Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Another surgery :( Another surgery :(

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2005, 10:03 AM   #21
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Savings: 1.00
Red face

pararalyed for ever?
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2005, 11:58 AM   #22
My Give-A-Damn's Busted!

**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute
**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
May the Creator continue to watch over you. I hope you are doing well today and that when you have your other surgery everything turns out good, better than the first! Take the time you need to take care of your hand!!!!! You said your two fingers are paralyzed....for good? or will the surgery fix this or what??????
**First Lady** is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2005, 01:13 PM   #23
PowWows.com Addicts

Annie Fawn has a reputation beyond repute
Annie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 24.00
I think I have a answer for you >>>>

Call or go to the local computer store before your next surgery and get a program they make that lets you run you computer by voice activation. A friend of mine has it in N.C. due to her MS. That way you can stay in touch and rest your arm at the same time. Cynthia loves her's and it helps to keep her in touch. I'll see if I can remember or find out what it's called.
I'm sorry that you have to go through this again, at least you have a doctor who admits it is a problem and doesn't try to tell you to give it more time.
Take care of yourself and enjoy your trip to Florida!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:45 PM   #24
meeeeeeeeeeee

Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Girl! I'm sorry to hear you have to go back in; I was really hoping the last surgery would do it. I'll pray harder for you this time! Take care.

The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

The Creator sure had a strange sense of humor!

Plenty Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2005, 03:19 PM   #25
PowWows.com Addicts

~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
Hi again. Just got back from P.T. and getting ready to rest. It hurts like h*ll afterwards! THe Doc is still unsure about the paralization. The doc will see what percentage of use can be gained by the 30th and then go in surgically to try and fix whatever is causing it. What bothers me is that he told my mom that he has never had to re-do this kinda surgery before which also means he has never had to FIX this kinda surgery before either. He has been doing this type of surgery since "84" so I am the first to go "WRONG" in all that time. Theres a hint of a chance that I will regain full use of my hand but its not probable. If he cant fix it, do you think I should sue?

But I've been told it's the other way around!
~pathwalker~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2005, 04:11 PM   #26
little bird

little bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond repute
little bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond repute
PW, I really like your penguin pic. I don't know if you should sue or not. You may want to descuss that possibility with your husband and other family members first, then talk to a CHRISTIAN lawyer. I sure hope & pray all will be as the creator intends for this situation.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:08 PM   #27
Tiny Tot Dancer

Esi is a jewel in the rough
Oh PW poor dear,

i wish u the best for your next surgery and hope it hits the thing well. I*ve prayed so much for your arm and will continue praying.
Big huges from me and all the best and a fast recovery.

Greetings Esi

Hm looking what*s coming up to me
Esi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2005, 08:26 PM   #28
Powwows Gathering

Yaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond repute
Yaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond repute
Hi PW

So sorry to hear about your arm.I will pray for you.Get alot of rest and take care .You will be as good as new.So don't worry.
Yaquila is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2005, 12:49 AM   #29
PowWows.com Addicts

**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
Location: just think trees, lakes, rolling hills n fresh air.
That's awful, was there any complications with the first one? Sorry PW, wish you well and heal fast. Don't be eating too much ndn food after surgery, you'll need plenty of nutritious food to heal faster.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:41 AM   #30
a.k.a Numunu1971

Kio-Manche has a reputation beyond repute
Kio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 50.00
Pathwalker,
Sorry to hear your going to have to have another surgery. Thats too bad. Your in my thoughts and prayers. As far as to sue or not to sue, most lawyers don't charge an initial evaluation of whether you have a case or not. It may be a wise thing to do, to protect yourself. If you do have a case, you may not have to give your puter to BadmaninNC. Bye,.... Numunu
Old 08-19-2005, 06:20 PM   #31
PowWows.com Addicts

~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by **jdazmum**
That's awful, was there any complications with the first one? Sorry PW, wish you well and heal fast. Don't be eating too much ndn food after surgery, you'll need plenty of nutritious food to heal faster.
Hi LB, Ya the penguin represents my 10% side!

Thanx ESI and DAMMIT Janet!

Hi J-mum, My mother told me that the next time I go to the doctor on the 30th to get the surgical notes from the doctor. I didnt know you were allowed to have them but you are. I didnt want to ask for them on the last visit because it was too soon. These will tell me what went on while i was sleeping during surgery. The reason we are thinking about sueing is because all of this is due to whatever he did during the last surgery. I talked with the main physical therapist doctor today, (to get an unbiased opinion,) and he said that If I had full function of my hand before surgery then whats happening now, happened during surgery. Even though only my ring finger and pinky are paralyzed, I only have 7% use of the rest of my hand. This may be permanent or my improve with PT. So long story short, the doctor did this to me. The thinking on how he did it is that he severed the nerve when moving it. Depending on where and how much will determine how much use I will get back without surgery but another surgery is the only way to try and get full function back. Its been a real trying time and I am so glad that I have family and friends and my powwows.com friends to support me, pray for me and lift my spirits. Its a long road to travel and I cant wait to get to the end, no matter what the outcome is...

Thanx Numunu1971 For the LAFF! and the info and thoughts!

Old 08-19-2005, 11:44 PM   #32
Tiny Tot Dancer

ChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond reputeChrissyRedhorn has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully this time the surgery does the trick and makes you better. I know I havent posted in a while but been so damn busy around here
Old 08-20-2005, 07:25 AM   #33
Bear-y overprotective

Dakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant future
Sorry to hear that things went so badly for you PW. We've been praying so hard for you and your family. How's the other half holding up? I hope that this is not too hard on the rest of your family.
Maybe now you can get satellite tv/ internet in that RV. Or if you have any left you can get Paul that new server he's been wanting j/k j/k
We'll keep praying for you and hope things can/will get better. Big hugs.
P.S. Lemme know when you want to go to Hawaii. I'll cover the hotel bill. I just need advance notice.
Dakota Wica'hpi Ina is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2005, 10:17 AM   #34
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
Damn PW... Im sorry to hear all this... that really sux...I hope you get better and that everything works out for you. My prayers and thoughts are with you.. Take care.

~~~ Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. ~~~

AngelFeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2005, 02:10 PM   #35
PowWows.com Addicts

Hi Angel, good to see you again! thanx for stoppin by and sayin hi to me. Im glad you contacted NT too, she was reall worried for awhile there...

Old 08-21-2005, 11:10 PM   #36
PowWows.com Addicts

Annie Fawn has a reputation beyond repute
Annie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 24.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pathwalker~
Hi LB, Ya the penguin represents my 10% side!

Thanx ESI and DAMMIT Janet!

Hi J-mum, My mother told me that the next time I go to the doctor on the 30th to get the surgical notes from the doctor. I didnt know you were allowed to have them but you are. I didnt want to ask for them on the last visit because it was too soon. These will tell me what went on while i was sleeping during surgery. The reason we are thinking about sueing is because all of this is due to whatever he did during the last surgery. I talked with the main physical therapist doctor today, (to get an unbiased opinion,) and he said that If I had full function of my hand before surgery then whats happening now, happened during surgery. Even though only my ring finger and pinky are paralyzed, I only have 7% use of the rest of my hand. This may be permanent or my improve with PT. So long story short, the doctor did this to me. The thinking on how he did it is that he severed the nerve when moving it. Depending on where and how much will determine how much use I will get back without surgery but another surgery is the only way to try and get full function back. Its been a real trying time and I am so glad that I have family and friends and my powwows.com friends to support me, pray for me and lift my spirits. Its a long road to travel and I cant wait to get to the end, no matter what the outcome is...

Thanx Numunu1971 For the LAFF! and the info and thoughts!
Sounds to me like you have reason to sue and make sure you sue for lost income past and future (until you have full use of your hand again.) since you use your hands in your work. Personally I would be looking around for another doctor just in case. Good luck and let us know as soon as possble! Make your hubby come online to update us after your surgery!
Old 08-22-2005, 10:27 AM   #37
PowWows.com Addicts

Thanx Annie, it has caused problems in my work. Not only am I in pain all the time, the pain pills barely work for this type of pain, but I also am frustrated and I dont feel like going anywhere. Even when I go to the store or something people have bumped into me and have actually put me on the floor screaming in pain. Hubby bought me a sling after the last time it happened and I wear it when i go out so ppl wont bump into me. That has worked well. But as far as work goes, I cant take care of my clients the way I used to so I have had to teach hubby how to give shots and admin. meds for me. He does well but I feel useless sometimes and that bothers me. One day I will wake up and not be crying cause I slept on my arm all night.

Old 08-22-2005, 11:56 AM   #38
Bear-y overprotective

Dakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant futureDakota Wica'hpi Ina has a brilliant future
I know this is gonna sound dumb, but have you thought of propping a blanket and/or a pillow against you back so you can't roll on it? (i'm assuming you're a side sleeper). If you lay on your right side facing the edge of the bed it might work.... Just a thought.
-RANT-
I hate Memphis! I just got "witnessed" at my hotel room door! Freaking J*****'s Witnesses! *@#!%^&*
-ok I'm better now
Old 08-22-2005, 01:02 PM   #39
PowWows.com Addicts

It doesnt sound dumb. Heres my set-up: I have one of those TV viewing pillows with the arms on it behind me at the head of the bed. That helps with the rolling and keeps me from hitting my hand on the headboard. Its kinda like this but mine has glass doors in front of the shelves and outer shelves just big enuff for trinkets.

Ok, then I have a memory foam pillow in the middle just in case I roll on my right side. I cant really lay on my right side because the incision is on the inside of my arm right on the bend of the elbow, so thats out. I usually fall asleep on my back and wake up laying on my left side. I have a pillow there for my arm too. Any way I talked to the PT and he said to wrap a fluffy pillow around my arm with the stuff you use for sprains. so I am gonna try that tonight. GAWD! This has been such a huge hassle for me. I get very frustrated at times. I just want my arm back.

Old 08-22-2005, 02:01 PM   #40
Bear-y overprotective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pathwalker~
It doesnt sound dumb. Heres my set-up: I have one of those TV viewing pillows with the arms on it behind me at the head of the bed. That helps with the rolling and keeps me from hitting my hand on the headboard. Its kinda like this but mine has glass doors in front of the shelves and outer shelves just big enuff for trinkets.
Is your room this clean??? LOL j/k j/k I wish mine was @ home!
Sponsored Links