Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How do you discipline or plan to discipline your child/children?
My little Johnny and my precious Becky hardly ever misbehave. If they do, I dont play around... I immediately send them to timeout. (Warning to you: Your kids will probably be in timeout for 25 to life before they're 21.) 1 3.13%
I scold my children and may even verge on yelling at them but I would never hit them. (Warning to you: Your kid wont actually be the one doing the shooting... they'll just be an accomplice to the crime that the child in option 1 committed.) 1 3.13%
I spank my kids but only in private. Child punishment laws got me shook. (I can sympathize with you a little on this... youre still a punk in my opinion tho.) 2 6.25%
I aint no punk. I will embarass my kids in public by whatever means necessary and not think twice about it. When I'm at home, I make them pick the switches. (Its people like you who are the salt of the earth. Keep up the good work.) 13 40.63%
I believe when a kid gets 1 year old, I got the right to punch them in the throat or the stomach. If necessary, I'll beat 'em in their sleep. (You got some bada$$ kids! I aint mad atcha tho. You may actually be getting out of prison when the kids in options 1 and 2 and just getting there.) 0 0%
Just show me the results. 15 46.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Child Discipline Child Discipline

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2004, 12:07 PM   #21
Shut up and dance.

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
HECETUKE_WICASA is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Dad's "look" does the trick.

I spank when itís serious but only hard enough to get his attention that usually works for me. His mom on the other hand..... that may be a new post.... I think I'll start one.
HECETUKE_WICASA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2004, 12:13 PM   #22
JIBBY'S MOM

ahneenah has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbyô
My mom STILL whoops my a$$ to this day. And I have been muscled by everything from her pythons to belts to hangers to switches ..
:muscles: MIGHT AS WELL PICK OUT A SWITCH ON YOUR WAY HOME TONIGHT LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 08-26-2004, 12:15 PM   #23
Shut up and dance.

HECETUKE_WICASA is an unknown quantity at this point
Busted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahneenah
:muscles: MIGHT AS WELL PICK OUT A SWITCH ON YOUR WAY HOME TONIGHT LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

HAHAHA
HECETUKE_WICASA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2004, 12:23 PM   #24
...more than a feeling...

~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute
~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 982.39
Savings: 1.00
Uh oh, Jibby's Mom in da house! LOL... Welcome to the board!

Ok here is another.. How many times did we get snatched back by the hair on our heads? With " Don't you run from me!" LOL...

Other objects of discipline, hair brush, broom, Maxwell cofffee can(good to the last drop) I was threatened with the cast iron frying pan once.. I must have tested my parents often..
~Journey~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2004, 12:24 PM   #25
Senior Dancer

River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahneenah
female beauty obviously runs in this family...now we know why Jibby is such a 'looker'!
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota
River Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2004, 12:26 PM   #26
Senior Dancer

River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
Red face sad....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey
Uh oh, Jibby's Mom in da house! LOL... Welcome to the board!

Ok here is another.. How many times did we get snatched back by the hair on our heads? With " Don't you run from me!" LOL...

Other objects of discipline, hair brush, broom, Maxwell cofffee can(good to the last drop) I was threatened with the cast iron frying pan once.. I must have tested my parents often..
too often I remember that 'ducking' reflex coming in to play... oooooooooooo, here it comes!
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota
River Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2004, 12:31 PM   #27
is a talking Magpie

wannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond repute
my parents didn't spank me...the anger in their eyez wuz enough for me...one time my mom wuz partyin all nite..so the next mornin i wuz hungry...so i wuz sneakin to the fridge n eatin cold spaghetti..she caught me...n tried to spank me for EATIN..well..i ran upstairs..she pushed me on her bed..we actually wrestled..i wuz about 7 or 8...she tried with a brown sandel..lol..newayz..i managed to get away from her n ran into my room n push my kid sized piano to block my door...she left me alone after that...her tryin to punish me for somethin that wasn't wrong in the 1st place didn't teach me a damn thing but to not get caught sneakin in da fridge...i don't spank my daughter..altho sometimes i used to feel like i should...but then it seemed like i wuz jus angry...n takin it out on her...so i held that in...shes at that age where i can talk to her n she can understand wuts right an wrong..that happened only once to me...n i came out aye ohkay..at least i think so :) ...i especially don't like it when parents spank their kids out in public...the most i do in public is tell my daughter if she doesn't quit i'mma yell at her in front of everyone n embrass her...that seems to work lol...
my mom wuz more strict n punishin me then my dad...n vice versa for my brother...

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic
wannabeUrNo1Snag is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2004, 12:45 PM   #28
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
i like to get after kwezee's kids! LMAO JK... :rofl2::rofl2:

nahh.. as a child i was never spanked.. my parents talked to us and well..we listened lol.. my parents were strict with us.. they used words such as "shi awee, shi yazhi, etc"... they never thought about using time outs.. i doubt they knew what those were lol.. but my parents never spanked my brother sis or i. :)

my kids.. i dont spank my kids.. i talk to them the way my parents talked to me as a child.. my kids listen..they are not rowdy (except for my 16 month old LOL) he has his rowdy moments...but they dont go overboard like how some kids yell shutup back to their mommas or whatever... my kids are not like that.. THANK GAWD *knocks on wood* we all have our own ways of disciplining our kids. My parents would probably get very mad at me if i struck my kids ........its like that saying...

it shouldn't hurt to be a child... ...

sounds cheezy..but if you think about it.. its true.. kids are kids.. babies are babies..they dont know right from wrong.. a two year old does not yet know the actual right from wrong... :)
BurBz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2004, 12:59 PM   #29
is actually posting!

*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute
Burbs gets after anybody's and everybody's kids. LMAO.

I need to get her a sheriff's badge. Reminds me of that one time in Meijers. Good thing I stopped myself though.

Anyways....

I DO spank, every now and then, it's not every day but more like when they've really pi$$ed me off. Usually, the pending blow-up reflecting in my eyes makes my kids start behaving.

Ohmigoshhh! Switches!!! I used to hate those things, when gramma would be walking towards you with a switch in her hand. LMAO. Memories. :p
*Kwe_Zee* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2004, 01:02 PM   #30
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
uuummmmm what are switches??? LOL... someone..tell me LOL... i honestly dont know what you all are talking about when talking about switches.. i'm sitting here.. thinking LIGHT SWITCHES??? LOL :50:

:lol2:
Old 08-26-2004, 03:24 PM   #31
...more than a feeling...

~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute
~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 982.39
LOL.. its ok Burbs..
A switch comes off a bush or small tree, it is actually a branch with the leaves stripped off ..

The best swiches are the bigger ones, because those skinny little one will really light a fire on you legs and hinny!
~Journey~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2004, 03:25 PM   #32
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
I do a dropkick, then a chokeslam on to the floor then finally a karate kick into the wall!!!!! LMAO!! JK!! I don't do that......It sounded funny though.........LMAO!!! ANyways, I spank every once in awhile, and thats only after I exhausted my "babe, don't do that, this is whats going to happen" or " don't touch!", most of the time, I'll let her experience the effects of her actions herself, then explain to her what happened and why she shouldn't do it anymore. Only when it gets really serious do I ever spank her, most of the time her mom spanks her and threatens her with "I'm going to tell your dad"...LOL.....Most of the time I try to explain things and I'll become more strict in how I say things, then if she won't listen or refuses to, I spank her......like one time, we were at the laundromat and she glared at everyone there and had her nose high up int he air and I asked her to get the socks out and she rolled her eyes and absolutely refused! I asked again and she turned her back and thats when I put the smackdown on her booty! Tell you what she hasn't done that again and that was last month.....but overall, she is a good girl, and I know it is hard for her sometimes to have a Marine father and Navy mother who deal with babies at work and come home to try to be the loving parents we try to be.....but like I said overall, she is a good girl, and we do reward her when she does good....One thing we never reward her for though is basic chores like picking up her toys or fixing her bed. We believe that is something she should do without being rewarded for......Unlike my wife, I was brought up by way of the belt, wire, shovel, rake, what have you.....I became a decent (I think) person....I turned out alright and I just want the best for my daughter to just just have respect for otheres, to treat others the way she wants to be treated, and to have a good sense of morals.....we'll see in about 10 more years....LOL.........

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2004, 04:14 PM   #33
Dineth Hearth Throth

Quote:
LOL.. its ok Burbs..
A switch comes off a bush or small tree, it is actually a branch with the leaves stripped off ..

The best swiches are the bigger ones, because those skinny little one will really light a fire on you legs and hinny!
OUCH! LMAO...

Ohhhh okay... i didnt know what that was LOL... :p...but uummmmmm
OUCH :dontknow: LMAO
Old 08-26-2004, 05:36 PM   #34
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
I think my flat booty is a direct result of my diciplined childhood days....another words HELLZ YEAH, i got my a$$ whooped flat out...literally!

I'm a firm believer in spankin dat arse, how else would i have learned that you arent suppose to peel the labels off the comods? ...hahahaha! jks!
Old 08-26-2004, 05:48 PM   #35
PowWows.com Addicts

**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
Location: just think trees, lakes, rolling hills n fresh air.
Quote:
LOL.. its ok Burbs..

The worst ones are the one that come off the juniper trees! how about the ones that grow in the wash(for all you JAAHNS)?Damn those hurt! I got smart though, I knew when I was going to get a whoopin', I would put extra jeans on and place books in my pants.....LOL! then pretend to cry.
**jdazmum** is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2004, 07:03 PM   #36
Shmiles With Eskimo Pride

nt_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond repute
nt_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,364.92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of Seattle
My Mom used to say "quit cryin' or I'll really give you something to cry about!" and her favorite 'weapon' was those skinny, hard green bamboo sticks you use in the garden to tie up plants. Those really sting across the back of the legs. But I think for me some of the verbal abuse was worse than any stick...
ah huh ... i heard that from my folks once or a thousand times ... same with: i'd would have done better with a switching, cause that welt heals, but words stay with you for a long long time ...

"A person who works with their hands is a laborer,
A person who works with their hands & their brain is a craftsman,
A person who works with their brain & their heart ... is an Artist".
Join my on my face book fan page:
nt_inuk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2004, 07:14 PM   #37
Shmiles With Eskimo Pride

nt_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond repute
nt_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,364.92
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo4Tango
I got smart though, I knew when I was going to get a whoopin', I would put extra jeans on and place books in my pants.....LOL! then pretend to cry.
LMEBO ... i did that once ... lmebo ... yes "once" ... cause then, mom said, "that's it pants down and lean over" ... well, it took me 15 minutes to get all the jeans and shorts down. lmebo ... sad memory, but at least i can lol now about it. (the minds of a lil' person hey!)

"A person who works with their hands is a laborer,
A person who works with their hands & their brain is a craftsman,
A person who works with their brain & their heart ... is an Artist".
Join my on my face book fan page:
nt_inuk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2004, 02:34 AM   #38
is actually posting!

*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burberrilish
uuummmmm what are switches??? LOL... someone..tell me LOL... i honestly dont know what you all are talking about when talking about switches.. i'm sitting here.. thinking LIGHT SWITCHES??? LOL :50:

:lol2:
What a NERD! :rofl2:
*Kwe_Zee* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2004, 03:21 AM   #39
YOU KNOW YOU LOVE THIS...

Items Treasure ChestElephantElephantTreasure Chest
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,828.87
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washakie Witch
All I'll say on this subject is what the current trend in Child Psychology espouses and that is: violence against another person teaches a child that violence is an acceptable way to express anger, pain or frustration. The child usually does not fully associate that slap or whipping with what they did. Reward good behavior. Too often parents react when children misbehave instead of reinforcing when they do something positive, like playing nicely with their baby brother or sharing a toy with another child. When a child misbehaves the first time you tell them you did not like what they did and if they do it again there will be consequences. Taking away TV privileges, not letting them have a friend over, not letting them go to the mall, etc., are some examples. Don't use household chores as a punishment. A child should be expected to do household chores (not a slave, mind you) as a matter of course. This made me think of something else. An older child should be expected to babysit a younger sibling without being paid. This is part of contributing to the wellbeing of the family and not something deserving of a 'bribe'. Well, I better quit while I am ahead.... counselor hat off...
here is some stuff that i can agree with. my dot watches my son, that is just what you do as the older one, she also does chores with no allowance, i explain to her that she lives here and i do not get paid for cleaning so that is that. this is her house too. this is hard for me, because i see in alot of posts people saying that spanking and such is the old fashioned way. this is not true, well it is if you are talking about the white mans world. last weekend at my annual powwow there was a touristy type family sitting on the risers behind me, we were on the arena floor in chairs afcoarse, cause we had kids dancing. anyway the father reaches down and smacks his daughter who could only be about 4 right on the arm and says do not hit, and then hits her again and says do not hit. talk about mixed signal. what are we teaching our youth, that it is not okay to be abusive to your partner, nor to take abuse, because people are of value. what does that say to the children, that they are not of value, that they are not people, they are just kids out property to treat as we like. there is a story my aunty told my about how the migizi clan came to be, and as soon as it snow i will try to remember to post it here. hitting your children is not the old fashioned way it is the white way, and unfortunatly alot of us were brought up that way. do not get me wrong i am not attaking anyones parenting skills, just giving my opinion. in my field i see alot of abused children, and what is the line that makes the hidden beatings abuse. well that is my soap box, and now i will step down so someone else can step up.
have a great day all.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:34 AM   #40
Choc-lack-chick!

Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 535.92
explain me this though,
why is that i got beat like Penny on Good Times (dayum, i've dated myself) but my mom and grandma only tap my kids' hands. What's up with that? So they think I'm just evil biatch while Nana and Big Mama are sweet as pie?
Homalosa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links