bring the soul back and put the wrong things right.”

I WISH.............
Dawgwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-15-2005, 03:21 AM   #32
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 132,907.10
Dude, you jumped right in on one of those political threads!

Juss kiddin. Sometimes there is drama, but that's because those drama people are like dat!!!

Have fun and chill. Sum good people on here.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-15-2005, 06:27 AM   #33
Aint Dat Sumptin?

Dat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Dat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking just smile and nod...Yup...LOL

Yup WELCOME!......thats just how it goes I guess. TRUST ME, I know i've been known to butt heads with a person here or there back in the day...Butchu know, some say silence equals death. So I say muh lil piece and if it kicks up some dust then oh well......Some folks don't like it when you have their own opinions, or ask a question that THEY may or may not find appropiate or whatever. I hope ya have a good time and/or learn a thing or two on here...Theres some pretty kool folks on here.

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Last edited by Dat1NdnGuy; 07-15-2005 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: cuz I felt like it :-P
Dat1NdnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-15-2005, 08:18 AM   #34
Junior Dancer

urbandn is a name known to all
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. This isn't like the first time I ever got on my computer though. It's just the first time I ever got screamed at and told to put things where to sun don't shine for what still to me seems like no reason. But hey, we all have bad days, and freak out now and again. You gotta forgive those things because it could be your day to freak out next, and you could be the one needing forgiveness.
My own fault for asking the question I guess, the thread had turned from an interesting topic to something else entirely and I should have just accepted it at that rather than trying to figure out what was going on.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:50 AM   #35
The Original OP CREW

AlmostThere is a name known to all
Please dont feel bad for asking a question.......Thats a good thing. If you have something to say, reguardless of what you think people might say after, Say it. Screw them!! Period, speak your mind. Most important of all....be ur self-----!!!!

happy posts..............
Old 07-15-2005, 11:52 AM   #36
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezninen
Please dont feel bad for asking a question.......Thats a good thing. If you have something to say, reguardless of what you think people might say after, Say it. Screw them!! Period, speak your mind. Most important of all....be ur self-----!!!!

happy posts..............
Old 07-15-2005, 01:22 PM   #37
*Graceless Grass Dancer*

Dancin by the bay is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs down

There are the jerks who hide behind fack names and talk rude I got dished some hate to so just be careful what you write. People read things diferent ways then what your tryin to express.

Dancin by the bay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-15-2005, 06:19 PM   #38
little bird

little bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond repute
little bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond repute
I have an idea. Since some are feeling intimidated just getting slamming answers for asking ligit questions, I'm going to post a Q & A thread.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:37 PM   #39
Billy/4Ever In My Heart!!

Dawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond repute
Dawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond reputeDawgwhisperer has a reputation beyond repute
Like I said somewhere b/4....I ask questions and nobody answers... I think they're good questions....I dunno why no one answers.......oh, well I can always talk to myself.....yeah, like she said Thanx, I knew you'd understand.... I crack us up.....

Glad to be here. Glad to see you here. Keep the faith, sooner or later it's all ok
“People once believed that when someone dies a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead, but sometimes something so bad happens that a terrible sadness is carried with it and the soul can’t rest. Then sometimes, just sometimes the Crow can bring the soul back and put the wrong things right.”

I WISH.............
Dawgwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-15-2005, 06:43 PM   #40
Teen Dancer

Sounds like a good idea, but be careful: folks can still get slammed or made fun of. Happened to me when I asked a legit question in the Powwows FAQ thread. I got made fun of, which was ok, but I got some good and helpful responses, too. Have seen it happen to other folks, too. Maybe if the thread was started with a warning to be respectful of the questioner? And the questions do not involve anything sacred or ceremonial, of course. There is no one who knows it all, but there are those who may have the answer or know someone to ask. We are all supposed to help one another anyway...............how 'bout it moderators? Any suggestions?