Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Coffee Ceremony Coffee Ceremony

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #41
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,323.85
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by neling4 View Post
You were rich once? Me too...until I spent all my money on Starbucks coffee.
ahhh, them frozen mocha cappachinos. when its so hot outdoors and i am passing a starbucks, my mouth starts to water! (drool, drool). good thing i am not the one driving, otherwise the car would head right in, automatically! sometimes i believe i can feel the car trying to lean towards the starbucks!

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
"Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
"I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
"Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
"Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**
APACHEFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #42
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose View Post
this morning i had a nice coffee ceremony that included the long anticipated...opening of the new can of coffee...even if it was the 1/2 caf...i had to inhale the excaping aroma before it diffused.

Then i empty out the water in the coffee carafe and dh's 1/2 gallon coffee thermos (he will not let me wash them out with soap), start the coffee, and listen to the fizz/plopp/sizzle until the coffee is ready.

Then i watch him fix his first cup and then the thermos full...while i try not to think about the chai tea fixings i forgot to pick up. I'm missing coffee...might just try out some sanka.
sanka?! Thats a sin!

**laughin**
Old 10-24-2011, 09:13 PM   #43
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 82,072.92
Savings: 0.00
I met a friend for lunch today at some small diner in Bethlehem and they had some awesome coffee, added a little cream and sugar and it was just perfect.

Anyone else notice that the quality of Dunkin Donuts coffee has gone down recently?

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2011, 11:25 PM   #44
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
I met a friend for lunch today at some small diner in Bethlehem and they had some awesome coffee, added a little cream and sugar and it was just perfect.

Anyone else notice that the quality of Dunkin Donuts coffee has gone down recently?
i have only stopped by once at dunkin donuts. got a breakfast sompin…holy cow! was it awful. ended up tossing it in the trash. never have had coffee there. i never want to go back!

**laughin**
Old 10-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #45
pigheaded

Little one crawled into bed with me a gramma again last night, so I'm a doing a lot of ceremony again today. How can such a little guy be such a HUGEbed hog? All I know is he gets it from his grammama. Don;t tell her I said that or I'll deny it
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #46
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
Quote:
I haven't had Dunkin Donuts coffee in a long, long time. But, the quality of the coffee everywhere has gone down! The better the restaurant, the worse the coffee. I've had to send the coffee back at a number of places here. It's made too strong and it is bitter! Ate at IHOP a couple weeks ago. The coffee was drinkable, but not all that good. Tasted the same as everywhere else (w/bad coffee), but they didn't make it quite as strong.

Restaurants have either forgotten how to make coffee, or the culinary schools have been corrupted by Starbucks' nasty coffee and that's what they're teaching now.
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #47
I pull your leg out!

Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Scientists say given global climate change that coffee may be pushed to extinction by 2050. Thats excluding the fact that companies like Monsanto will probably genetically modify the plant that grows the coffee bean to withstand temperature and hydration extremes like they have done with corn.... plus side is as a result we will all probably glow in the dark.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 10-27-2011, 07:26 AM   #48
I'm a bad influence on ME

Items GuitarPanda
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
Location: jaw-ja, you know, way down yonder in the land of cotton....
Credits: 26,775.11
Quote:
Scientists say given global climate change that coffee may be pushed to extinction by 2050.
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
plus side is as a result we will all probably glow in the dark.
I think I already do....dang...this will probably make me glow green...

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"
trouble is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #49
pigheaded

Can intravenously be considered ceremony?
Old 10-28-2011, 01:38 AM   #50
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
I haven't had Dunkin Donuts coffee in a long, long time. But, the quality of the coffee everywhere has gone down! The better the restaurant, the worse the coffee. I've had to send the coffee back at a number of places here. It's made too strong and it is bitter! Ate at IHOP a couple weeks ago. The coffee was drinkable, but not all that good. Tasted the same as everywhere else (w/bad coffee), but they didn't make it quite as strong.

Restaurants have either forgotten how to make coffee, or the culinary schools have been corrupted by Starbucks' nasty coffee and that's what they're teaching now.
RDNKJ..after watchin several specials on what goes on behind the scene in fooderies if you upset the staff…never send stuff back! they do unspeakable things to it, then give it back to you! honest!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigheaded View Post
Can intravenously be considered ceremony?
since there are so many of you…like a cult or sompin…its got to be sanctioned by now.

**laughin**
Old 10-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #51
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
R, have to agree with you on the restaurant coffee...it's mostly brown coloured swill. I think the dirty dish water would have more taste.

I'm loving my Tassimo. Haven't had a bad cup of coffee since I bought it. My ceremony now includes an after dinner espresso or latte in front of the fireplace with some Diana Krall in the background. (one day, I'll figure out how to turn on the fireplace's gas supply again...lol)
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #52
pigheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by APACHEFIRE View Post
since there are so many of you…like a cult or sompin…its got to be sanctioned by now.

Well after a few days of travel, much work, boring meetings and little sleep. It was good to come home lastnight/early this morning and get back into the normal groove of my ceremony. Pop the vacuum seal, take a BIG wiff and "Ahhhhhhhh!" 2 Mountainous scoops and about 10 cups of water. Listen to the sounds of sweet percolation. Hm! I'm head over to the making coffee Thread, I think I'm getting a little excited.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #53
I pull your leg out!

Coffee ceremony this afternoon was stopping at a gas station / convenience store and grab a large coffee for my drive into the city. Made the drive a whole lot better and less stressful... I have a short temper with morons on the road.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:12 PM   #54
Lion of Judah

RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by APACHEFIRE View Post
RDNKJ..after watchin several specials on what goes on behind the scene in fooderies if you upset the staff…never send stuff back! they do unspeakable things to it, then give it back to you! honest!
Oh, I know!!! I'm never rude or snotty to the staff. I'm always pleasant and polite to them. The last time I sent coffee back, I had a very nice conversation with the maitre d' about the decline in restaurant coffee.

Especially in restaurants, don't be an @$$ until you're done eating. I express my displeasure with service by tipping less. If the service was bad enough, I've been known to even write a little note on their copy of the check.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #55
Lion of Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
R, have to agree with you on the restaurant coffee...it's mostly brown coloured swill. I think the dirty dish water would have more taste.

I'm loving my Tassimo. Haven't had a bad cup of coffee since I bought it. My ceremony now includes an after dinner espresso or latte in front of the fireplace with some Diana Krall in the background. (one day, I'll figure out how to turn on the fireplace's gas supply again...lol)
I know. Ya used to be able to get a decent cup of coffee just about anywhere. Some places better than others, but rarely truly bad.

I think the problem lies with (commercial size) pre-measured coffee packets. I've been told by a number of restaurants that none of it is measured in the kitchen. It all comes pre-packaged. But still, I would think more people would be complaining.

+++++++++++

We have a Keurig at the office, along with a Bunn. The Keurigs do make good coffee. But, for work, I'd just as soon have Folgers from the Bunn. But my standards are higher for home coffee than for work coffee.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #56
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

now i know i am going to make a lot of you ‘faint’ cos my coffee ceremony for one is …take coffee mug of choice (bright yellow for cold cloudy days), spoon in one tea spoon of instant folgers. one table spoon of mocha something powdered cream. take a cup of REAL spring H2o and nuke it for 2 minutes on high. then add to mug. stir in one packet of “sweet n low”. ahhh, now sip, stirring as needed for nerves, while breathing in the aroma and warming hangs wrapped around mug. never let it get cold or cool. unless its summer!

Last edited by APACHEFIRE; 10-29-2011 at 11:53 AM..
Old 10-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #57
Lion of Judah

To each his/her own, but instant coffee, ya just can't get much more blech! (shudders)
Old 10-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #58
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
To each his/her own, but instant coffee, ya just can't get much more blech! (shudders)
** LAUGHIN** i knew it!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #59
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 122,327.61
What is instant folger?

What's a folger????
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #60
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

The Folger Coffee Company was founded in San Francisco, California, as the Pioneer Steam Coffee and Spice Mills in 1850, and acquired and renamed by James A. Folger in 1872.[1] James came to San Francisco from Nantucket Island at the age of 15 with his two older brothers during the California Gold Rush. Under the mid-20th century leadership of his great-grandson, Peter Folger (the father of Charles Manson murder victim Abigail Folger), it became one of the largest coffee concerns in North America, which has traditionally been the largest market for coffee in the world. Procter & Gamble (P&G) acquired the company in 1963 and dropped the apostrophe from the product's name.[2] P&G announced in January 2008 that Folgers would be spun off into a separate company, based in Cincinnati.[3] In June 2008, P&G reversed the prior announcement and announced that Folgers would be acquired by The J.M. Smucker Co. based in Orrville, Ohio, by the end of 2008 utilizing a rare financial technique called a Reverse Morris Trust.[4][5] The Folgers Coffee Company became a subsidiary of The J.M. Smucker Company in November 2008.
Sponsored Links