Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Cant Cook Cant Cook

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2004, 08:18 PM   #41
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny453
Thanks for the info spirit.....i learned to cook when i was 7 yrs .... if i did not cook back then i would have starved....it just that all of my son's girlfrens cant cook.... juz ask some gurls around you.....you will see wut i mean....
I'll ask my other 49 year old girlfriends :); actually, from what I see here, you are right! You wouldn't happen to be single, would ya? I love to cook!

D
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota
River Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2004, 08:21 PM   #42
Senior Dancer

River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyaanii mom
What makes him think you know how to make tortillas?

Flour, baking powder, and salt. Use a rollin pin for flat tortillas. Or learn to flap the dough like a true Nava-JO.

Hee hee
I think he's testing me :) Says all the ladies in his family make them. He said I needed a special 'griddle' to cook them on What the hell is he talking about? :sailingaw
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota
Old 09-17-2004, 11:48 PM   #43
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
Savings: 1.00
Talking for MMMM MMM delicious Tortillas & Frybread!!!!

TWO WORDS...

BLUEBIRD FLOUR!!!

:42:

RIIGGGHHHTT??? :Tongue

Last edited by BurBz; 09-17-2004 at 11:50 PM..
BurBz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2004, 01:59 AM   #44
Junior Dancer

sonny453 is a jewel in the rough
Wink Married ??? Ummm Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of Seattle
I'll ask my other 49 year old girlfriends :); actually, from what I see here, you are right! You wouldn't happen to be single, would ya? I love to cook!

D
...... um yes i am married......lol
sonny453 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2004, 07:02 AM   #45
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii
I can cook! I know spices and how they work. I can make frybread - 4 different ways.

Mexican, Chinese, English, American, Ojibwe, French, Cajun. I can do it all, dammit. BAM!

Don't ask me to cook mutton. I no nuttin bout mutton.

*LMAO @ BAM! Anishinaabe Emeril!

Kiwehnzi, my Niij! Ya always put a smile on my face here!

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2004, 10:50 AM   #46
Southern Cheyennes of O.K

SaltRiver Cheyennes is on a distinguished road
Credits: 230.00
In my old school way of thinking , if you are taking care of your woman than the least she can do is cook for you . I dont care for a full gourmet meal but just something is all that they should do. If your taking care of your woman cause you can.
I don't think Top Ramen counts and neither does hot dog water.my buddies lady sits on her butt all day long and doesn't want to even get a mael ready for her daughter cause she is trying to watch her weight ....thats what she says . If it wasn't for this school year she still wouldn't be cooking for her . Her daughter would come over to my house to eat.
SaltRiver Cheyennes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2004, 06:36 PM   #47
Senior Dancer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltRiver Cheyennes
In my old school way of thinking , if you are taking care of your woman than the least she can do is cook for you . I dont care for a full gourmet meal but just something is all that they should do. If your taking care of your woman cause you can.
I don't think Top Ramen counts and neither does hot dog water.my buddies lady sits on her butt all day long and doesn't want to even get a mael ready for her daughter cause she is trying to watch her weight ....thats what she says . If it wasn't for this school year she still wouldn't be cooking for her . Her daughter would come over to my house to eat.
Could you define "taking care of your woman" for me? Sometimes the sexes don't exactly agree on that point....
Old 09-18-2004, 08:52 PM   #48
Band Manager

Miss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii
I can make frybread - 4 different ways.

Mexican, Chinese, English, American, Ojibwe, French, Cajun. I can do it all, dammit. BAM!
Maaaaan.. :) Ya know what's da best!!! Cookin' Frybread with blueberries!! Mmmmm..
Old 09-23-2004, 01:18 AM   #49
Junior Dancer

Cant Cook

I don't know why you girls try so hard, when everyone knows, the best chefs in the world are men.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:40 AM   #50
Senior Dancer

Siouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond repute
Siouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 397.00
Quote:
I don't know why you girls try so hard, when everyone knows, the best chefs in the world are men.

True ......
Siouxper_Bunz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2004, 08:03 AM   #51
Wind Flower

Allanque is on a distinguished road
I plan on teaching my daughter to cook and if I have a son he will learn to cook too.I learned to cook from my mother and grandmother and also on my own,I can cook alot of different ethnic foods.I am especially good at cooking Italian,Mexican and Puerto Rican foods.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:45 AM   #52
Senior Dancer

in your dreams...

Quote:

JULIA CHILD
end of story
Old 09-23-2004, 11:18 AM   #53
is a talking Magpie

wannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

so wut wuz the point of the thread of young ladies not bein able to cook when u think men are better at it newayz??...go do ur thing then lol..an uh..i think there are some men who can cook real good like my dad..but not every man can do so...

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic
wannabeUrNo1Snag is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2004, 01:20 PM   #54
Junior Dancer

Ouch !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeUrNo1Snag
so wut wuz the point of the thread of young ladies not bein able to cook when u think men are better at it newayz??...go do ur thing then lol..an uh..i think there are some men who can cook real good like my dad..but not every man can do so...
i left out something in my last post wannabe..... 99.9% of boys cant even burn water ...let alone cook.... like i said i had to learn to cook or strave....i know the boys cant cook, but we used to pride ourselves when our "young" gurls could cook... now it is alarming when you have to take your kids to mickey d's, or wendy's or those fast food places where they can eat all the wrong foods .... these places have contributed to the diabeties epidemic in ndn country..... i was juz teasing some of the females on our boards with the "cant cook " thread..... but the more responses i got the more realized this is sreious sH*t.... but we juz have to look out for our bodies and learn to cook the rite foods .... i guess....... i did not mean to look macho .... i am sorry if i offended anybody.....
Old 09-23-2004, 01:32 PM   #55
Senior Dancer

Wink

Hey man! Don't apologize, we're all just havin' fun (well, at least I am). Love to tease guys...
Old 09-23-2004, 01:51 PM   #56
is a talking Magpie

wannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
i left out something in my last post wannabe..... 99.9% of boys cant even burn water ...let alone cook.... like i said i had to learn to cook or strave....i know the boys cant cook, but we used to pride ourselves when our "young" gurls could cook... now it is alarming when you have to take your kids to mickey d's, or wendy's or those fast food places where they can eat all the wrong foods .... these places have contributed to the diabeties epidemic in ndn country..... i was juz teasing some of the females on our boards with the "cant cook " thread..... but the more responses i got the more realized this is sreious sH*t.... but we juz have to look out for our bodies and learn to cook the rite foods .... i guess....... i did not mean to look macho .... i am sorry if i offended anybody.....
i'm not offended..jus seemed u were tryin to make it into a battle of sexes...i'm all for mothers takin care of their families..but fathers should contribute...don't u agree??..especially nowadays where both parents in the household are holding down jobs...just a opinion..no feelerz hurt..

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic
wannabeUrNo1Snag is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2004, 03:24 PM   #57
...I'm NOT REEALLY Shy...

.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute
.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute.::.~Shy1~.::. has a reputation beyond repute
I think I am a good cook :D Growing up, my moms was always working and what not and I had to watch my lil brother and younger sister. So I ended up doin the cooking, cleaning, basically being a second mom....I was brought up traditionally and was always told I had to this way and I had to be that way, I couldn't do this, I couldn't do that....So that did a lot of good.....I always had to help cook for our ceremonies and when I stayed out at our ranch with the grandparents...I always cooked for my gramps and grams... Making all that frybread, hot fresh tortillas, potatoes....
mmmmmm now I want to go home and have grams make me some....lol....getting all hungry....but yeah....I think I'm a good cook.....:D
Old 09-25-2004, 11:07 PM   #58
Junior Dancer

i agree men should contribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeUrNo1Snag
... fathers should contribute...don't u agree??..especially nowadays where both parents in the household are holding down jobs...just a opinion...
i totally agree with you that fathers should help.....my household skills could use an upgrade...lol..... my new job leaves me with no life and no time to anything but sneek in a few chats with you good peeps..
Old 09-25-2004, 11:21 PM   #59
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Some of us mom's hate having the kids or anyone else for that matter messing up or around in our kitchen, but will teach them how just in case we don't feel like cooking for them LOL. Actually I worked for ten years as a cook in either fast food, short order and at one place head chef so cooking is a pleasure for me most of the time.

I say if you are that worried about your girls not knowing to cook, round them up and teach them. Teach the boys while you're at it, otherwise they will be at your house for dinner every night after they move out of the house LOL! Naw, seriously... every young man should learn how to do all the household chores including laundry, and cook before they leave the house. Besides, a woman finds a man that can take care of himself quite attractive. Not all women are the nurturing mommy types anyhow.

Last edited by Blackbear; 09-25-2004 at 11:25 PM..
Blackbear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2004, 01:50 PM   #60
Head Dancer

Lakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Lakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,765.68
hmmmmm!!!! Interesting...

Well, I think there are some men who can actually cook better than women..but they are rare. But, yes there are alot of women who still cook..soo..I just thought I would add that and I do totally agree that more men should contribute to the household. esp. in the cooking area. I also agree on the fast food/junk food thing causing diabetes. But if you make the changes in your household I think the children will see that also. Most of mine now choose water instead of pop or like gatorade..and really if you think about it..mostly everything we eat now is jus junk to our bodies. We have to get back to our native, natural and healthy foods.
Lakota_winyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links