Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By OLChemist
  • 1 Post By yaahl
  • 1 Post By OLChemist
  • 1 Post By renia58
  • 3 Post By Grits & Beans

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Escaping Brain Freeze & The City Escaping Brain Freeze & The City

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Siobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond repute
Siobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,872.33
Savings: 0.00
Escaping Brain Freeze & The City

Well today is my day of work, So I am escaping my researching and Internet problems and the City. Like I always say "you can take the girl away from the countryside, but you cannot take the countryside out of the girl" and thats me. I miss my home of Southern Ireland, where the grass is greener than the darkest emerald, and she spreads her beauty like a lush soft blanket of emeralds for miles upon miles, the fresh clean air and the whispers of her voice travel through the winds. So I at least have to escape the city once or twice a month and travel for about an hour to the beautiful countryside to try to fill the need and the whole that is missing within my soul. So as I cannot go back to Ireland at this time, I am heading to a Fruit Picking Farm with my friend Carol lol. I love to get down and dirty in the rich farm soil. I love to feel the rich soil below my feet and feel and smell its richness between my fingertips and on my hands. Yes, my friend will moan about me taking my shoes off and will keep saying..what if you cut your feet, step on something blah blah blah she always does, as even though she is my friend she just does not understand me really deep down and my reasons for this. In fact most of my friends etc just do not understand me when she tells them about me. Anyway, as I said off to the farm , see and spend sometime with the animals too, cows, sheep, esp the horses,and get down and dirty and fresh air and what I call freedom aswell as even though its only the countryside and a farm It makes me feel free from being trapped in the city and the pollution, fumes, concrete houses and concrete everywhere you look. If that makes sense. I will no doubt post here about my day and no doubt you will be thinking , "Not Another Post by jeanniebee hahahahahaha" Bye x
Siobhanni is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 71,468.57
Have fun. A nice tea in the countryside sounds lovely. Wish I could come. I'd run away from work for a picnic. But with temperatures topping 104F, I'd be able to fry my lunch on the pavement. Besides, I put ice cubes in my tea. (This may be the heresy for which my Scots/Welsh ancestors got run out of the country, LOL.)

BTW, in American English a brain freeze is the headache you get from drinking a very cold drink or eating ice cream too fast.
Siobhanni likes this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Have fun. A nice tea in the countryside sounds lovely. Wish I could come. I'd run away from work for a picnic. But with temperatures topping 104F, I'd be able to fry my lunch on the pavement. Besides, I put ice cubes in my tea. (This may be the heresy for which my Scots/Welsh ancestors got run out of the country, LOL.)

BTW, in American English a brain freeze is the headache you get from drinking a very cold drink or eating ice cream too fast.
Same in Canuckistan. The brain-freeze not the weather... right now we have a big old thunder head rolling through here...it's going to get loud very quickly.
Siobhanni likes this.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 71,468.57
Jealous again :) We're desperate for rain down here. Could you please pack up a few clouds and Fed Ex them this a way?

It's bad when the weather people telling you to hope FOR a slow moving tropical storm or two. Which is basically saying: "Let'em swim down there on the Gulf coast. We need rain!"
Siobhanni likes this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Champion Dancer

Items DollGuitar
renia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond repute
renia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond reputerenia58 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 26,122.98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniebee View Post
Well today is my day of work, So I am escaping my researching and Internet problems and the City. Like I always say "you can take the girl away from the countryside, but you cannot take the countryside out of the girl" and thats me. I miss my home of Southern Ireland, where the grass is greener than the darkest emerald, and she spreads her beauty like a lush soft blanket of emeralds for miles upon miles, the fresh clean air and the whispers of her voice travel through the winds. So I at least have to escape the city once or twice a month and travel for about an hour to the beautiful countryside to try to fill the need and the whole that is missing within my soul. So as I cannot go back to Ireland at this time, I am heading to a Fruit Picking Farm with my friend Carol lol. I love to get down and dirty in the rich farm soil. I love to feel the rich soil below my feet and feel and smell its richness between my fingertips and on my hands. Yes, my friend will moan about me taking my shoes off and will keep saying..what if you cut your feet, step on something blah blah blah she always does, as even though she is my friend she just does not understand me really deep down and my reasons for this. In fact most of my friends etc just do not understand me when she tells them about me. Anyway, as I said off to the farm , see and spend sometime with the animals too, cows, sheep, esp the horses,and get down and dirty and fresh air and what I call freedom aswell as even though its only the countryside and a farm It makes me feel free from being trapped in the city and the pollution, fumes, concrete houses and concrete everywhere you look. If that makes sense. I will no doubt post here about my day and no doubt you will be thinking , "Not Another Post by jeanniebee hahahahahaha" Bye x

Beautiful writing, for a moment I was there, the imagination

Have fun
Siobhanni likes this.
renia58 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
Siobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond repute
Siobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond repute
@OLChemist, Thank you. And I would of loved to have enjoyed and had the pleasure your company today at the farm, and shared the food I packed with me being Ice Tea/Popp and cheese and bread and also the fresh fruit we picked today and just relaxed. Omg wow! 104! It was 72 here today and thats hot for English weather lol. We call brain freeze here, when your brain is on melt down with too much going on inside, I prefer your version instead lol. I hope you manage to stay cool.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
@yaahl I bet they are magnificent to watch and see, as we never get any really big ones here. Just a few flashes and a few bangs and thats it, its already finished before its begun. I say even though yes, there can be considerable damage done during a big thunderstorm, but you also have to see and respect the storm, as well as see the beauty of it. Mother Nature can be very cruel but very beautiful at the same time, as my Great Grandfathee and Fathee use to tell me as a small child. Which I still see and respect to this day.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #8
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
@renia58 Thank you. And I would of loved to have enjoyed the pleasure of your company today too. We could of also shared the food, and the fresh fruit we picked and relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful day. I think we need to have a Virtual Picnic on here lol. We could say what the weathers like, the place the food, music we bring etc etc, rofl.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #9
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
@renia58 we could called it "Who Is Up For A Picnic" rofl.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #10
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,327.08
Savings: 1.00
don't know if you are aware that we do have a blog section for stuff like this...jus sayin......
Toolbox, yaahl and Siobhanni like this.
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #11
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
@Grits & Beans. Thanks for letting me know, but I am confused. I thought Chit Chat was for "Off Topic" posts? So I took that to mean you can post things like this on there and all different kinds of things? But now you have told me about "blog section" and thats really where I should be posting. I cannot seem to find it lol. Thanks again for letting me know.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #12
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
@Grits & Beans. Thanks for letting me know, but I am confused. I thought Chit Chat was for "Off Topic" posts? So I took that to mean you can post things like this on there and all different kinds of things? But now you have told me about "blog section" and thats really where I should be posting. I cannot seem to find it lol. Thanks again for letting me know.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #13
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
Duplicate post.

Last edited by Siobhanni; 09-04-2013 at 08:52 PM..
Sponsored Links