Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Coffee Ceremony Coffee Ceremony

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,562.70
Savings: 0.00
Cool Coffee Ceremony

Every single morning before the sun comes up, I find my favorite mug and make my way to the coffee machine. I turn on the coffee machine, rinse out the pot, fill it up with water and add coffee grounds to the filter. When it's ready, I fill my mug and add sweetner and milk. *Awwwww I'm ready to begin my day!

When I get to work I go to my desk, get my coffee cup with Indian designs and head to the break room. I turn on the coffee machine, rinse out my coffee cup, load an individual decanter into the machine, put the cup under the spout and press start. After my cup fills up, I add sweetner and creamer.

In the breakroom, I see the exact same people each day doing the same ritual. We call it "our coffee ceremony." Without this ceremony our coffee culture would cease to exist. Perhaps I should compose a coffee ceremony song to render while the coffee is brewing? *L

What does your coffee ceremony consist of?
Old 10-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
We had one of those big 12 cup coffee makers at home, I found I was wasting a vast amount of what might be a non-renewable resource soon. I bought one of those Tassimo machines and life has become a ritual of picking out what kind of coffee I would like and within one minute, I have in my mug that says, "Stop Me Before I Volunteer Again" a nice fresh, brewed just for me cup of coffee (or speciality tea).

Did you know that if you save all your coffee grounds and scatter them on your lawn or garden that they act as a water retention material? Keeps the garden/lawn drought proof as any amount of moisture is absorbed by the grounds and later absorbed by the dirt/grass. Now, when my dogs decide to roll on the ground they come in smelling like a cup of coffee.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,592.84
Who - I don't have a ritual b/c I jump from coffee to water to diet dr. pepper when the mood strikes. However, according to recent news reports, with all of mother natures changes, coffee beans may not be around in another 30 to 40 years!!!!!! How awful to think of a world with out coffee or chocolate (there are reports about cocoa beans being affected the same way) because of high temps, droughts, etc. :( Let's hope the reports are wrong!

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
I use a coffee machine making sure i use very cold water as for coffee brands it dont matter whatever is cheapest... Some mornings I make coffee some mornings Wife does just depends...

Speaking of Coffee reminds me of my Grandma, She rose early ever morning just about sun up to make coffee. She would dump coffee into a pot and set it on the stove and boil it on high flame. Then pour a little bit of cold water to settle the grounds, She would get a cup and saucer out and pour some coffee and lots of sugar and drink her coffee. I will always remember her sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee with her long hair hanging down to her waist not yet put up, slowly drinking her coffee while the rest of the house still slept...
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
pigheaded

All I know is that somehow the coffee gets made, and by the time I wake up, I'm in front of the pot, fully dressed, pouring what appears to be a second cup. And I'm the only one up at that time of the morning. Hmm, one of these days I'm gonna have to find out how that darn coffee gets made!
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
I'm a bad influence on ME

Items GuitarPanda
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
Location: jaw-ja, you know, way down yonder in the land of cotton....
Credits: 26,775.11
My routine, is not so routine...I don't usually drink coffee before work...so, when I get to the office one of several things will happen....either the coffee has been made and is dripping when I come in the door, because I won't drink it if it sits for more than an hour or so....nononono....or I make it when I walk in, ......or, sometimes when I walk in someone has gone to DD's and brought me COFFEE.....(and I am coffee picky....my faves are Dunkin Donuts (XL, cream and sugar) or Maxwell House French Roast),
when I'm off from work...I drink coffee at Mama and Daddy's house with them on Monday mornings...and on my other off days...I usually go get it myself...or if I want more than one cup , I'll make a pot at home...

Do ya'll find you drink more coffee in the cooler temps?
I know I sure do....

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"
trouble is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #7
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone ever have their grandparents make "pretend coffee" from chicory?

My gran used to make that and spruce bark tea.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

Old 10-20-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
pigheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
Anyone ever have their grandparents make "pretend coffee" from chicory?

My gran used to make that and spruce bark tea.
OMG. Yeah, I havn't thought about that in forever. I think that is why I started drinking coffe late in life. BLAHHHH! LOL
Old 10-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #9
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,562.70
So nobody makes a regular morning stop at Starbucks or Seattles' Best?

I always see these places PACKED!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #10
pigheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post

Not me. I see these places packed too, and wonder, WHY? Starbucks tastes worse than grandma's chicory sweetened with castor oil. Blah!
I'll take walmart's Master Chef over Toomuchbucks any day.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #11
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Quote:

Nope...

Here's why...

Old 10-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #12
pigheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
Nope...

Here's why...

Old 10-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #13
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,592.84
I have been to starbucks once...just last weekend b/c one of my bosses got all of us a vanilla soy latte one morning...and they were AWESOME! (I'm a soy and almond milk drinker) So that weekend, I went and got a sugar free vanilla soy latte but it didn't taste as good as the sugary one. *L* But it is kind of pricey to spend that much on coffee....latte or not.

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #14
Junior Dancer

annie_griffin has a reputation beyond repute
annie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,323.57
It depends on which coffee equipment is working.
I wake up and head downstairs to the kitchen table and fill a pot with water and put it on the stove.

It takes a while to boil so I usually turn on the radio and listen
to music with my head on the table because I am so tired.
The annoying pop music keeps me from falling back to sleep.

After the water has boiled I open the bright yellow and red package of El Pico coffee (cheap but good) measure a few tablespoons into a coffee press
pour in the water and about this time my 15 year old daughter is saying come on Mom I have to go NOW!!!!!!!
I sadly leave the coffee drive her to school come home wake up my son and eventually have that now not so hot cup of coffee.

Last edited by annie_griffin; 10-21-2011 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: typos
annie_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #15
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Quote:

Lol When I use to live in Seattle....
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #16
Back where I belong

Items Present
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,899.39
I don't have a coffee ceremony. My morning ritual goes like this....

Go to the fridge. Grab a can. Pop the top. Enjoy. On some days when the need is there, I repeat the ceremony.

I'll drink coffee sometimes later in the morning, but first thing in the morning I drink Diet Coke. This goes back to my college days (the first time through college) and hasn't stopped since.

Starbucks is something we do for a treat, every once in a while, but I must admit my junior high school age daughters are more into that than I am.
NorthofAda is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-21-2011, 12:46 AM   #17
Pow Wow Visitor

Items PresentDolphinDevil
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 36,829.89
You can bypass the expensive prices at Starbucks by just ordering an espresso con panna which is around $2.00.
wanjica_the_one is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-21-2011, 12:51 AM   #18
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 82,072.92
My ritual is a tad bit different, LOL.

Get up
Bathroom routine
Drive to work
Power on equipment
Go to break room
Smell the air in the break room*
Grab tea bag from basket and put in mug
Use the hot water output on the coffee maker to fill mug
Add sweetener and cream
Repeat 2 to 3 times

Weekends and morning shoots etc I will drop by Dunkin Donuts because I usually don't head into the production office.

*I have a bloodhound-like sense of smell and thus taste. So I can tell by smell whether they used the normal crappy coffee that Aramark drops off in these little gold colored bags or if someone used one of their own roasts in the coffee machine, the thing makes 3 pots. The junk that gets delivered tastes like they burnt the roast to a crisp... its very bitter, I can actually taste it in the air.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #19
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 64,554.32
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofAda View Post
...Go to the fridge. Grab a can. Pop the top. Enjoy.
Do that in my house and you'll very likely be enjoying half a can of Fancy Feast seafood medley with cat poison -- uhm (quit channeling the cat) -- cat allergy medicine mixed in.

You can ask my mom, a bifocals resister, about grabbing the chicken flavored cat vitamin gravy rather than Cesar salad dressing. Yuck!
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #20
pigheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Do that in my house and you'll very likely be enjoying half a can of Fancy Feast seafood medley with cat poison -- uhm (quit channeling the cat) -- cat allergy medicine mixed in.

You can ask my mom, a bifocals resister, about grabbing the chicken flavored cat vitamin gravy rather than Cesar salad dressing. Yuck!

partook in ceremony A LOT today. lol
Sponsored Links