Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Denied a valedictorian Denied a valedictorian

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2005, 09:02 PM   #41
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJTurtle
Thanks for the insult, but I have some friends who went through this. Like a DRUNK THEY have to see it as a problem before THEY can seek TREATMENT, if you baby or give into that problem won't go away. Yes it does destroy the body. Starts out innocent and becomes a sickness. mostly by looks Im sorry but it does. I like to see the problem to be dealt with guess that makes me a uneducated person.
FUNNY, I don't remember directing my comment at anyone besides 2cuteute, that you took offence is really on you. I see what you are saying here. That it is a sickness that NEEDS treatment, but not all of them come to terms with it being a "problem" first. As a matter of fact, it is usually in "treatment" that they relize it is a problem. Like the "drunk" in rehab that keeps telling everyone that he can quit anytime. That is why people die from it, because they don't think they have a "problem."

But I've been told it's the other way around!
~pathwalker~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2005, 09:22 PM   #42
PowWows.com Addicts

~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJTurtle
I'm not here to judge anyone. I would rather see the problem as noted as the type of problem it is. Its a brought on sickness (self pain) for what ever reason. I don't like seeing people go through it. It just makes me sad that some times these kind of treatments are hard lessons, but only way some people cure. So some times when you think your doing good you could be hurting someone.
Both Anorexia and Bulimia...
There are many similarities in both illnesses, the most common being the cause. There seems to be a common occurence of sexual and/or physical and emotional abuse in direct relation to eating disorders (though not all people living with Eating Disorders are survivors of abuse). There also seems to be a direct connection in some people to clinical Depression. The eating disorder sometimes causes the depression or the depression can lead to the eating disorder. All in all, eating disorders are very complex emotional issues -- Though they may seem to be nothing more than a dangerously obsessive weight concern on the surface, for most men and women suffering with an eating disorder there are deeper emotional conflicts to be resolved.

Found on the national website.

But I've been told it's the other way around!
~pathwalker~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2005, 09:42 PM   #43
~~~ Jedi Color Guard ~~~

SingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond repute
SingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 105.03
Savings: 1.00
Let me ask you folks this....

IS Depression an illness?

Medical science says it is! Therefore any condition brought on by Depression IS also an illness. Medical science does classify anorexia and bulemia as illnesses. A personal opinion as to whether or not it is or is not an illness does not count. It is medical science ~ I see it in all the sources I have on the subject.

"We could learn a lot from a box of crayons:
some sharp, some pretty, some dull,
some have weird names, & all different colors,
but they have to learn to live in the same box." ~ Anon
SingingDeer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links