Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree225Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Boredom in the forum during the summer of 2013 Boredom in the forum during the summer of 2013

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #101
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,592.84
Savings: 0.00
What's happening everyone? :) School has begun for my little one and she's loving all the new things she gets to do. She goes all day now and gets to take her lunch. (After we paid for her to eat at school....ha) But I am able to make sure she gets to eat healthy which I am happy about.

Went to Bass Pro this past weekend. She loves to watch the fish and see the big waterfall. Plus had to pick up some habanero salsa. Went and ate at a place called Los Cabos. It was really good and the restaurant has a great ambiance. This weekend is Ponca Powwow. I guess I need to go out at least one day. Gotta find the best meat pie and biggest and best frybread. *L* Got dang!
windanncer likes this.

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #102
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Items SwordPresentPresent
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,926.62
Savings: 1.00
Talking Homecoming August 26th

My niece Sierra who flew in from NY to spend 10 days with her momma Winona, my sister. My sister had a b-day and welcome home dinner for Sierra and my brother Bill. This is a pic of Sierra with her new niece Kyra :)
Attached Thumbnails
sierra-n-kyra-2013-aug26.jpg  
CandaePrincess and windanncer like this.

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."
Chevy_truckin_NDN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #103
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Talking August 25 - Alex's Bday party

So the day before was the dinner/cook out for my son, Alex. He turned 18! I made the brisket and a salad, invited my side of the family and so here are some pictures of the bday boy with people from my side of the family....

I arrived in Kingfisher after dropping my daughter off at work and I had a really great time eating, visiting, laughing and crying.

My son sang me a song called Somewhere Over the Rainbow, by Isreak Kamakawiwo'ole. I recorded it and did the whole silent tears thing. It was great. My favorite song by one of my cousins who passed away almost a decade ago.

If I can figure out how to post the video, I'll let you all know.
Attached Thumbnails
alex-aug22-2013a.jpg   alex-aug22-2013b.jpg   alex-aug22-2013c.jpg  

Old 08-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #104
3 down and 1 to go! lol

This is one of 3 musical instruments he received for his bday. I guess his sister Kay stopped by his school and dropped off his bday present from her. A bass guitar. I was like omg! That girl! She said it took her 3 weeks to find the perfect one.
Attached Thumbnails
alex-aug22-2013.jpg  

Old 08-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #105
3 down and 1 to go! lol

This is the cake his sister made for him. Yummy right? lol

And this is my present for him. He said he really liked it. I'm glad. I hope he stays within our religion.
Attached Thumbnails
cake.jpg   box.jpg  
windanncer likes this.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #106
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Talking Black Ops, Ninja Warrior

So at Alex's party the family is setting chairs down in the back yard, and my son comes racing by with a baton, black shorts, a long sleeve camo shirt, with a black sweater and a hankerchief tied around the lower part of his face. I was like, wth? And he's like, shhhhh mom. I'm playing Black Ops, Ninja Warrior.

So here he is: Hubert Hardin Youngbird Haag, Black Ops, Ninja Warrior, taking a break and watchn a cartoon with me. lol
Attached Thumbnails
black-ops-ninja-warrior.jpg  

Old 08-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #107
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Red face Introducing my dogs

And just for the heck of it, here are my dogs, Alfonso, in white, and Gracie in black. When my husband went to jail last year, his son brought me a pit to keep me company because I live way out in the country (pointing with mah lips) that-a-way. I was like, oh my gosh...a pit, I don't want a pit. But that's what I got. I didn't even give her a name for a month or so.

I finally asked Tony what her name was, she is the black one and he said, why her name is daisy! And I was like, uh no. NOPE. nah. So I changed it to Gracie. Well because she does that one thing where she bends her head and pulls her front paws together and she looks like she is trying to say grace, or pray. I mean all the time she's not jumpin on me. My daughter said she wanted to call her "Licky" or "Lickety", because she does that too. But Gracie stuck.

I got Alfonso when the twins were born about 6 months ago. My husband was out of jail by then and he named him Alfonso...I have no clue how he comes up with names....smh.
Attached Thumbnails
alfonso.jpg   gracie-n-alfonso.jpg  
windanncer likes this.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #108
3 down and 1 to go! lol

So all in all, a good weekend. I like doing the family stuff from time to time. Spending time with my kids, having food. This weekend is Colony powwow in Colony Oklahoma. I don't really want to go, but I might on Saturday or Sunday. Take some pictures, horseshoe tourney, get some beading done. Or I might go to the bar instead and go to thier horseshoe tourney, food and beer. Choices, choices. Though, vegging out at home, starting on the twinsies umbilical pouches sounds good too....lol

Old 08-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #109
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN View Post
So all in all, a good weekend. I like doing the family stuff from time to time. Spending time with my kids, having food. This weekend is Colony powwow in Colony Oklahoma. I don't really want to go, but I might on Saturday or Sunday. Take some pictures, horseshoe tourney, get some beading done. Or I might go to the bar instead and go to thier horseshoe tourney, food and beer. Choices, choices. Though, vegging out at home, starting on the twinsies umbilical pouches sounds good too....lol
Shoot, the I go to Colony Powwow for the green chile stew alone! :) Some of my family are always down to that one. Haven't been in years. Last time I went a few of us, including someone else on here, *L* made our own 9! :P It was a time.
windanncer likes this.

Last edited by CandaePrincess; 08-27-2013 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: trying to respect others privacy! :)
Old 08-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #110
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
and by years I mean YEARS since I've nined. *L*
windanncer likes this.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #111
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 92,480.18
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
by reading the posts in this thread, does it mean that i am bored too?

or that i am boring?
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #112
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
by reading the posts in this thread, does it mean that i am bored too?

or that i am boring?
I think it means we're all interested in Chevy's day! :)

Old 08-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #113
3 down and 1 to go! lol

I haven't nined since I started dating my husband...maybe a year or so before that....LMAO. So yeah for me it's only been 6 or 7 years. I do remember the first year we camped at Oklahoma Indian Nations, I was at the camp cleaning up after dinner and the kids had run off to look on at the powwow or walk around the area with thier friends, or go to their dad's camp which was on the other side of the powwow...anyway, Henry is sitting there drinking, and we are talking. They do the 49 drum contest in the arena and Henry wants me to go, and I'm like, nah, I'm good.

He's like, Oh come on, I want to hear you sing. I have only heard you sing that one time when we first met. I was like rolling my eyes, and was like okay. So we go up there, and there's about 6 southern drum groups and 1 northern and I end up singing with the Northern drum group. They were good and I know it wasn't 49 songs, but round dance, but hey, I haven't heard any good old songs in a few years.

After it was over, Henry is like, I didn't even know you knew songs like that. I was like yeah, well yanno, I used to date drummers...and singers...LMAO.

Now you should know I don't do 49s at our own tribal powwows...I would hate to hook up with mah cousin....bahahahhahaha or an EX. LMAO. That's how I used to think.

Of course my daughter attended the one for OIN and wasn't trynna say anything to me about it but I went outside to get something out of the car and like come on now, the red dirt wasn't gonna give you away? LMAO

Last edited by Chevy_truckin_NDN; 08-27-2013 at 02:18 PM..
Old 08-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #114
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
College football tomorrow!! YEAH!!!!!!!

K, I'm done.
windanncer likes this.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:37 AM   #115
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Yes, it's offically football season for College football...seen Hawaii playn USC....couldn't watch the last quarter...so did Hawaii win? they were down 5 points...I guess I could go look...

In other news, I have caught a cold. COLD...misery...fever, coughing, my lungs hurt, my head hurts, my ears hurt, my nose is running and alternately being stuffed. And I still have to work...misery. lol

So I decided, I will be working on my pouches this weekend. I'll post on Tuesday anything I decide to do besides beading. You never know. Y'all have a good one. :)

Old 08-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #116
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
Sorry you have a cold! Hope you get better fast. BOO! On a long weekend too. Sounds about like my holidays. *L*

Take it easy!
windanncer likes this.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #117
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Talking My Trip to Clinton, Oklahoma

Hi all, busy week. :) I got to go to Clinton, Oklahoma for my work on Tuesday. And I thought, shoot, I better take some pics while it's nice outside and the ragweed don't make me collapse.

Someone did a sculpture of an angry bird, why, I dunno. J/K It's supposed to be a buffalo. They forgot to hang the flags...I mean seriously! How can you forget that? So this is the sign outside of the tribal housing authority.

As you can tell, I'm not really a picture person...lol I take em of things I find interesting...
Attached Thumbnails
housingc.jpg   housing.jpg   housingb.jpg  
windanncer likes this.

Last edited by Chevy_truckin_NDN; 09-05-2013 at 02:50 PM..
Old 09-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #118
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Talking This was my holiday...

So these are pictures of my holiday weekend...SSDD...hahahha
Attached Thumbnails
beer.jpg   dinnera.jpg   beerb.jpg  
windanncer likes this.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #119
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
awww my girl TT lives over that way. It's been a minute since I've been there. :)

Standing Bear Pow wow up here in Ponca is in a couple of weeks. It's just a Friday/Saturday pow wow but it's not bad!
windanncer likes this.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #120
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Talking

lol no seriously, it was a pretty busy weekend. I went out Saturday to El Reno, OK and did an assembly line of NDN Tacos for the Canadian County Jail for my sister Lana. Her son was in there and she wanted to feed him an ndn taco but she has to make one for all the inmates. So we made 77. This was at the start of the assembly. After the 77th one, I didn't feel like taking pictures...LMAO Sorry. But we loaded them up, drove them over and delivered them. She got to see her son and then she had to go to work.

I chilled at her house for awhile, uh recuperating, and then went to the bar to have a few beers before I headed home...My saturday ended pretty early. LOL

Sunday was the cookout at the bar and the food was delicious. I brought brats and got the recipe for the stuffed bacon wrapped jalepenos the owner served. I want to thank the following people who helped contribute food for the ndn taco sale and everyone who brought something for the cookout! everyone's food was divine....and yummy to.

Yo - for the 15 heads of lettuce because she couldn't afford the 20 she thought we wanted...uh, she ended up taking back 10 of em.

Dawn and Uncle Bo - for bringing the 3 bags of shredded cheese! That was so great because I hate doin the shredding myself...lol

Jeanette for the onions...

Nikk for those tomatoes! Just the way I like em too, crunchy.

Barb for providing the meat.

Lana - for slaving away at making all that bread!

I got to sample an NDN taco too. Man! that girl can cook!

It just goes to show you that sometimes when you want to do something for someone else, there are other people who want to help you do that.

I can say that all the prisoners loved it and that they was slapping my nephew around for not being a better son to his mother...maybe he can see her now or maybe not. I hope he does though, that he can see that his mother loves him.
Attached Thumbnails
ndn-tacos.jpg  
windanncer likes this.

Sponsored Links