Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Babies making babies Babies making babies

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2005, 12:23 PM   #21
Happy Beading Woman

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 12,654.90
Savings: 1.00
All my female friends/relatives that I hung out with during high school all became young mothers with the exception of me. Most of them were from 2 parent families who were strict about certain things. But one thing that was lacking was the talk about sex and the consequences.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:50 PM   #22
PowWows.com Addicts

Roobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
the norm

Last edited by Roobz; 08-28-2007 at 02:28 AM..
Roobz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2005, 03:32 PM   #23
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
if you can actually visualize "babies making babies" you need to go check yourself in jail or something, haha

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2005, 04:11 PM   #24
is waiting ....

chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 374.00
it is totally the parents responsiblity - to either educate their children on safer sex, giving them advice (i've already talked to my 10 and 8 year old about sex, what some men/boys will say to get them to have sex (the ol' standby "i love you, baby") and the warning signs of an abuser/abusive relationship.

i was never told this by my parents just learned from experience - had my first when i was 21 and i am still with her dad.

seems like all my sisters had kids by the time they were 16/17 and i seen them struggle threw university and being poor because the dads were no where to be seen or having abusive spouses...i don't want that for my daughters. but i've also told them if they do have a baby when they are young that it will be their responsibility not me or their dad...but we will give them support.

it really irks me to see these young parents out and about WITHOUT their kids (maybe making more babies!!) or (grand)parents that buy everything for the baby and then the teen parent has no idea how much everything REALLY costs...
Old 05-24-2005, 04:41 PM   #25
~~~ Jedi Color Guard ~~~

SingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond repute
SingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 105.03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby 2sday
I work with youth at a rez about twenty minutes from where I live I've been called "weird" because at 24 I have no kids and the kids keep asking me when I'm going to have one. I told them it's not weird and told them my reasons why I chose to try and plan it.

The past few years I've been wishing but know I have to finish school first I've talked with mothers in school and they told me to get it done before the kids come because it's much easier. I'll be done next year and getting married next summer then I think I'd be ready. When I first start dating my man I went to meet his family and one of the first questions I was asked was if I had any kids. I don't know what I'm trying to say just that it seems to have become the norm.

I don't want to pass judgement and make a general statement about all teen mothers because some take the responsibility of being a parent while others dump the kids off on whomever so they can socialize, etc... I think that if any young teen girl wants to be sexually active they need to get on the pill (it's free at hospitals on the rez that's where I get mine) and use condoms because there's so much disease out there! But I can't believe a 10 year old was seriously thinking of having one!! I'd give my nieces an earful of lecture if I ever heard them say anything like that LOL
You have time to think about it yet Ruby 2sday... and don't let those folks bother you about not wanting kids just yet. If and when you are ready you will know that. If you choose not to, you have that right to.... if you have pets, just tell them that you're pets are your "children."

I was not ready for children and I was weary of folks asking my when I would have kids... it made my life miserable trying to explain to them - "it's not for me." When I did become pregnant, I wasn't ready even then (and I was on the pill at the time!). Only after my daughter was born did I realize that it would be a grave mistake for me to have any more.

I raised my daughter for the 1st 3 years of her life, then her father came and took her away with a line of b******t a thousand miles long.... that is what I always refer to him as the "X" - I do not claim him. He is the main reason my daughter became pregnant as a teenager.

The only advice I can give you is to take things one step at a time... make each decision when you are ready if you can... and if you choose to wait ~ more power to ya girl!

As for babies wanting to have babies.... I just shake my head. they don't have a clue what they want to get into.

"We could learn a lot from a box of crayons:
some sharp, some pretty, some dull,
some have weird names, & all different colors,
but they have to learn to live in the same box." ~ Anon
SingingDeer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2005, 05:05 PM   #26
Oneida Momma

oneidagirl22 has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 723.00
Thumbs down geez!!!!!!!

i juss turned 17 & tha thought of havin a child is frightning. i dont see y ne 1 would want a kid this young. i hav 2 much goin on & i luv bein a teen 2 much 2 give all that up. plus id luv 2 live a lil b4 i decide im responsible enuff that i can raise a child. wow, guess theres a lot of diff views out there.
oneidagirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2005, 05:08 PM   #27
~~~ Jedi Color Guard ~~~

SingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond repute
SingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 105.03
Smile Good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneidagirl22
i juss turned 17 & tha thought of havin a child is frightning. i dont see y ne 1 would want a kid this young. i hav 2 much goin on & i luv bein a teen 2 much 2 give all that up. plus id luv 2 live a lil b4 i decide im responsible enuff that i can raise a child. wow, guess theres a lot of diff views out there.
I'm glad to see there are still some gals out there smart enough to wait

"We could learn a lot from a box of crayons:
some sharp, some pretty, some dull,
some have weird names, & all different colors,
but they have to learn to live in the same box." ~ Anon
SingingDeer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2005, 06:16 PM   #28
plains n8tv

tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Unhappy

That is just SAD!!!! A ten year old shouldn't be wanting to start a family. She should baby-sit a child before she starts wanting to have a baby of her own. Gee, life is too short to bring a child into this world...ESPECIALLY when she is a child herself!!

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?
tradish_wiyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2005, 10:00 PM   #29
Oneida Momma

oneidagirl22 has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 723.00
Thumbs down geeeez

i still cant believe that poor gurl is 10 & thinkin bout that. i remember @ 10 i thought boyz still had cooties & i wanted 2 beet em up. it juss blows my mind that she thinks she is "ready" 2 b a mother. its scary the things youth come up w/nowadayz.
oneidagirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links