Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat American Idol last night American Idol last night

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
Honey Connoissuer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
American Idol last night

Three of the guys on there are just awesome and forget the rest... but did anyone catch it last night? Adam Lambert was on last and while most people seemed to miss that performance it was the only one I caught and HOLAY!!!! Man I"m glad I did'nt miss that!!!

I decided to watch Reaper last night instead but when the DVR went off and it turned it to Fox to record Fringe, Adam had just taken the stage and immediately I recognized the song and was like... oh man, don't kill yourself off with this song...at least do it Tears For Fears version. But I was absolutely blown away!!!

The piano version of that song done by Michael Andrews seems like that's how that song was always meant to be sung and could never be topped. It's such a sad and defeated sounding version that expresses an emotion probably everyone in the world has felt to that degree at one time or another in their life... despairing loneliness/on the verge of suicide. But Adam brought another whole new degree of emotion to it and I have to commend the pretty boy for that awesome performance!

I hope that the show running late like it did does'nt effect his votes... he even got a standing ovation from Simon and the other judges...
Old 04-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,419.99
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
Three of the guys on there are just awesome and forget the rest... but did anyone catch it last night? Adam Lambert was on last and while most people seemed to miss that performance it was the only one I caught and HOLAY!!!! Man I"m glad I did'nt miss that!!!

I decided to watch Reaper last night instead but when the DVR went off and it turned it to Fox to record Fringe, Adam had just taken the stage and immediately I recognized the song and was like... oh man, don't kill yourself off with this song...at least do it Tears For Fears version. But I was absolutely blown away!!!

The piano version of that song done by Michael Andrews seems like that's how that song was always meant to be sung and could never be topped. It's such a sad and defeated sounding version that expresses an emotion probably everyone in the world has felt to that degree at one time or another in their life... despairing loneliness/on the verge of suicide. But Adam brought another whole new degree of emotion to it and I have to commend the pretty boy for that awesome performance!

I hope that the show running late like it did does'nt effect his votes... he even got a standing ovation from Simon and the other judges...
Because of the DVR stopping I missed his performance!
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
*~*~*

ok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond repute
ok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 371.64
It was really, really good. I haven't been a huge Adam fan, thought he was good but some of his song choices were "eh" for me until last night. But man....it was pretty good.

Scott, Lil and Anoop seem pretty one dimensional to me so far. I see them in the bottom 3 but the votes will probably not say the same.

Kris reminds me of Jackson Browne a lot. I still can't pick my favorite. lol
Old 04-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
Tiny Tot Dancer

rez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond repute
rez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,553.83
Adam was good.

Bottom 2? Might be between Scott and Lil, if so......Lil is gone.
rez_hopper is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #5
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
i tuned in until some chic sang ,err tried to sing, tina turner.. annnd i had enough but thats how it goes huh? u miss the good parts

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #6
*~*~*

ok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond repute
ok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 371.64
Yes! I am glad for the bottom 3 and that Scott was cut this round. Did they announce next weeks theme last night?

I was in the bedroom watching Lost and would run in the livingroom and catch AI on the commercial breaks. I got the jyst of it, tho.