Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree37Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Dream interpretation? Dream interpretation?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2016, 02:37 AM   #1
Seeker

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Tabbicatt Duskwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 396.08
Savings: 0.00
Discusions

*Original post was removed*

I realize how I had acted like a doofus, when I started this thread. I know now how zealous I was, and that what I did proved how much I do not know. Thank you all who posted comments, for teaching me. I will remember the lesson. :)
OLChemist likes this.

Last edited by Tabbicatt Duskwalker; 10-01-2016 at 05:11 AM..
Tabbicatt Duskwalker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2016, 11:15 AM   #2
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,965.56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbicatt Duskwalker View Post
I had a dream back around July 21st.
I was in the Sonoran desert, fit of body, but tired in my soul.
A phrase kept repeating in my mind..(forgive the phonetic spelling)
"a (k)gilla ha-ka (k)gilla"
The tired feeling in my soul was beginning to weigh down my body.
I began to lay down on the stone, when a form of a woman with long
straight hair appeared in a cloud. I got the feeling to follow her
and began to walk. The figure led me to a hogan. Above the door of
the hogan four green branches had been placed. In the middle of the
room was a slab of gray stone and small pots with colored sand. I
drew a picture in the sand. (picture to follow when I find my
colored pencils) There was also a cot like bed on the ground.
After I finished the picture, I became very tired and laid down on
the cot and went to sleep, but not completely. I just let my body
and soul feel it's weight, and drifted off...
As I did, a mellow drum beat and the phrase
"a (k)gilla ha-ka (k)gilla"
began again...
My mind wondered, and visions of dancers, and drummers came to me.
A female dancer and four drummers around one drum...

I'm curious to what it might mean. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
oh man.......

seriously.....you need to tell all your loved ones how much they mean to you and start making preparations to say goodbye to them

maybe you shouldnt have made this public.....but i told this story to 2 different holymen and a dreamwalker

they actually got kinda scared

im sorry friend

pray and forgive.....then paint your face and prepare for the inevitable

sincerely....MHS
windanncer likes this.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:18 AM   #3
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
i wish i had better news for you friend.......feel free to message me and i can help you out a bit more in private

are you prepared to walk as one with the spirit of two?

you need to start making your peace NOW
windanncer likes this.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:36 PM   #4
HUUUUUUUUUH!

Iowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Iowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,359.51
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post
i wish i had better news for you friend.......feel free to message me and i can help you out a bit more in private

are you prepared to walk as one with the spirit of two?

you need to start making your peace NOW
No no no, MHS, your assuming that when she got up and followed the woman she turned to her left, but what if she turned to her right, THEN we can interpret the dream differently. And what about the small pots of colored sand, it matters in what order they were in to truly interpret the dream! AND what kind of drum beat was it, fast, slow? all this matters, that's why I charge more for my dream interpretations because I pay attention to these little details that really truly get at the underlying nature of peoples dreams.

Tabbicatt Duskwalker needs probably $3000-5000 worth of spiritual guidance, I'm thinking sweat, vision, and some more dream work, I'm thinking she needs my "Desert Flower" package, its one of my more popular offerings, and it does include 3 continental breakfasts (airfare not included).
windanncer likes this.
Iowa_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2016, 02:48 PM   #5
Dances With Fat Chicks

but what if she DID turn to the left......that money you would charge her would be better suited for her funeral expenses
windanncer likes this.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:53 PM   #6
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 91,193.05
Savings: 1.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Did you just say "a (k)gilla ha-ka (k)gilla"?

Was it during the evening or the morning of the 21st?

AND her hair was so vertical and parallel?
windanncer likes this.
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2016, 03:55 PM   #7
Dances With Fat Chicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTekno View Post
Did you just say "a (k)gilla ha-ka (k)gilla"?

Was it during the evening or the morning of the 21st?

AND her hair was so vertical and parallel?
yes on july 21st

my vision says tibbicat doesnt have much time left

please everyone, let us burn sage and cedar

and offer up tobacco so we can make sure tabbicat makes her journey in a good way

drummers, please remember her in your songs.....

we are sorry tabbicat and we are a small community but a caring community

let us know if you need anything
windanncer likes this.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:04 PM   #8
Dances With Fat Chicks

the dancers and chanters were the ancestors welcoming you...and telling you it is ok to just let life go

and the 4 green branches mean do not despair because live will be renewed as it always has ever been....someone close to you will announce their pregnancy when you expire

do not be sad, leave this world with dignity

at least you got a warning and a welcome

may we meet again in the spirit world
windanncer likes this.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:34 PM   #9
Standing Rock

xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post
yes on july 21st

my vision says tibbicat doesnt have much time left

please everyone, let us burn sage and cedar

and offer up tobacco so we can make sure tabbicat makes her journey in a good way

drummers, please remember her in your songs.....

we are sorry tabbicat and we are a small community but a caring community

let us know if you need anything
Let's be completely sure that there were four drummers ... and not four pounders!

What makes me interested in this dream is that I live in the Sonoran Desert and I know where such a Hogan is located in the desert.
windanncer likes this.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:48 PM   #10
Standing Rock

"a (k)gilla ha-ka (k)gilla" has to do with some complaint you have about your life.

Hopefully, you "painted" that complaint in your sand painting.
windanncer likes this.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:07 PM   #11
Champion Dancer

Items User Name Style ChangeUser Title Style ChangeUser Title Change49 Access
Itzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond repute
Itzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond reputeItzhecatl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 24,056.50
Old 09-28-2016, 06:14 PM   #12
Seeker

Thank you Itzhecatl. I'm not used to dealing with koshari.

Last edited by Tabbicatt Duskwalker; 09-30-2016 at 12:33 AM..
Old 09-28-2016, 06:19 PM   #13
Seeker

snapshot_003.jpg

Last edited by Tabbicatt Duskwalker; 09-29-2016 at 07:51 PM..
Old 09-28-2016, 10:52 PM   #14
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 61,200.75
(Regulars please pardon the cut and paste job.)

We are many people, with many cultures. There is not one unifying religious practice or philosophical framework. So undoubtedly, there are exceptions to what I am about to say.

For most Native people, traditional religion is protected by a veil of respect and privacy. You don't trifle with the sacred or even speak too casually about these things. Among my people there is a time, a place and a procedure to discussing dreams. This process does not involve logging in or posting or paying someone to tell us what it means. This is not undertaken lightly, for you are part of a family and community which can be endangered by your rashness.

Further this is not the safest thing for your personally. Consider that by sharing this you are opening yourself of all manner of influences. Would you seek psychological counseling from an anonymous online shrink on a website you've never been to before? If not, why then would you seek religious advice in the same way? There are people who prey upon those seeking spiritual guidance.

In many of our cultures, a person who goes about spilling their dreams and asking intrusive questions is considered, at best, immature, at worst, rude. How would you feel if a random person came up to you and said: "I had a dream about being an unwed, pregnant Jewish woman; does this mean I'm the Mother of Jesus?" I'm not saying your request is like that, but to date I've had four white women introduce themselves to me as the reincarnation of White Buffalo Calf Woman. And most every other Native person I know has had similar encounters. It trivializes our religion and culture.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2016, 11:42 PM   #15
Seeker

I totally understand what you are saying. If I had someone I knew, whom I could ask, and talk to face-to-face... I would. However, I do not have such an option currently. So, reaching out to a community like this, is the only recourse I have.

I am definitely not looking for 'corny' things like, "finding out who I was in a past life".. I'm just trying to get a more informed opinion.

I am humble and respectful, and not afraid to admit, that I'm 'stumbling on the path' and that I really have very little idea of what I'm doing. But I'm willing to learn.

So, any help is greatly appreciated. If you know anyone near Glendale, Arizona whom I could consult with. I'd be happy to try to set up a meet.

I do apologize if this thread has come across as 'rude' or 'immature', that was never my intent. If it seems offensive in anyway... Ask, and I'll take it down(if I knew how), and try to go back to figuring out things on my own..

The student is ready, and has long waited for a teacher/guide....

Last edited by Tabbicatt Duskwalker; 09-30-2016 at 12:23 AM..
Old 09-29-2016, 10:51 AM   #16
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
You want to learn, good. I want to engage in a dialogue. Perhaps you can help me understand something. May I ask you something?

I am assuming you're non-Native. Why do you think we would know what your dream means?

Religious symbolism -- any symbolism, really -- is culturally based. There is a language, as it were, based in both cultural metaphors and the Creator's original instructions. Why would whatever powers you think are speaking to you speak a foreign language?

I've never understood why non-Indian people think some ancestral Native spirit would come to them. Except maybe to give you one hell of a nightmare about losing every freakin' person you know in a virgin field epidemic! I think about what my ancestors' messages might be: "Get back on the boats." "Why did you defecate next to the river and give us Cholera?" "You really meant it when you sang 'This land is your land this land is my land', didn't'cha." "Prepare to meet your Maker wasicu!"

I didn't say this to be the big green racist meanie I will probably soon or later be called. If you consider the history and the cultural gap, this whole Indian spirits give white people visions with pseudo-Native imagery phenomena doesn't pass the smell test.

Last edited by OLChemist; 09-29-2016 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 09-29-2016, 07:25 PM   #17
Seeker

I'm a mutt. My mom was adopted, my dad says we have 1/4 Native blood. Whether or not he's right? I have no idea. Does it really matter? If I took one of those DNA tests, and found proof of more Native bloodlines.. Would it make a difference? Probably not, since I wasn't born to an established tribe, and such tests usually don't point to one tribe or another. You could take one look at my cheekbones, and dark brown hair, and I'd always be an outsider..

I'm just a Lost One trying to make sense of some things.
Trying to be, and figure out, who I'm to be.
I usually manage to 'piece' somethings together. But I can't do it on my own. Mostly because it's hard to differentiate between what's credible, and what's hooey for the tourists.

Maybe I was foolish to think 'tribals' would help me to understand that part of myself.. Since I have no tribe to speak of, or to. To help make sense of what I already know. I knew it was a long shot, but I thought I'd try anyway... Try to reach out..

If you want to take down the thread and end this nonsense. Then please do so, I won't be offended. Though I'd be grateful for a continued correspondence via Private Message.

I apologize for the rant. I also apologize for sounding like an uneducated or crazy child.

Last edited by Tabbicatt Duskwalker; 09-30-2016 at 12:28 AM..
Old 09-29-2016, 11:13 PM   #18
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Tabbicatt, many un-enculturated mixed-bloods come here with their genealogies, or their DNA tests,or their tales of families hiding in the hills and pretending that they're white. Whatever their story -- true or not -- they usually have fairly romanticized and distorted views of Native peoples and cultures. Then rather than taking the time to observe and become acquainted with community norms, they try to jump in the deep end right away. Often they end up trespassing into culturally restricted areas and violating our boundaries.

Being the keen observer of the dominant culture that a lifetime of being a mixed-blood and knowing it from birth has made me, I know it is not considered normal to start a discussion with strangers about private matters in your culture -- except in 12 step meetings. Maybe on TV and in New Age bookshops Indians wander around talking about their visions, but in real Native communities these things are generally matters of respect and privacy.

When we respond in what is to us cultural appropriate way, like teasing (I trust you noticed you were being sent up) or stern correction, they assume it is because we're prejudiced against mixed bloods. What they don't seem to be able to realize it their behavior is really off-putting, like the new guy at work who assumes you're his best friend and want to hear all about his relationship woes Instead they get defensive and argue with our response. Then rather than learn, they take their toys and go home.

If you want to reconnect, first you need to learn what tribe you're from. Then you need to cultivate humility and a sense of humor. You'll need both. Learning in our communities is done with the eyes and ears, not the mouth. The trick is knowing which to open when :) And be prepared to decolonize your conception of Native peoples.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:02 AM   #19
Seeker

Ya, I noticed the jokers. Though, I'm not very fluent in sarcasm.
Hence a bit of the rant. I apologize for the immaturity of it.
As I mentioned before. I'm not afraid to admit, that I have no idea what I'm doing, poking around in the dim for a guide.

Thank you for your patience and wise words.

Last edited by Tabbicatt Duskwalker; 09-30-2016 at 12:32 AM..
Old 09-30-2016, 12:28 AM   #20
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 60,750.48
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
You want to learn, good. I want to engage in a dialogue. Perhaps you can help me understand something. May I ask you something?

I am assuming you're non-Native. Why do you think we would know what your dream means?

Religious symbolism -- any symbolism, really -- is culturally based. There is a language, as it were, based in both cultural metaphors and the Creator's original instructions. Why would whatever powers you think are speaking to you speak a foreign language?

I've never understood why non-Indian people think some ancestral Native spirit would come to them. Except maybe to give you one hell of a nightmare about losing every freakin' person you know in a virgin field epidemic! I think about what my ancestors' messages might be: "Get back on the boats." "Why did you defecate next to the river and give us Cholera?" "You really meant it when you sang 'This land is your land this land is my land', didn't'cha." "Prepare to meet your Maker wasicu!"

I didn't say this to be the big green racist meanie I will probably soon or later be called. If you consider the history and the cultural gap, this whole Indian spirits give white people visions with pseudo-Native imagery phenomena doesn't pass the smell test.
BUH ! You big green racist meanie ! Now your prophecy has come true ! I was being so good....waitin' ! LOL ! MHS was this close ! Dang & Iowaboy too !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links