Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Am I a wannabe? Am I a wannabe?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #81
Granny:)

Items ElephantPresentRainbow
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Credits: 16,430.57
Savings: 1.00
"I wish I could draw circles on the computer. I'd only draw one, and label it "Native Community - Blood Quantum". It would be dark in the center, then fade out in lighter rings as it goes out."

for sure.

"I'm just trying to picture how ticked off my older brother (full blood - 4/4) would be to see himself labeled a White Native American. He lives in town and only hangs out with white people (besides family) and doesn't fit in any of the circles of language, political or religion."

yes for sure again

goot post Wyo and Bad
*Brown Eyed Gurl* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #82
Junior Dancer

handgame_native is a name known to all
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
There seem to be so many that use the term wannabe. Your ancestors came from people who have a language and in that language describe themselves and everyone else. Is the term 'wannabe' included in that language?

I agree with some of those posting here in that you should learn more about where you come from, who you come from and their concepts of identity rather than relying too heavily on non-native descriptions.
handgame_native is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2007, 06:21 PM   #83
Little Wildcat

Usdigvhi has a reputation beyond repute
Usdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 303.13
I don't want to respond to the responses here because i would just be repeating everything I just said :) I think the analogy is very fitting, makes sense, and i think its accurate.. BUT

I also think the analogy will make people mad. Different people have different opinions...and thats fine.

I think the purpose of the topic was to explain culture in general to storyteller, and i think thats been accomplished. sooooo if anybody wants to "debate" or whatever...feel free to PM me :)
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and nothing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."

-Tecumseh
Usdigvhi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2007, 09:47 PM   #84
Mama

forgotten1z is a jewel in the rough
People who are "full-blood" anything don't get it! I'm mixed and proud, I'm proud of all my relations! My family comes from around the world and that makes me strong. I don't need some full-blood giving me personal validation or telling where I come from. I've heard it all before too from both sides "What are you?" I just say I'm a human being! Why do you think my name is forgotten1z it's because they would like to forget about us. My advice to you is hang with the mixed-bloods. They are more accepting than the full-bloods will ever be. Sorry to offend any open-minded full-bloods but I have obviously never met one. I am a happy Hapa!
forgotten1z is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2007, 10:21 PM   #85
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
forgotten - So........ you have pre-determined opinion of me? Yep, I'm getting used of it here. We are not very well accepted on-line.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2007, 10:54 PM   #86
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 140,303.06
Ki...you shouldn't be a full-blood!lol

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2007, 10:59 PM   #87
commander bun-bun

Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Hi begs, wyo, bad, Kiwehnzii and any one else I forgot.

forgotten1z I'm sorry that you feel that way, I have not yet to any full blooded or mixed that has never accepted me, for me. I talk to everyone & if they don't like me well who cares.

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2007, 11:02 PM   #88
commander bun-bun

Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Here we go again...What in the hell do you know 'quite well'? And where did you learn what 'tribal warfare' entailed?

****en foreigners.
Jd don't knock foreigners before you try them j/k

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-29-2007, 01:35 PM   #89
Mama

That's my point, I really don't care what anyone thinks of me or my mixed family but what I have found to be true is that the only one's who really get it are the mixed ones. No offense, that's just how it is. I feel for this guy can't you just say hey to him! Does anybody else get this or is it too foreign????
Old 10-29-2007, 02:57 PM   #90
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Plenty of people just said Hey to him... it's not was he was asking for. He asked if he was a wannabe by his description and I think for the most part people were honest with their opinions and answers and relatively nice about it as well. Your post is a great example of my second reply about folks turning this into a mixed blood vrs. full blood issue which it is not.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:17 PM   #91
Mama

I'm not turning this into anything, don't lay that on me. What I am saying is just my opinion and personal experience. It's not about full-bloods vs. mixed-bloods it's about acceptance, you're right, many replies were positive I read most before I responded. This is just a debate only he knows for sure what he is actually asking, right????
Old 10-29-2007, 03:25 PM   #92
Head Dancer

Lakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Lakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,765.68
yeah don't get into the vs stuff cuz..it could be the other way around too..just b/c you're a full blood doesn't mean that you are excluded..from whatever they dump on us..and if you do know where u come from..then why ask for validation from someone else..?

I'm not crazy I'm jus a little impaired I know right now you don't care but soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be I'm not crazy jus a little unwell...-matchbox 20
Lakota_winyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #93
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,339.79
Full bloods are always getting bashed. Someone always has a gripe about what someone said to them so they lump us all in the same group together.

I can't stand it when I hear the lines that almost always come with these issues...... "Theres no such thing as a full blood"

and the other one... "I know some whites that act more NDN than the full bloods"
Kakeeya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-29-2007, 05:09 PM   #94
Mama

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I'm out.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:19 PM   #95
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
delete this

Last edited by Joe G; 10-30-2007 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: stupid post
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-29-2007, 06:45 PM   #96
Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe G View Post
awww Don't go away! I wanted to ask if you were really Kim Il Sung
Dude that's my kid! Did you take your medicine today?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:17 AM   #97
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
It was the sunglasses....not the kid...or the pic...that was a mean post....sorry
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-30-2007, 02:23 PM   #98
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakeeya View Post
Full bloods are always getting bashed. Someone always has a gripe about what someone said to them so they lump us all in the same group together.

I can't stand it when I hear the lines that almost always come with these issues...... "Theres no such thing as a full blood"

and the other one... "I know some whites that act more NDN than the full bloods"
Man I hate that too, and I'm probably guilty of saying one or the other a long time ago before I "grew up".

I've had my share of butthole fullbloods who want to treat me less for being half .. but that's usuallly only online and not in person.

You know what gets me is these folks who have been calling themselves mixed bloods because just about anyone on this continent and the next can call themselves that for being either racially mixed or nationality mixed. I find it misleading. And lately with people I've seen using it on other boards... it's like mixed blood is code for non status or very little/unknown ancestry.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #99
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
Man I hate that too, and I'm probably guilty of saying one or the other a long time ago before I "grew up".

I've had my share of butthole fullbloods who want to treat me less for being half .. but that's usuallly only online and not in person.

You know what gets me is these folks who have been calling themselves mixed bloods because just about anyone on this continent and the next can call themselves that for being either racially mixed or nationality mixed. I find it misleading. And lately with people I've seen using it on other boards... it's like mixed blood is code for non status or very little/unknown ancestry.
hi Black bear this is instering to hear from you ,it causes me to pause in how i difined my self ,i have a lot of respect for you and belive your heart in most matters.but why would it bother you ,is it becouse someone cliaming somthing that thay have no right to claim or a true mix blood is only half of two diftent tribes.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:40 PM   #100
Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post

Mixed blood is more complex than that, I think. My fathers fam comes from Three Rivers, Quebec and we have been mixed for at least 5 generations (no"full-bloods" of any kind that I know of). It's very common for the region a lot of contact there between peoples. Many times mixed just marry mixed it's less complicated. I have talked to others like myself (some of them Metis) who are not sure where their relatives are originally from but know where they ended up. French may be the language and Catholicism the religion but many of the recipes, beadwork styles and doll-making are the same.
Sponsored Links