Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Finding Your Stuff Before Christmas Finding Your Stuff Before Christmas

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2003, 08:17 AM   #1
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
PA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant future
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Finding Your Stuff Before Christmas

What would you parents do?

Our ten year old son, he will be 11 in a couple of days, just found everything that Santa was suppose to bring him this Christmas. He did so by snooping through our closet and finding everything. We are thinking about taking back everything. Although we know he has to have something to open Christmas morning while his little sister is playing with all her nice things. We told him those were the things we were giving to him, and now that he did what he did, Santa may even have second thoughts about what he brings him, if anything, for Christmas.

Needless to say, he’s moping around this morning before school feeling all sorry and pitiful for himself. I also found out this morning from him that he told his little buddy at school everything that he was getting. I ask him what was he going to do now that he may not be getting any of this stuff. And it was some nice stuff too. I think he realizes now that he pretty much spoiled his Christmas surprise.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how they would handle this situation?
PA-Saponi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2003, 08:45 AM   #2
Taskahoi Atsuti

LSS has a reputation beyond repute
LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 278.94
Savings: 1.00
Welp...its like this my man....thats the nature of the beast!:)

What would I do? I don't think I would take everything back if I did take anything back at all. Yeah...I would take some things back!:devil But, I would use this opportunity to explain things to him. Have a sit down talk with him. You know...feel free to let him know you are disappointed with the turn of events, but make sure he understands the importance behind why we do some things. I'll explain a little more in a pm.

LOL

I remember thats the way we (my siblings and I - and I think you know how devilish Ralph can be) were. But now, times are different and I have a different perspective life.

Although I'm not a parent at the present moment (and no my wife is not expecting :Chatter ) I do have the pleasure of serving as a father figure to my nieces.
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!
LSS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2003, 08:54 AM   #3
NDNBUNZ

Jibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond reputeJibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond reputeJibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond repute
Jibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond reputeJibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond reputeJibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond reputeJibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond reputeJibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond reputeJibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond reputeJibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond reputeJibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond reputeJibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond reputeJibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond reputeJibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond reputeJibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond reputeJibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond reputeJibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond reputeJibbyâ„¢ has a reputation beyond repute
What you do is take all his stuff back and all his sister's stuff. Then he'll really be sorry cuz you know she won't let him live that down.

No seriously, you were going to give him that stuff anyways. I don't see why it HAS to be on Xmas morning. As a matter of fact, give it to him right now. Then while his sis is opening all her gifts, he'll really feel the repurcussions of what he did.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:21 AM   #4
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
That is a good idea, Jib. Don't take it back under any circumstances. Too much hassle -

Whether you give it to him now or Christmas - let him know that there are consequences to his actions. And let him know how close he came to not having a Christmas at all.

I snooped once before....and found mom's Christmas list, along with all the presents. Well, she had me getting a popcorn popper, and I saw it in the closet!!! I was so excited~~~

Well - on Christmas morn, to my surprise, my brother unwrapped his gifts....and there was my popcorn popper. Without realizing - I shouted - that's mine!!!!!! Mom was not happy and I always felt bad....

(now being a parent, I figured that mom had to shuffle the gifts for fairness.)

Lesson learned.....

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2003, 09:27 AM   #5
Tiny Tot Dancer

FAT AL is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you just need to find a better hiding place.
FAT AL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2003, 10:57 AM   #6
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
Savings: 1.00
Holay dang... PA-SAPONI.... i hear ya bout the snooping.. my son started to snoop a few weeks back and I had to hide his gifts in another place...

Dang..and my son is only 4 years old lol... but he stopped his snooping now...

Do what you think is right as a parent.. but I think you should not take the gifts back, maybe jsut a few but not all of them.... or rather you could EXCHANGE it for something else... ;) its a hard call cuz you are the parent and you know what is right and what is wrong.. we all have our own ways of dealing with situations like this... but like Jibby suggested too, have him open it on a different day other than christmas.
BurBz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2003, 01:14 PM   #7
hello

Items Present
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,091.95
my sis hides the gifts at grandmas house. :)
Old 12-18-2003, 01:36 PM   #8
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,339.79
I "hid" my gifts in my vehicle, rode around with them for a long time cuz I didn't trust bringing them into my home. :Chatter Good luck and next year I'm sure you will find a better hiding spot! :Chatter
Kakeeya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links