Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat french can-can & native american dance similarities? french can-can & native american dance similarities?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
mathewhebailey08

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Lightbulb french can-can & native american dance similarities?

Anyone know of similarities & relations between french style can-can & native american dance styles such as native american variations & adaptations of can-can style dancing?
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-03-2005, 03:12 PM   #2
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Savings: 1.00
they did away with the frilly undies.... well some
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-03-2005, 03:29 PM   #3
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
I don't see any. If a dancer is making movements with their knees going up and down and back and forth, then they are not "native" dancing correctly anyhow.
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-03-2005, 04:16 PM   #4
Granny:)

Items ElephantPresentRainbow
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Credits: 16,430.57
SAY WHAT NOW??..LOL @ FRILLY UNDIES

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

*Brown Eyed Gurl* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2005, 04:36 PM   #5
Banned

quicksilverwade is just really nice
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I'm sorry but I despise all things fRench. From New Orleans and their voodoo culture to the fRog consuming cheese eating surrenduring monkeys. Can-can is a No-no!
quicksilverwade is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2005, 04:44 PM   #6
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

so you call em freedom fries then eh? i guess poutine is outta the question...
Old 09-04-2005, 04:45 PM   #7
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewhebailey08
Anyone know of similarities & relations between french style can-can & native american dance styles such as native american variations & adaptations of can-can style dancing?
what are you smokin?
i seen people on crack that make mo sense...aye jk
Old 09-04-2005, 06:21 PM   #8
mathewhebailey08

no,i'm not smoking anything. I don't mean to be rude or flame anyone,it's just that i don't have the time or in the mood to be insulted or attacked by anyone stupid enough to do so as a result.
My subject was that french can-can dancing is a 19th century form of dance & that probably several female french dancers that peformed that type of dance immigrated to the U.S. & that some probably traveled through tribal territory & that some tribes picked up on that style of dance & varied & adopted it in a toned down form. I realize that you do not mean to insult me or attack me insuch a way even though i wrongfully perceived the replies as an insult or attack. I don't intend to start any trouble,it's just that those who are stupid enough to insult or attack me shoud in the first place leave me alone.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:19 PM   #9
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle of the sky
so you call em freedom fries then eh? i guess poutine is outta the question...
lmfreakinao!!! Mots ur crazy! hahahaha
Old 09-04-2005, 07:28 PM   #10
Hola!

kgirl7 has a reputation beyond repute
kgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,660.82
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
no,i'm not smoking anything. I don't mean to be rude or flame anyone,it's just that i don't have the time or in the mood to be insulted or attacked by anyone stupid enough to do so as a result.
My subject was that french can-can dancing is a 19th century form of dance & that probably several female french dancers that peformed that type of dance immigrated to the U.S. & that some probably traveled through tribal territory & that some tribes picked up on that style of dance & varied & adopted it in a toned down form. I realize that you do not mean to insult me or attack me insuch a way even though i wrongfully perceived the replies as an insult or attack. I don't intend to start any trouble,it's just that those who are stupid enough to insult or attack me shoud in the first place leave me alone.

So you think that the way Indians dance today is a result of some can-can dancers that came to the U.S. in the nineteenth century? Lemme just say, i don't think so. And I'll leave it at that.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:41 PM   #11
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 132,920.10
Quote:
Dude, I'm not say you're smoking anything! Where did you get this type of information. Is it in a book, did you ask a french can-can dancer, what? Never heard an indigenous person say they learned to dance from a french dancer.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2005, 12:18 AM   #12
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
Angry

Quote:
holuh i was just kidding... yet im not dumb enough to think indians were dumb enough not to to think up their own dances
Old 09-05-2005, 01:05 AM   #13
PowWows.com Addicts

drinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond repute
drinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,039.80
Thumbs up

Quote:
holuh i was just kidding... yet im not dumb enough to think indians were dumb enough not to to think up their own dances

i'm not dumb either...lol

Smilies is not my 1st Language
drinkingfromysaucer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2005, 01:48 AM   #14
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 105,761.69
Savings: 52.80
yet another wasted thread...doesn't anyone do their own research? So, Ndns copied French peoples dances...yeah, whatever...I guess not feeding their families and trying to save their lands from being overrun by whites back in the old days wasn't important. But copying french dance styles was?

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2005, 06:00 PM   #15
mathewhebailey08

look,i'm trying to do some research & I don't tolerate this kind of teasing at all. I was asked by someone else not on here to ask you in order to help them with this kind of reseach. If you do not get the point at all instead of helping me like you're supposed to, then as my mother recommended to me you should leave me alone. (sorry about the mood i'm in,im really upset as a result of what i read in you peope's replies)
Old 09-05-2005, 06:05 PM   #16
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 105,761.69
Savings: 52.80
I'm shaking in my desert boots...

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2005, 06:35 PM   #17
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
Quote:
look,i'm trying to do some research & I don't tolerate this kind of teasing at all. I was asked by someone else not on here to ask you in order to help them with this kind of reseach. If you do not get the point at all instead of helping me like you're supposed to, then as my mother recommended to me you should leave me alone. (sorry about the mood i'm in,im really upset as a result of what i read in you peope's replies)
ok ok..seriously now.. who is your friend? and what are they doin? writing an essay?
you can find similarities in all cultures...look at the tibetan monks and some native americans...headdress is similar..we use incense ..so do chinese..and catholics? (and that was becuz after walking so far on pilgrimages and not believeing in bathing... priests used it to hide their smell..is that right?) anyways if your friend looks hard enough im surte he can make a case for anything..tho its wrong!

Last edited by middle of the sky; 09-05-2005 at 06:39 PM..
Old 09-05-2005, 06:46 PM   #18
PowWows.com Addicts

badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
ok ok..seriously now.. who is your friend? and what are they doin? writing an essay?
you can find similarities in all cultures...look at the tibetan monks and some native americans...headdress is similar..we use incense ..so do chinese..and catholics? (and that was becuz after walking so far on pilgrimages and not believeing in bathing... priests used it to hide their smell..is that right?) anyways if your friend looks hard enough im surte he can make a case for anything..tho its wrong!
Dude, I'd back you up again but I don't want to get a red bead aye. You go get em girl. I know you're not dumb but to put it in perspective, you do live in the East end.
badmaninc is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2005, 06:52 PM   #19
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 132,920.10
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmaninc
Dude, I'd back you up again but I don't want to get a red bead aye. You go get em girl. I know you're not dumb but to put it in perspective, you do live in the East end.
That's just not right!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2005, 07:07 PM   #20
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
Seriously, I would like to know what indian would have ever been allowed to go into a dance hall in the 19th century(1801-1900), let alone into a white man's town. They were busy surviving back then. I think your idea or idea's about things are misguided, and/or you have been fed a crock of baloney about native people.
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links