Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Can't Blame White People Can't Blame White People

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2007, 06:27 AM   #1
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Question Can't Blame White People

Can't Blame White People
by Bill Cosby

They're standing on the corner and they can't speak
English.
I can't even talk the way these people talk:
Why you ain't,
Where you is,
What he drive,
Where he stay,
Where he work,
Who you be...
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.
And then I heard the father talk
Everybody knows it's important to speak English...
e xcept these knuckleheads.
Mushmouth is what they speak!?
You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out
of your mouth.
In fact you will never get any kind of job making a
decent living.
People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to
get an education,
and now we've got these knuckleheads throwing that all
away.?
The lower economic people are not holding up their end
in this deal.
These people are not parenting.
They are buying things for kids. $500 sneakers for what?

And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.
I am talking about these people who cry
when their son is standing there in an orange suit.
Where were you when he was 2?
Where were you when he was 12?
Where were you when he was 18?
And, how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?
And where is the father?
Or who is his father?
People putting their clothes on backward:
Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?
People with their hats on backward,
pants down around the crack,
isn't that a sign of something?
They're walking around with their nasty underwear
showing, and holding onto their pants to keep
them from fall ing to the ground!

Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up?
Isn't it a sign of something
when she has her dress all the way up to her panty line,
and got all types of needle piercings
going through her body?
What part of Africa did this come from?
We are not Africans.
Those people are not Africans;
they don't know a thing about Africa.
With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all
of that crap, and all of them are in
jail.
Brown or black versus the Board of Education
is no longer the white person's problem.
We have got to take the neighborhood back.
People used to be ashamed.
Today a woman has eight children
with eight different 'husbands' --
or men or whatever you call them now.
We have millionaire football players
who cannot read.
We have million-dollar basketball players
who can't write two paragraphs.
We as black folks have to do a better job.
Someone working at Wal-Mart
with seven kids saying...
you are hurting us.
We have to start holding each other
to a higher standard.
We cannot blame the white people any longer.
It is not for media or anyone of this time
anymore to say whether I'm right or wrong.
It is time, ladies and gentlemen,
to look at the numbers.
Fifty percent of our children are dropping out
of high school.
Sixty percent of the incarcerated males
happen to be illiterate. There's a correlation.
Tell the media to stop asking me what I think about
people who don't believe what I'm saying or feel
that I'm too harsh or feel that I'm just running my mouth
because I'm old.
Seventy percent of the teenagers pregnant happen to be
African American girls.
Don't ask me to soften my message.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:41 AM   #2
Tiny Tot Dancer

Cuetzpallincihuatl will become famous soon enough
Talking What do we need then..?

We all need to recognize The Great Spirit's Creation...
We need values... They are so simple values:
To go back to our traditions of Honour and Respect,
To Honour our ancestors, to honour ourselves, to respect our own person, to knowledge our worth as individuals, as humans, as living creatures, to love our bodies, our image to our inner souls, if we do all these things, we will be able to do the same to others, to learn and teach, to give and share the best of us to others, (I'm not writing about material stuff); Im not saying that we all have to change, no... Im saying that we all have to be better. ---Whats better?--- Whatever we do or say, whatever we give or take, lets do it with care, with love, with consideration; wherever we go, lets print and seal a message of understandig, a message of love and care. We were created with sacred purposes, each one of us, so if we care, well do something worthy for our people, our community, our town, our elders, our neighborhood kids... and there will be always someone somewhere that will teach us the great wonders of Life to share with others... ---We should be warriors against ignorance, laziness, hate, discrimination, envy, poverty, etc. ---Warriors against ourselves first then warriors against all wrong and twisted ways of the contemporary living. -***Receive my heart for your great message for all of us. ----.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.Cuetzpallincihuatl.
Cuetzpallincihuatl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-12-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
Good one OD. He (Bill Cosby) caught so much hell for speaking those simple truths.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:14 PM   #4
PowWows.com Addicts

OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singing Otter View Post
Good one OD. He (Bill Cosby) caught so much hell for speaking those simple truths.

Chi Miigwech Singing Otter.

OD
Old 08-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
PowWows.com Addicts

Exclamation

Bill's so got dang right on with this one!
Old 08-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #6
crazywolf

crazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 338.47
You know...

(oh gawd here comes the lurkers with the red beads again)

Someone sent me this email some time ago. I read it, agreed with it, then deleted it. I dont send out mass email, if I have something on my mind, I email people individually, or put it in here somewhere. And this is as good as a place as any.

These people bring things onto themselves. I see a lot of this also. People cry because they are being discriminated against. They are not getting an education, no federal grants or scholarships, blah blah blah. Well I hate to say it, with the attitude some of these people have, its no wonder the colleges dont want them. Universities screen people because they do not want to get someone started on that road that is going to drop out or make the cut. There are only a limited number of seats in Universities, and therefore limited enrollment. I believe I saw it on the news not too long ago that USF is going to put a cap on enrollment this comming up year. (or was that UF?)

And they cry about lack of respect. Show me a reason to respect you. Respect is earned, not given out freely. I grew up in a world where I didnt get respect from anyone, not my teachers or classmates, only my family gave me any kind of respect. You are measured by your actions, and to earn respect you have to do and act in a mannor that demands attention, do something with your lives. Hanging out on a street corner with your homies only makes me want to walk by all the more faster. Those guys aren't going anywhere. Now then, someone trying to start up a business, struggling to make a living for his family, or sacraficing something for his brothers, that is worthy of my respect. Wave a gun in my face and I will probably tell you to aim straight. Go to Iraq and get a gun waved in your face, and then make it back home alive and I would step aside and say, Welcome home Ogitchida/kwe.

There are too many people in this world that want something for nothing. We have people here in Florida, that refuse to evacuate when a hurricane comes in, only so they can hang around and get the free food that FEMA comes in with. They are the first ones that line up when the trucks show up with disaster supplies. Where was the weeks worth of food you were supposed to save? When the hurricanes came through and wrecked our infrastructure, we had a months worth of food saved up. Mom went over to help distribute the help, but they needed none, so they started loading up her car with water and supplies. She refused, saying we have a generator to power the well and get all the water we want! Do you want fresh water?

Then there are these people that just go out looking for trouble. You know the ones, and I dont mean gangs or crooks or anything like that. I am talking about your average Joe citizen. These people look at accidents as they drive by, stopping up traffic all the while. They see a house fire and stand there watching the flames consume the structure, all the while someone is screaming and dieing inside. Going back to the hurricanes, they drive down the road, not a week after, or a day after, but the moment the skies cleared, knowing full well the roads are blocked. I pulled no less than five people out of the orange grove with my 4x4 in front of my house, before the sun even set on the day Charlie hit us! STUPIDITY!

And this is not restricted to just one race. All nationalities, races and sexes are equally guilty. But wouldn't the world be a boring place without all of these wonderfully awkward people. Well in a manner of speaking, as far as I am concerned... No.

Derek
crazywolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #7
Student, always learning

whitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywolf View Post

There are too many people in this world that want something for nothing.

STUPIDITY!

And this is not restricted to just one race. All nationalities, races and sexes are equally guilty.
Derek
I agree with this the most. Biggest problem I see is people have stopped raising their kids. They are either too busy, too lazy, to selfish, or are following a pattern from their parents to pay attention to their own kids and teach them what they need to know in life. I wish more people would understand is that the most important job you could ever have in life is raising your children right!

Peace, Love, and many blessings,
White Wave
whitewave is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #8
Banned

indian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewave View Post
I agree with this the most. Biggest problem I see is people have stopped raising their kids. They are either too busy, too lazy, to selfish, or are following a pattern from their parents to pay attention to their own kids and teach them what they need to know in life. I wish more people would understand is that the most important job you could ever have in life is raising your children right!
My father asked me: Problems, you have problems? Shame on you!
You have a roof over your head, you have food, and you dare to say you want to talk about a problem? Go away, soccer's beginning on TV!
Believe it or not, until today my parents NEVER told me they love me, NEVER listened close to my problems, they preferred to listen to neighbors, to trust them instead of their kids.
My sisters are divorced, I will be soon, I don't know my siblings- it is just starting. No wonder, there was no common past.
Somebody once tried to explain. He said it is because of WW2 and Hitler. They had to keep their mouths shut and earn money.
Sometimes I think that's true, and now those kids (like me) forward what they have 'learned'. Possess, TV, labels, ... but family bands?
Just my opinion.

My 9 year old son tells me every day: Mama, I love you forever and always (well, in German lol) and he knows the German language very well.
Nevertheless: This problem that you are talking about does exist everywhere I go.

Last edited by indian-heart-beat; 08-24-2007 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: Addet
indian-heart-beat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-25-2007, 12:54 AM   #9
crazywolf

crazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 338.47
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewave View Post
You know... $100 spent for a Playstation at walmart is the cheapest babysitter money can buy.
crazywolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-25-2007, 03:34 AM   #10
Granny:)

Items ElephantPresentRainbow
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Credits: 16,430.57
ima decent parent and my oldest has a ps2 and a xbox360 not his babysitters...ya so there lol

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

*Brown Eyed Gurl* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2007, 02:45 PM   #11
PowWows.com Addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Brown Eyed Gurl* View Post
ima decent parent and my oldest has a ps2 and a xbox360 not his babysitters...ya so there lol
ROTFLMAO!
Old 09-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #12
Chahta Apokni

veritasxl has a reputation beyond reputeveritasxl has a reputation beyond reputeveritasxl has a reputation beyond reputeveritasxl has a reputation beyond reputeveritasxl has a reputation beyond reputeveritasxl has a reputation beyond reputeveritasxl has a reputation beyond reputeveritasxl has a reputation beyond reputeveritasxl has a reputation beyond reputeveritasxl has a reputation beyond reputeveritasxl has a reputation beyond reputeveritasxl has a reputation beyond repute
Parenting

Great post OD.... but I would like to add that the problem of consistent parenting also so affects well to do Whites. I fly Domestic and International and it's always the children in
Business or First Class that have parents that expect us to monitor their children. If they don't bring a Nanny with them their children are totally out of control. They may have the best education but they totally disrespect their parents, the mother wants to be their 'friend' and the father...well you might as well put a picture of a man in his place ... sometimes the father will be in first class and send his wife and kids to economy....really. They say things like 'would you tell them to return to their seat or sit down.'...really or they pee in the seats and then play like they don't how it happened, leave ****ty diapers in the seat back pocket.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:27 AM   #13
PowWows.com Addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritasxl View Post
Great post OD.... but I would like to add that the problem of consistent parenting also so affects well to do Whites. I fly Domestic and International and it's always the children in
Business or First Class that have parents that expect us to monitor their children. If they don't bring a Nanny with them their children are totally out of control. They may have the best education but they totally disrespect their parents, the mother wants to be their 'friend' and the father...well you might as well put a picture of a man in his place ... sometimes the father will be in first class and send his wife and kids to economy....really. They say things like 'would you tell them to return to their seat or sit down.'...really or they pee in the seats and then play like they don't how it happened, leave ****ty diapers in the seat back pocket.
right on
Old 10-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #14
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
Credits: 70.00
My mom taught school for 33 years in VA. She would tell me how the kids would misbehave and talk back to her. She really felt that the parents were not as much interested in the childs education as they were just to get them out of the house. Some parents treated the school system as a daycare center for the children.

My mom taught me to be polite and always say yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir, & no sir to adults. If I did not do that, I was afraid of the consequences. Well, as I became older, I use it all of the time regardless of the age. People look at me funny because I do that. I just politely tell them "this is the way that I was raised". Alot of kids and adults today will not utter those few simple words. How hard could it be?

When kids today go for interviews for a job, they will not dress to make, at least, a good impression. They will dress just like they do on the streets with the shirt hanging out and the pants sagging. I have even seen them with the hat turned around backwards and will not remove the hat. I'm not saying that they have to wear a suit and tie, but, at least dress properly.

Where has the morals and repect for one another gone? I'm not seeing this with one group of people. I'm seeing this across the board. Have we really become that bad of nation to allow this to go on?
Old 10-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #15
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Items SwordPresentPresent
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,926.62
dang where do you all live that this stuff is happening??????

LOL nah I'm just kidding. I see it also. But I don't have a solid opinion on it. People who are raised like animals, will act like animals, and will in turn raise thier young like animals too. Very rare to break this cycle. I mean it can be done. We see some of the best people shine from crappy situations, but those are few and far between.

Anyway, it was an interesting topic to read. I liked everyone's opinions. Makes me think sometimes that I'm not doing too bad of a job raising my wild animals....LMAO

~A.

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."
Chevy_truckin_NDN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links