Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree59Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat another question for white people another question for white people

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 12:41 AM   #1
Dances With Fat Chicks

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 26,929.08
Savings: 0.00
another question for white people

hopefully no one runs to the mods and cries cause thier feelings get hurt (you know who you are) this time and gets this thread closed

didnt really get my wolf question actually answered b y a white person....maybe one will respond here

but how in the hell do you pick the tribe you want to pretend to descend from? do any other tribes even exist to you outside of 1)cherokee 2)lakota 3)blackfoot 4)mohawk....i know many like claiming to be important messengers appointed by the hopi but i guess pueblos are too short for anyone to actually want to pretend to descend from

i have yet to hear about someone gg grandma being a miwok princess......i havent heard of anyone claiming to be a wichita "shaman" or want to do a documentary on the gros venture or claim to descend from a goshute chief......

no one tries raising money for the chemeveui or the ho-chunks or the walla-walla.

maybe the spirituality is too boring for them? i dunno...i do know some whites that walk around shirtless proudly displaying their scars from sundancing and throwing names around like leonard crowdog or david swallow acting like they are on speed dial with prominent sundance chiefs......or they claim to descend from some chief or warrior or medicine man.....hell their "visions" always even show them they once lived as prominent ndn personalities......NEVER were they a pecos corn farmer or a depression era havasupai wino

how do you pick the tribe you feel spiritually connected to? or to fabricate descendency? please help me understand?
dyami1206 likes this.
milehighsalute is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,519.06
What about Black people and Latino people?

How come Asian and Arab people don't ever claim NdN ancestry? *LOL
windanncer likes this.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Head Dancer

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Spiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond repute
Spiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,169.80
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post
hopefully no one runs to the mods and cries cause thier feelings get hurt (you know who you are) this time and gets this thread closed

didnt really get my wolf question actually answered b y a white person....maybe one will respond here

but how in the hell do you pick the tribe you want to pretend to descend from? do any other tribes even exist to you outside of 1)cherokee 2)lakota 3)blackfoot 4)mohawk....i know many like claiming to be important messengers appointed by the hopi but i guess pueblos are too short for anyone to actually want to pretend to descend from

i have yet to hear about someone gg grandma being a miwok princess......i havent heard of anyone claiming to be a wichita "shaman" or want to do a documentary on the gros venture or claim to descend from a goshute chief......

no one tries raising money for the chemeveui or the ho-chunks or the walla-walla.

maybe the spirituality is too boring for them? i dunno...i do know some whites that walk around shirtless proudly displaying their scars from sundancing and throwing names around like leonard crowdog or david swallow acting like they are on speed dial with prominent sundance chiefs......or they claim to descend from some chief or warrior or medicine man.....hell their "visions" always even show them they once lived as prominent ndn personalities......NEVER were they a pecos corn farmer or a depression era havasupai wino

how do you pick the tribe you feel spiritually connected to? or to fabricate descendency? please help me understand?
Yea right - do whites ever mention today's canadian tribes? I have no idea since I don't know any non natives who are talking about NDN's or show interest in the culture. Can't help you on that. Was busy enough to find out more about my ancestry and they came from russia or poland. And since the surname is kinda rare it looks like this family line has died out. And since I believe it has to do with the Ash tree that name - recently I read even the Ash try seems to die. Sad. Since I can trace back that name to 1772 it's quite old and there is a saying from priest at someones funerals - dust to dust and ashes to ashes... well... however ya want to interpret that.

No, I am sorry, I can't help to find answers to that - except go into public and ask the whites about this.
Spiritflight is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 85,198.26
Savings: 1.00
Post 1 - Mousetrap

Post 2 - Cheese

Post 3 - Mouse

Close the thread already
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #5
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
@WhoMe youre absolutely right.....i wonder how black people come about claiming the tribes they claim or how latinos (namely mexicans) come about claiming aztec?

@Amigo.....its a legit question.....one that wont get answered if we keep holding ourselves to a holier than thou standard.....non-ndns bombard us everyday with silly questions....i really would like to know how they usually arrive at their conclusions but pretty soon here ndns will start fighting amongst eachother and inevitably get the thread locked without anyone even shedding serious light on subject
Old 07-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
On The Rocks

AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
@WhoMe youre absolutely right.....i wonder how black people come about claiming the tribes they claim or how latinos (namely mexicans) come about claiming aztec?

@Amigo.....its a legit question.....one that wont get answered if we keep holding ourselves to a holier than thou standard.....non-ndns bombard us everyday with silly questions....i really would like to know how they usually arrive at their conclusions but pretty soon here ndns will start fighting amongst eachother and inevitably get the thread locked without anyone even shedding serious light on subject
You are correct brother....You could do that routine like Jay Leno, take a microphone and camera into urban area and start counting coup

Many many San Diego residents have no idea what Bird Songs are.

Non-Indians hardly set foot on any of the 17 reservations here until the gambling was okay in 1988.
windanncer likes this.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #7
On The Rocks

So.......I was dreaming of a new thread to actually name every known Native Nation or Tribe (not just the fed-recognized)

One post for name of each tribe/band/clan/ ....and maybe a traditional photo....and a contemp photo
Old 07-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #8
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 43,441.84
Quote:
I doubt you're going to get an answer. If for no other reason than the above question is the genealogical equivalent of "When did you stop beating your wife?"

However, if I may offer a few observations from years of being a powwow s***-magnet, who's fair skin attracts every insecure, wannabe to her row in the bleachers, LOL.

Think back on your mainstream schooling. What tribes were in the history books and readers? These people and how they are presented in literature, art and the classroom shape how they -- and the larger Native population -- are perceived by non-Indians. So, let's look at these tribes and the common dominant culture associations/stereotypes:

Wampanoags -- Pilgrims and King Phillips War. But they're all gone now and those people "claiming" to be modern Wampanoags look like Africa-Americans instead of Indians.

Mohawk -- The protagonists in a myriad of fictionalized captivity narratives and frontier yarns. They kidnapped white people and made them part of the tribe. Matriarchy.

Cherokee -- Intermarried with white people a lot -- all the time. Civilized. Removed on the Trail of Tears, which was like really sad. Millions hid in the hills (from Maine to the Florida Keys, to hear some tell it) to avoid removal. No distinction is made between them and Creeks, Choctaws, Chickasaws, or any other of those C-tribes.

Sioux -- General Custer, Crazy Horse, Sitting Bull. Fought to the death. Really bad-a**es that no one messed with twice. Tons of library books about them. Took white captives. Have had such a good literary spin-misters, that despite being bad-a**es, they are really fluffy, spiritual indigenous kittens.

Blackfoot -- Fur trade. Married white men.

Despite my tongue being firmly wedged in my check, this does cover the tribes that make the grade school history book and children's literature cuts. These are the tribes of the dominant culture child's imagination. They are the ones you imitate in summer camp and playground games.

When the child turns into a disaffected teen, these are the tribes they can metaphorically join in resistance to being trimmed to size on the establishment's Procrustean bed. Then some of these teens grow into adults that want to dissociate from what they perceive as the failings of their culture and religion. They want the uniqueness and exoticism they perceive as part of these imagined Indian lives. And while they want to be separate from the mainstream, they long to be accepted somewhere -- hence the reason that they always tell you they're part Indian.

OK, my computer has almost finished my calculations. So, I need to actually resuming thinking about optics. You are saved from my further speculations, LOL.
windanncer and solitare like this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
On The Rocks

HOW do you do?

windanncer likes this.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #10
On The Rocks

School projects

windanncer likes this.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #11
On The Rocks

Paul G. started a thread here on how each tribe says "Hello". School kids had asked for this info.

This is a teaching concept common in many elementary schools. However:

From Yaahl:

Paul, not to rain on your parade but many languages do not have a phrase to simply say hello. Perhaps you might want to change the title of the thread to Greetings.

In my languages, depending on who it is I'm addressing the phrase will alter in context and meaning. I would never ask a seemingly well person, "How are you?" for fear that they might think I see something unhealthy about them. Social context is everything when speaking a greeting.

The word Hello, wasn't even part of the English language until approximately 1833 when it appeared in (Anonymous) The Sketches and Eccentricities of Col. David Crockett, of West Tennessee. New York: J. & J. Harper, 1833. p. 144 The word resurfaced in 1877 where it won out over the word "Ahoy" for use with the telephone. Our greetings are much older than that
windanncer likes this.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #12
On The Rocks

CALIFORNIA MISSION PROJECTS

Kids are required to build small models of one of the 21 California Missions (3rd or 4th grade?)

There is a whole industry out here that makes pre-fab mission kits that most parents eagerly buy for their kids.

Not sure but the implication is that the Natives' lives were improved by the arrival of the missionaries and their system.

I know many kids are taught about the book "Island Of The Blue Dolphin" about a Native girl that lived on San Nicolas Island in the California Channel Islands.

Another thing kids learn is about "Ishi" the last survivor of the Yahi tribe of the Yana people of Northern California.

Kids are not told the whole truth of genocidal bounties placed upon Natives after the Gold Rush. Ishi's people were wiped out in violent attacks by miners, militias, and bounty seekers.
windanncer likes this.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #13
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,722.97
@milehighsalute
What do you think about white people that are married to the indians? what about white that are going out with the indians?
windanncer likes this.
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Last edited by White Powwow Dancer; 07-23-2013 at 08:16 PM..
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #14
Champion Dancer

Items Tree
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 21,188.26
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Powwow Dancer View Post
@milehighsalute
What do you think about white people that are married to the indians? what about white that are oging out with the indians?
what is "oging out" with ndns?
solitare is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #15
Dances With Fat Chicks

Quote:
@milehighsalute
What do you think about white people that are married to the indians? what about white that are oging out with the indians?
i curently have a white GF and she hadnt slashed my tires once or threw a brick through my windshield so i think ll stick around awhile

if i was gonna play that game and choose though i think i would choose to be german because they were total badasses and struck fear in the hearts of other euros when they marched around with their armbands......and truthfully my gg grandmother was a german princess by the name of eva braun.....i would provide you proof but all the records were lost in a fire

im not on no racial purity kick.....i really want to know how white people choose the tribes they claim to be....

Last edited by milehighsalute; 07-23-2013 at 08:08 PM..
Old 07-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #16
Champion Dancer

Items Tree
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
i curently have a white GF and she hadnt slashed my tires once or threw a brick through my windshield so i think ll stick around awhile

if i was gonna play that game and choose though i think i would choose to be german because they were total badasses and struck fear in the hearts of other euros when they marched around with their armbands......and truthfully my gg grandmother was a german princess by the name of eva braun.....i would provide you proof but all the records were lost in a fire

im not on no racial purity kick.....i really want to know how white people choose the tribes they claim to be....
I think that those tribes that are better known by the "whites" are the ones they choose. Quite frankly those other tribes you mentioned outside of Lakota, Cherokee, ect. simply are not known by the majority of white society. So I vote it is all simple ignorance.

and I do believe that there is already a thread here about white people married to and/or dating Native people.

* I regularly date a man who is "Indian". But I view him as who he is as a person, not just his ethnicity.

Last edited by solitare; 07-23-2013 at 08:21 PM..
Old 07-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #17
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,722.97
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitare View Post
what is "oging out" with ndns?
@solitare
That would be going out.
solitare likes this.
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #18
Champion Dancer

Items Tree
Quote:
@solitare
That would be going out.

lol. that's me then.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #19
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 45,903.27
I think I prefer oging !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #20
Tiny Tot Dancer

MoonWoman has a reputation beyond repute
MoonWoman has a reputation beyond reputeMoonWoman has a reputation beyond reputeMoonWoman has a reputation beyond reputeMoonWoman has a reputation beyond reputeMoonWoman has a reputation beyond reputeMoonWoman has a reputation beyond reputeMoonWoman has a reputation beyond reputeMoonWoman has a reputation beyond reputeMoonWoman has a reputation beyond reputeMoonWoman has a reputation beyond reputeMoonWoman has a reputation beyond reputeMoonWoman has a reputation beyond reputeMoonWoman has a reputation beyond reputeMoonWoman has a reputation beyond reputeMoonWoman has a reputation beyond reputeMoonWoman has a reputation beyond reputeMoonWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,037.41
There's this woman in my hometown (I'm white, btw) who refers to herself as "white buffalo woman". She calls herself a shaman and she travels to spiritualist churches where she helps people communicate with their passed loved ones. She charges hundreds of dollars for healing sessions. She is clearly a white person (probably of some italian and/or irish mixture, as many from this area are) who has tanned herself to the point of (as she perceives)racial ambiguity. If you look up her book on Amazon, the description reads "Native American spirituality/ biography of one of its practitioners" . I can't help but look at her and think, aren't people offended by this?? How is this not only okay... but profitable? If she called herself "Eve" (her real name) and did not tan or wear her hair long, dark, and unkempt, and related herself to "spiritualism" as oppose to "Native American spiritualism", would she experience the same success? Half? Doubtful... I think our educational system has just... failed.
hamiller13 and solitare like this.
MoonWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links