Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat any jimmy buffett fans!? any jimmy buffett fans!?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2007, 01:04 PM   #1
cool...calm...collected

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
bushy_braids has a reputation beyond repute
bushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
any jimmy buffett fans!?

one of my friends is a HUGE jimmy buffett fan... a proud parrothead (i think that's what his followers are called)...
i'm sure she probably has ALL of his albums. she's crazy about jimmy buffet!... even to the point that before she went on her honeymoon cruise, she booked her flights through florida just so she could go to margaritaville in orlando before settin' sail! haha... now thats nuts!
supposedly he doesn't tour that much and when he does, it's only to select locations, which is why tickets are so pricey. but he usually comes to our area and i guess tickets sell out... fast! with each passing year, it is almost painful for her to miss out...
i'm always telling her that she should go! well... this year she's asked me to go with her! (hehe... ohhh man!)
i'm really NOT much of a jimmy buffett fan at all... i don't know any of his jamms other than the infamous "margaritaville" and i know her husband isn't into his music either... so i agreed & said i would go with her.
i already know that i'm gonna be spending a good amount of money on tickets (i'm sure they probably start @ $50...i don't even pay that much to see my favorite artists! i'm all about general admission and/or free events!)
but i LOVE going to concerts, especially to see my favorite artists, so i can imagine how excited she is to go. i'm takin' one for the team this time! hahaha...

so is anyone here a jimmy buffett fan or has anyone ever been to one of his concerts? please tell me what to expect... do i have to bust out the hawaiian shirt for this one? haha!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
An URBAN NDN

Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 209.08
Savings: 1.00
Girl - you are such a good friend to go with her!

My friend is a huge Eagles fan and on the last Hell Freezes over tour she booked a tour package to travel from Winnipeg to Fargo to see them in concert! It's a 3 1/2 hour trip one way! She couldn't find any one to go with her (we didn't yet know each other or I would have gone) and ended up taking her stick in the mud sister-in-law who sat in her seat and complained for the whole show, wanted to leave early and generally didn't want to be there. My friend managed to enjoy the show in spite of the party pooper.

It's more fun to have someone with you who also loves the singer but it's cooler to make a convert!

So my admiration to you for going and my advice so you won't be a party pooper - listen to a few of the cd's before the show - you can ask her to burn some cd's or load some of her favorite JB songs on your ipod.
Singing Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-28-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
cool...calm...collected

bushy_braids has a reputation beyond repute
bushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
ohhh man that sux! there's nothing worse than being a party pooper... you HAVE to make the best of the worst and have fun some way!

anyway live music is usually always good though... i mean afterall i even went to a "superbowl of hardcore" rock/metal show just to support a friend! needless to say i had a major headache afterwards... haha... it was like a whole new world to me... i mean, i'm a hip hop head myself... but i enjoy live music. even though that show was kind of scarey - it was def an experience!

but i know how crazy she is about jimmy buffett... i mean she BLASTS his music while she's cleaning the house! i always tease her about him and her music choice... haha... and she's a good sport about it so i figure i can go and explore with her!

i'll just have to drag her to one of my shows.... fair is fair!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
...more than a feeling...

~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute
~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 982.39
Savings: 1.00
Parrott heads? Its a cult.. stay far far away, you will be brainwashed! LOL...

Sure, break out that shirt and have some fun...
Good friends do things for other friends that they would not normally do....

Mix up some margaritas before the show and enjoy!
~Journey~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links