Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat children children

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
Beady Eyed & Beautiful

Items DollDolphin
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Suzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond repute
Suzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,206.83
Savings: 0.00
Wink children

What are some of your funniest stories about children and what they have done? How did the parents react in the situation?

Last night, I was at a local restaurant, where a father was trying to convince his son to drink what he chose for him.

"But, I don't want to drink Root Beer," the son said.
The father tried to get him to drink it anyway, saying,"It's not really Beer...it doesn't have any alcohol in it....I'm not really sure what it's made of."

Please share your stories.......

Last edited by Suzizila; 07-30-2012 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: I thought of something else.
Suzizila is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
Agent of Chaos

RestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond repute
RestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,230.60
I do not know about funny, but I was taken aback when I saw a child (about 6 or so) tell his mother to "shut up". I am 29 years old and I would be too afraid to tell my mama to "shut up" over the phone.

"Don't trust anyone who isn't hungry."
- Me
RestlessN8iv is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
LeannB

Items DollDollCat
LeannB has a reputation beyond repute
LeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,648.74
Our son (almost three at the time) went w/ us to a powwow this spring and was very impressed with some of the mens' outfits.

"That man has a feather butt!" sez son, pointing to a fancy dancer. I realized he ment the man's bustle, and I laughed and agreed he DID have a feather butt, but that he was wearing a bustle (and that he didn't really have feathers growing on his backside!). He kept pointing out the various dancers with bustles, exclaiming over them.

Then we walked around a bit to the craft booths...and he kept crying that he wanted a feather. I told him I wasn't going to pay $5 a feather, when we had several boxes of feathers at home, and a whole chicken house with fluffy bits flying around, just for the picking up. He got very frustrated with me. He grabbed one that was within reach on a table (when I took my eye off of him), and tried to stick it to his backside.

It didn't work, of course. Which didn't help his frame of mind.

Yeah, Mama and big Sis are working on gathering the stuff to make him his own "feather butt."
Old 07-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
Beady Eyed & Beautiful

Items DollDolphin
Suzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond repute
Suzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeannB View Post
Our son (almost three at the time) went w/ us to a powwow this spring and was very impressed with some of the mens' outfits.

"That man has a feather butt!" sez son, pointing to a fancy dancer. I realized he ment the man's bustle, and I laughed and agreed he DID have a feather butt, but that he was wearing a bustle (and that he didn't really have feathers growing on his backside!). He kept pointing out the various dancers with bustles, exclaiming over them.

Then we walked around a bit to the craft booths...and he kept crying that he wanted a feather. I told him I wasn't going to pay $5 a feather, when we had several boxes of feathers at home, and a whole chicken house with fluffy bits flying around, just for the picking up. He got very frustrated with me. He grabbed one that was within reach on a table (when I took my eye off of him), and tried to stick it to his backside.

It didn't work, of course. Which didn't help his frame of mind.

Yeah, Mama and big Sis are working on gathering the stuff to make him his own "feather butt."
Too funny! When you get your son's "feather butt" together, maybe you should park him in front of a fancy dancer dvd. You never know, you may have a future dancer on your hands....and how old is he now?
Old 07-31-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
LeannB

Items DollDollCat
LeannB has a reputation beyond repute
LeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,648.74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzizila View Post
Too funny! When you get your son's "feather butt" together, maybe you should park him in front of a fancy dancer dvd. You never know, you may have a future dancer on your hands....and how old is he now?
He was NOT QUITE three...he turned three in May. Yeah, He LOVES it when big sis YouTubes powwow videos for him, and he's ALL about drums. EVERYTHING is a drum. My big tins I store flour in are pockmarked with dents from a Lincoln Log stick. He has a nice personal size drum, but we keep that put away for a bit 'cause he's not careful with it. We have a Metis drum CD that we play in the car and he already knows most of the songs and sings along. And he's learning bits of Shawnee, too; we play those CDs in the car too. He';s pretty athletic. I suspect he'd be a GREAT dancer!

ETA...I don't know who the person was that has posted all those Black Lodge Singer songs on YouTube, but they have made many afternoons easier. Big sis would turn them on when he was just turning two and grumpy. It calmed him down right away.

Last edited by LeannB; 07-31-2012 at 03:49 PM..
LeannB is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
CheyManche Mommy

Items ElephantElephantPresent
cris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond repute
cris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 56,263.22
I could go on and on about cute/funny stories about my two littles....Here is one from last weekend that had me laughing!

So my friend invited us to a swim/cook out for her sons birthday....so we're finally home tired in bed from a long fun day and the Sun Drop commercial comes on with the girl that dances around and "drops it like its hot!" so this is the convo between me and my 5 year old daughter...

Me: Gracie, did you see they had that sun drop drink at Tay's party??

Gracie: Yeah, I was gonna drink one but I didn't wanna be dancing around everywhere...so i just drank a Pepsi!

Be humble, but not shy.
Be confident, but not arrogant.

Lessons Learned In Life
cris_neva is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #7
CheyManche Mommy

cris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond repute
cris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond reputecris_neva has a reputation beyond repute
My lil bug is to smart...watching a show and they bleeped out a curse word...
Gracie: Eww, mom she said the "F" word!
Me: So what's the "F" word??
Gracie: YOU KNOW!!

She proceeds to tell me the "F" word...(Jaw on the floor) Lets just say Miss Gracie knows the sounds the letters make and can read lips....YIKES!!!

Be humble, but not shy.

Lessons Learned In Life
Old 08-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
CheyManche Mommy

Another funny story...Convo in the car a fews ago

Gracie: Mom, where we goin??
Alex: We're going to get my drivers license!
Gracie: "NO WE'RE NOT.. YOU HAVE TO BE OLD LIKE MAMA!!"
Me: OMG!!! DID YOU JUST CALL ME OLD?? DID SHE JUST CALL ME OLD??
Alex: She's not old sis...she's middle aged!
Me: I THINK I'M GONNA CRY!!
Be humble, but not shy.

Lessons Learned In Life
Old 08-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #9
CheyManche Mommy

AND another one!

So my Gracie who is 5 yrs old was looking at some of her trophies from her Beauty Pageants...she grabbed one, looked at it and said, "AHH, GOOD TIMES!!"

Be humble, but not shy.

Lessons Learned In Life
Old 08-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
Tiny Tot Dancer

Ketzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 871.19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cris_neva View Post
Another funny story...Convo in the car a fews ago

Gracie: Mom, where we goin??
Alex: We're going to get my drivers license!
Gracie: "NO WE'RE NOT.. YOU HAVE TO BE OLD LIKE MAMA!!"
Me: OMG!!! DID YOU JUST CALL ME OLD?? DID SHE JUST CALL ME OLD??
Alex: She's not old sis...she's middle aged!
Me: I THINK I'M GONNA CRY!!
That one had me almost in tears too! lol

So this one is from way back in the day, my eldest son is almost 16 now but at the time of the incident he was almost 3. Standing in Walmart with my mom talkin at the checkout line. I hear these old ladies giggling behind me. So I turn around and theres my boy stripped STARK naked with nothing but his socks and shoes. I was so embarassed, I paid for our stuff n turned to my mom n said, "well, you gonna get your kid or what?"
Old 08-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #11
outnumbered

Items 49 AccessElephantCakePresent
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,630.70

Last edited by comadre; 09-12-2012 at 01:40 PM..
comadre is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2012, 12:50 AM   #12
Beady Eyed & Beautiful

Items DollDolphin
Talking Playground Lovin'...had him a Blast

Thanks for all of the great stories.

This is a story craziness and compassion. Last weekend I was at a family reunion/birthday party which I helped to plan. While i was there, I got volunteered to take my cousin's son to the park...(He was just dying to go & wouldn't be quiet until he did go) He was here, there, and everywhere about the park until it was time to eat dinner. Of course, I had to be the one to stick my foot in my mouth when I said maybe we could come back after eating. He ate as quickly as he could, was very impatient& was told that he had to wait until my plate was empty.

The time came to where we went back to the park. While playing, he and this girl were hanging out together. After a while, they split up & did their own thing. Finally, he decided to go to the swings. i told him that it was going to be time for a break afterward. As soon as he was finished, I said that it was time to go. That boy let out the loudest, ear piercing scream (like somebody was trying to kill him) And who rushed right over to us but his playground girlfriend, who had to see what he was screaming about & if he was OK. I told her that it was time for us to go & took him over toward the direction of the picnic shelter.....Who came to meet us along the way, but his mother(and also mother to a 6 week old little girl) She had her break from child #1. I have yet to tell her about her son's playground girlfriend.

Playground Lovin'.....had him a blast. Playground Lovin' it happened so fast....played and played until they went separate ways...reunited by an ear piercing screaming....they got together...you know what I mean....Playground Lovin' just drifted away in the eve of last Sunday
Old 08-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
I don't have children, so I have to recycle friends' and family's kid stories.

I have twin nieces. They're grown now, but this is a story from when they were very little girls. They loved to play dress up. My s-i-l had a couple old pairs of pumps that she let them play with. Except they couldn't say "high heels," it always came out as "hell wheels!" So whenever they played dress up, it was always "Look at me! Look at me! I got my hell wheels on!"

RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #14
Tiny Tot Dancer

Ketzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond reputeKetzalitzli has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 871.19
Yesterday we were taking down camp at the end of Crow Fair and my daughter was watching. First the shade, then the tipis and the wall tents. Her dad, grandpa and uncle were all taking down that wall tent..

My daughter busts out with: "Sooo.. are you teaching him to be a man more?"

Last edited by Ketzalitzli; 08-21-2012 at 01:19 PM..
Ketzalitzli is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #15
CheyManche Mommy

So my son wanted to go to the mall to spend some of his bday money over the wknd...We go to Dillards because my son wants to check out some watches. Well guess what's across from the watches...make-up....so my son wants me to check out a watch he's thinking about buying...I turn my back for a few minutes and when I turn back around she had one eye covered in blue and the other in black eye shadow.....My son was like MOM, she looks like she has a black eye!

This is actually the second time she's got into make-up while out shopping....the other time was at Victoria Secret...FYI, never let your little one run around Victoria Secret alone...Miss Gracie was testing out the shimmer bronzer...I had me a lil guido...LOL...She had to walk around the mall like that the rest of the day....

Enjoy the pics!

Be humble, but not shy.

Lessons Learned In Life
Sponsored Links