PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Chit Chat (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/)
-   -   Best Concert / Worst Concert (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/best-concert-worst-concert-33976/)

injunboy 06-24-2006 11:19 AM

Best Concert / Worst Concert

my best concert was George Strait's in Phx. this is gonna sound gay but.. one guy and one guitar singing. who woulda thought huh? oh and all the cowgirls dressed up.. hola! hell yeah it was a good good show.

worst, probably this singer called freddie fender. he had a blue sequine jumpsuit and he rode in on a white cadillac convertable singing.. aww man! it was what is was but it was not my thing.

there you go. whats yours.

Joe's Dad 06-24-2006 12:59 PM

Um...prolly the best concert was Jimi Hendrix and the Doors. This was back in the 60's, so don't ask me what year it was.:lol:

Can't remember any bad concerts. Come to think of it, I can't remember some of the concerts I went to!!!:laughing:

I'm jussss kiddin about the last part.

Ginger 06-24-2006 01:07 PM

best Zeplyn, who, bb-king, styx, Queen, Floyd, Christina Agulera & a lot more
The worse justin timberlake uggg

badmaninc 06-24-2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad
Um...prolly the best concert was Jimi Hendrix and the Doors. This was back in the 60's, so don't ask me what year it was.:lol:

Can't remember any bad concerts. Come to think of it, I can't remember some of the concerts I went to!!!:laughing:

I'm jussss kiddin about the last part.

Can't remember is that cause of your age or what dude. J/K

Joe's Dad 06-24-2006 01:29 PM

That too!!!:rofl:

What's up, bad?

Somebody was asking about you in another thread, so I wrote some bad things about you! Just can't remember which thread it was. Damn old age!!!

little bird 06-24-2006 04:54 PM

Ya'll are Bad!:tounge_sm
My Best Concert was...don't laugh ok...The Bill Gaither Band.
My Worse concert was: The Grateful Dead :hypnotize :devil2:

chickendad 06-24-2006 05:10 PM

One of my favorite concerts/shows, was a few years ago there was a show called Spirit, a Journey thru Song and Dance. It combined Native with contempory music and dance. The show was excellant. Did anyone else see it.

Singing Eagle 06-24-2006 07:32 PM

Best was my first Keith Urban show April 2005 although the Aerosmith stageside show last Dec ranks up there pretty high too!

Worst - the show was good but the fans were arseholes at the Keith Urban Concert in Bismarck ND last fall. Next worst would be Cheap Trick.

Hwii Siziinii 06-24-2006 08:58 PM

the best was the Rolling Stones (surprise surprise) with the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Buddy Guy opening up for them at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena in 1994. Worst was probably Billy Squier at Compton Terrace's first show (at Firebird Lake in Phoenix) in 1984. Hey - I won tickets so what the hell? I saw George Strait in Phoenix in 2003. I'm not a country fan but my Dine 'friend' was (I missed a Stones show because of that...). I hated to admit it but that show was pretty good.

1fromozette 06-25-2006 01:51 PM

best- up in smoke tour (think 99) it was dr dre snoop dogg, eminem xzibet, nate dogg, and others
also emp opening concert think 99-metallica, red hot chilli peppers, snoop dogg and eminem, kid rock and some filter i believe

bad was-chamillonaire 2006 and 50 cent 2005
Tool 2006

X cheryl X 06-25-2006 02:35 PM

XXThe best would be Foo Fighters,in Newcastle-England.The worst is Backstreet Boys (it was a long time ago) honest!XX

wyo_rose 06-26-2006 01:03 PM

Best concert: Recently - Chris Cagle That country dude can ROCK!
Back in the day - Bon Jovi

Worst: Foreigner in Billings long time ago. The sound was terrible, the guitar player tripped on cords and my friends WANTED to sit in the nosebleed section.

ok24stacey 06-26-2006 01:16 PM

Best - The Eagles 03

Worst - Lynyrd Skynard/ ZZ Top....why oh why did I let myself get talked in that?

Hwii Siziinii 06-26-2006 01:21 PM

WOW... I would've loved to see those 2 bands together. too rowdy for you?

lostsalt 06-26-2006 02:05 PM

././

Best is a tie between Eric Clapton and believe it or not Earth Wind And Fire.

Worst having to sit thru 'Johnny Paycheck' with my parents/.

ok24stacey 06-26-2006 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hwii Siziinii
WOW... I would've loved to see those 2 bands together. too rowdy for you?

It would have been good but these fellas behind us were D.R.U.N.K by the time the lights went out and shouted "FREEBIRD" the whole time. Then they almost set a girl's hair on fire, then they got into a fight, etc...... LOL It was funny at first, though.

Hwii Siziinii 06-26-2006 02:33 PM

aw, man... yeah, drunks suck. I would think it's funnier now. One time I saw ZZ Top and a fight broke out in front of us. It was cool because when they threw the knuckleheads out, we were about 6 feet closer to the stage!

**First Lady** 06-26-2006 03:33 PM

HUH! I've been waiting for this thread....LOL

Well, I can honestly say that I CAN'T remember all the concerts I've been too....& NO it's not because of my age & NO it's not because I was ever blitzed or out-of-my-mind on something....anyway, just been to a lot. :thumbsup:

The best ones though...Pearl Jam!! Alannis Morisette, Too Short, Cinderella, MCHammer back in the day!, Journey, GooGooDolls....& N'Sync because my daughter loved it.....she would probably roll her eyes now...LOL.

The worst was probably.....Vanilla Ice!

Joe G 06-26-2006 03:39 PM

Years ago, I saw the Jeff Beck group, with this line up:
Lead singer: Rod Stewart
Lead guitar: Jeff Beck
Bass Guitar: Ron Wood
Piano: Nicky Hopkins
Drums: Mickey Waller
That was one hell of a band..and a GREAT show too...

But the BEST stage show I ever saw was Ike & Tina Turner...Tina and the Ikettes were enough to get a rise out of a statue!! and the music was funky and great too...wooohoooo

Hwii Siziinii 06-26-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe G
Years ago, I saw the Jeff Beck group, with this line up:
Lead singer: Rod Stewart
Lead guitar: Jeff Beck
Bass Guitar: Ron Wood
Piano: Nicky Hopkins
Drums: Mickey Waller
That was one hell of a band..and a GREAT show too...

But the BEST stage show I ever saw was Ike & Tina Turner...Tina and the Ikettes were enough to get a rise out of a statue!! and the music was funky and great too...wooohoooo

maaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn.............. can I touch your eyes? lol! the Jeff Beck Group... you are so old... :wink: