Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Eagle Feather Being Sold on Ebay Eagle Feather Being Sold on Ebay

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2004, 04:23 PM   #1
Riverwoman

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Eagle Feather Being Sold on Ebay

Lets get this OFF of Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...917011251&rd=1
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2004, 04:31 PM   #2
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
HOW do you get stuff like that off of ebay???
BurBz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2004, 04:46 PM   #3
bl@ckfoothoney

why do ppl get so pissy an moany when they see somthing like this on ebay its jus the same as selling feathers or plumes at powwows i see ppl selling them theres nothing wrongwith it
Old 06-14-2004, 06:22 PM   #4
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
This is wrong; but I believe it is legal, there was another thread a couple months ago that discussed this man that sells his eagle's feathers. The bird is not from this country, so it is not protected by fish and wildlife. My response to that thread; "the man is whoring out his bird." Personally I would never buy an eagle feather, never.
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2004, 06:40 PM   #5
Fat Singer

billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 0.00
the seller is in japan. the only persn who you can get in trouble is the buyer if they are from USA.

I hear feathers can be bought for cheap nowadays at powwows if you find the right person.

I dont want them, cant wear them. Why take the risk?

My older friends tell me eagle feathers, when they were legal, sold for like $10 a wing. $50 for a whole bird.
billyjoejimbob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2004, 07:45 PM   #6
Riverwoman

Or if It gets shipped to the US, then they bette watch out and hope that customs DOESN'T open it :tongue11: I emailed Ebay and reported it, just hope that something will be done, I hate to see it on there:(
Old 06-14-2004, 07:48 PM   #7
Riverwoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ckfoothoney
why do ppl get so pissy an moany when they see somthing like this on ebay its jus the same as selling feathers or plumes at powwows i see ppl selling them theres nothing wrongwith it

Because it is WRONG to sell them! Plain and simple, it should not be done. I feel sorry for the person doing it, as I have been told that bad things come to people who treat feathers like that :NoNo
Old 06-14-2004, 07:57 PM   #8
bl@ckfoothoney

oh really how wrong i see ppl doing it all the time so jus tell me HOW wrong it is
Old 06-14-2004, 09:46 PM   #9
meeeeeeeeeeee

Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Japan agreed to participate in this act, therefore...

the Seller could be in deep doodoo, too. Several eagle species are covered.

Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918
Following close on the heels of the Lacey Act and the Weeks-McLean Law, the framers of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act were determined to put an end to the commercial trade in birds and their feathers that, by the early years of the 20th century, had wreaked havoc on the populations of many native bird species.

The Migratory Bird Treaty Act decreed that all migratory birds and their parts (including eggs, nests, and feathers) were fully protected.

The Migratory Bird Treaty Act is the domestic law that affirms, or implements, the United States' commitment to four international conventions (with Canada, Japan, Mexico, and Russia) for the protection of a shared migratory bird resource. Each of the conventions protect selected species of birds that are common to both countries (i.e., they occur in both countries at some point during their annual life cycle). A List of Migratory Birds protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act is available.

For those desiring additional information on the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, a detailed synopsis is available. That section of the United States Code pertaining to the Migratory Bird Treaty Act can also be accessed.

The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

The Creator sure had a strange sense of humor!

Plenty Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2004, 10:11 PM   #10
HIGH ROLLER

Heat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond repute
I'm gonna have to wait until they drop the starting bid before I bid on that one. ;)
Heat Miser J is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2004, 11:38 PM   #11
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Ever sick!

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-15-2004, 07:35 AM   #12
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 249.00
Are you the self appointed e bay nazi? :D *lol*

Did you read what type of eagle feather it was?? Siberian Steppe Eagle Feathers are legal to own here. You can buy em direct from the owner of the bird as long as they give the docuementation that the bird was not harmed in gathering the feather. It even tells you in the write up that you cannot sell them to another person but can give or trade. ;)
Old 06-15-2004, 12:40 PM   #13
Riverwoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mato Winyan
Did you read what type of eagle feather it was?? Siberian Steppe Eagle Feathers are legal to own here. You can buy em direct from the owner of the bird as long as they give the docuementation that the bird was not harmed in gathering the feather. It even tells you in the write up that you cannot sell them to another person but can give or trade. ;)
Yeah I am mato! ahaha j/k in reference to the "ebay Nazi Title"
Old 06-15-2004, 03:16 PM   #14
PowWows.com Addicts

~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*Oji_Flava*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwoman
Because it is WRONG to sell them! Plain and simple, it should not be done. I feel sorry for the person doing it, as I have been told that bad things come to people who treat feathers like that :NoNo
Unless someone comes across their own bird, etc...
Most people buy their feathers from others. It happens all the time!
Of course, some people will trade or the feathers are given to them.
You are often too quick @ pointing the finger at others. You're just as guilty if you're going online searching for "Eagle feathers" on Ebay. I would assume you'd have better things to do, No?
~*Oji_Flava*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-15-2004, 03:34 PM   #15
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,637.22
Here's some info on the bird:

http://birdforum.net/bird_view.php?bid=8113
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-15-2004, 03:37 PM   #16
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,637.22
Here's some more info for everyone:

http://www.cites.ec.gc.ca/eng/sct4/note14_e.cfm
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-15-2004, 06:27 PM   #17
Riverwoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oji_Flava
Unless someone comes across their own bird, etc...
Most people buy their feathers from others. It happens all the time!
Of course, some people will trade or the feathers are given to them.
You are often too quick @ pointing the finger at others. You're just as guilty if you're going online searching for "Eagle feathers" on Ebay. I would assume you'd have better things to do, No?
:33: I am ey? what about you pointing the finger at me? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! What I do with my time, and where I do it is my business, and am I no way just as guilty for looking on Ebay... did I say I was buying that? Noooooooooooooooooooo! It came up in a search, so get over it!

Last edited by Riverwoman; 06-15-2004 at 06:31 PM..
Old 06-15-2004, 06:38 PM   #18
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
dang riverwoman...chill out! :D

People are just stating opinions yeah it is your business so keep it that way..rather than "airing" your business online all the time :o

:violin:
Old 06-15-2004, 06:40 PM   #19
Riverwoman

Chill out my a**! If you want to bring something to my attention, bring it to me! Oh yeah, and leave a place where I can contact you,
Old 06-15-2004, 06:42 PM   #20
Dineth Hearth Throth

CHHHIIIILLLLLl!!!!!!

LOL :man:
Sponsored Links