Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Leach
  • 4 Post By Joe's Dad
  • 1 Post By AmigoKumeyaay

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Found my tribe and clan!!! Found my tribe and clan!!!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2017, 11:33 PM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Leach is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 823.52
Savings: 0.00
Found my tribe and clan!!!

I am Cherokee. (Aniwaya/Wolf Clan)

Finally found my Native ancestors through traditional research!

As some of you say a lot, Cherokee seem to be a very well documented people!

Also, I know this isn't as important (or reliable) but my DNA test came back as 10% Native American!
ChildrenFromTheSun likes this.

Last edited by Leach; 12-22-2017 at 11:36 PM..
Leach is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-24-2017, 02:33 PM   #2
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 103,612.13
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leach View Post

Also, I know this isn't as important (or reliable) but my DNA test came back as 10% Native American!
Don't you just hate it when your tribe and clan get lost?!?!?!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-24-2017, 11:55 PM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

okay dokay is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 303.17
I have found some of them on rolls on my dads side but moms side not so lucky and its strange cause my mom was has more blood than dad But its all to far back to claim guess Im just awantabe My dads grandma was over half I belive maybe more her dad was part dont know what tribe dads dad Kin to Doublehead and Donaho his mim my granny is kin to James Hicks Lucinda Hicks His dad im still tracing because I cant find birth records they are buryed in slickford Wayne co Ky Dishman Cem.Nathan wolf Hicks And Alice Shorey we think were his mom and dad. They were definetly native dad said He remembers his grandma talk about Nathaniel they never got enrolled.with the tribe as far as I know. because they died before the final rolls and now what can you do. Moms dad pa Roe was cherokee his dad was and his mom But they didnt talk about it around these parts in thier day Native people got treated bad around here still do cause nobodys got support or backing and they all told me that it was a long time ago son and being Indian cant put money on the table but im still proud of where I came from. There were pictures of my great granpa there were feathers behind the glass they were not wantabe they didnt want anybody to know they were Indian cause they couldnt get jobs and back then thats the way it was it still is here.
okay dokay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-25-2017, 12:02 AM   #4
Pow Wow Visitor

okay dokay is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 303.17
Quote:
Originally Posted by okay dokay View Post
I have found some of them on rolls on my dads side but moms side not so lucky and its strange cause my mom was has more blood than dad But its all to far back to claim guess Im just awantabe My dads grandma was over half I belive maybe more her dad was part dont know what tribe dads dad Kin to Doublehead and Donaho his mim my granny is kin to James Hicks Lucinda Hicks His dad im still tracing because I cant find birth records they are buryed in slickford Wayne co Ky Dishman Cem.Nathan wolf Hicks And Alice Shorey we think were his mom and dad. They were definetly native dad said He remembers his grandma talk about Nathaniel they never got enrolled.with the tribe as far as I know. because they died before the final rolls and now what can you do. Moms dad pa Roe was cherokee his dad was and his mom But they didnt talk about it around these parts in thier day Native people got treated bad around here still do cause nobodys got support or backing and they all told me that it was a long time ago son and being Indian cant put money on the table but im still proud of where I came from. There were pictures of my great granpa there were feathers behind the glass they were not wantabe they didnt want anybody to know they were Indian cause they couldnt get jobs and back then thats the way it was it still is here.
Sorry about that Im glad you found your link. Godbless you.
okay dokay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-29-2017, 08:15 AM   #5
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 89,783.17
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leach View Post

So, you lost 90% of your DNA too?
gilisi likes this.
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-31-2017, 05:00 AM   #6
Pow Wow Visitor

ChildrenFromTheSun is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 265.20
Thumbs up

At least you're not one of those folks who claim Cherokee based on a typical legend about their great-great-great-great-great-...grandparent being some pure blood Cherokee prince/princess

But seriously, congratulations!

I wish this would occur more when it comes to post-columbian Native American cultures, such as Mexicans and most Latin Americans in general.

Last edited by ChildrenFromTheSun; 01-01-2018 at 01:07 AM..
ChildrenFromTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links