• 1 Post By 2lineCarrandMorgan
  • 2 Post By milehighsalute
  • 3 Post By Niigig
  • 4 Post By OLChemist
  • 3 Post By bahnisiain
  • 1 Post By OLChemist
  • 2 Post By OLChemist
  • 4 Post By WhoMe

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Have you ever seen a Sasquatch? Have you ever seen a Sasquatch?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,519.06
Savings: 0.00
Have you ever seen a Sasquatch?

A friend and I were just having a bigfoot convo. I told her I bought a book at the Bigfoot Museum on The Frazier River in British Columbia, Canada that says nonNatives have documented seeing bigfoots since the mid 1700's in every state and province. She said she is going to a bigfoot conference next week!

A friend from Washington State once told me the Dogrib First Nations in Northwest Territory, Canada interbreeded with them at one time? Hmmmmmmm?
Old 10-14-2016, 01:36 PM   #2
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 45,917.27
Savings: 1.00
OK , for what it's worth ! LOL
Northeast of Thomas Oklahoma , we have some Family land. My brothers and I used to meet out there about a week before the white man's deer season and hunt ! Tribal land=no state law interference !Dang ndns anyway .LOL Several times those trips would last a few days to a week long and this is not easily accessible. Usually 4x4 in and if it rained you walk. I'd take a tipi so we had good lodging. Sometimes it would even snow. Well , several times we saw bare foot prints....in the mud and in the snow and once crossing the S. Canadian river in the sand.Now I can't say it was Bigfoot , but I've not ever seen any people out there either. Especially in the winter.....barefoot. We found some that were huge and others our size and smaller , but the tracks are wider and very flat footed. One night something woke me up around 3:30 a.m. and about 3 feet above me it looked like someone was running their finger across the canvas of the tipi. None of our bunch was up........Not saying it was Bigfoot but?????
My nephew was with us one trip and he claimed he ran into one out with the cows. He said it was stooped over trying to blend in but when it realized the nephew saw it it stood up and ran off !Said it smelled real bad. We always teased he was smellin himself after it scared the crap out of him , but he swears he saw one ! I could tell more stories of that area but you wouldn't believe them ! LOL
One other time my brother and I were walking up one of the hills (at night)and a woman's voice in old Cheyenne asked who we were ! We walked faster and didn't reply cause we didn't see anyone !
Lot's of strange things happen in that part of Oklahoma !

Went by a house one night that had a peyote meeting going on.All the lights on in the house and tipi all lit up! At least that's what we thought that night ! Next morning early we went to Weatherford to get breakfast and the house was old and empty and no sign of a tipi anywhere.Hmmmm....

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Last edited by wardancer; 10-14-2016 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: can't spell
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2016, 10:19 PM   #3
is rockin & rollin \m/

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 76,397.87
Savings: 52.80
I haven't seen one. No tracks...nothing. One of my aunts saw one Idaho about 10 years ago.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Come on Rez Dawg, you can make it, just another step to go....
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-15-2016, 06:14 PM   #4
Northern Traditional

Items RainbowTree
eagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond repute
eagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,464.34
I've never seen one & I think I'd be real scared if I did.

I'm thinking this would be wicked good to carve as my pumpkin this year though:
Attached Thumbnails
big-foot-pumpkin-carving-yyvyycg.jpg  
eagleclanriverband is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-17-2016, 09:47 AM   #5
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 28,359.85
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
nope
Ndnsoldierboy likes this.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:09 PM   #6
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 26,929.08
my girlfriend brought one over recently.....her friend was all like "gooney goo goo"

i told my girl to GTFO and dont be bringing no bigfoot into my home

she was huge i think she was one of them otoe saSQUASH chicks

but way back in my drinking days there woulda been sightings of a bowlegged sasquash circling my house with lipstick and hickies and neck tattoos......hey i aint no punk and sometimes gotta do what i gotta do even if might get me killed....or worse....maried

gooney goo goo
Old 10-18-2016, 07:55 PM   #7
Some donkus

Niigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,076.49
We had some bigshot sasquatch hunters in our area after someone found footprints. They had news crews and everything, it was a big deal here for ages afterwards. This year after I moved in with my uncle he revealed to me that all along it was just my cousin wearing some sandals he made with carved bottoms to look like feet. I'm not going to lie, I was a little disappointed, but also relieved that I could be in the woods without worrying about being ripped in half by an ape man.
Niigig is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-18-2016, 10:06 PM   #8
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 43,451.84
My cousin's grandfather had a farm deep in the woods of central Arkansas. An older African-American man was the foreman on his farm. This gentleman fished on his days off. He'd sometimes bring my cousin's grandmother a fish or two. One day, he told her he didn't catch any fish at all. He said the "little red men" were making too much noise. He claimed that "happened sometimes."

When her grandmother told my cousin this, my cousin suggested he was making this up or was drunk. Her grandmother thought about that for a while, then told her Mr (I can't remember his name) didn't drink or smoke, took good care of his family, had served in the Army and was a deacon in his church. She couldn't remember him ever telling a lie. If he told her little red men had made noise, she reckoned something out there had made noise.

A few years ago while driving out to a workshop at Arrowmont, we visited the her family's land way the heck back in Dallas county. After a couple hours, driving around on roads the oil and timber companies had cut, we came to a track I refused to take my car down. She told me that led back to the old foreman's fishing spot.

In that dense woods, you could have hidden a troop of howler monkeys or a freaking brachiosaurus. I won't be surprised if there were some kind of primate that had been a rare denison of those southern woods.

Last edited by OLChemist; 10-18-2016 at 10:10 PM..
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2016, 07:37 PM   #9
Eastern Blanket Dancer

Items Treasure Chest
bahnisiain has a reputation beyond repute
bahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,722.75
I have not witness one in my life. I do know people who have watched them. on one hand I do want to see one, but not sure how I would react to seeing one.

bahnisiain is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2016, 08:16 PM   #10
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Stick Indians by Jim Boyd
windanncer likes this.

Last edited by OLChemist; 10-19-2016 at 08:18 PM..
Old 10-20-2016, 01:48 AM   #11
Northern Traditional

Items RainbowTree
eagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond repute
eagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,464.34
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
My cousin's grandfather had a farm deep in the woods of central Arkansas. An older African-American man was the foreman on his farm. This gentleman fished on his days off. He'd sometimes bring my cousin's grandmother a fish or two. One day, he told her he didn't catch any fish at all. He said the "little red men" were making too much noise. He claimed that "happened sometimes."

When her grandmother told my cousin this, my cousin suggested he was making this up or was drunk. Her grandmother thought about that for a while, then told her Mr (I can't remember his name) didn't drink or smoke, took good care of his family, had served in the Army and was a deacon in his church. She couldn't remember him ever telling a lie. If he told her little red men had made noise, she reckoned something out there had made noise.

A few years ago while driving out to a workshop at Arrowmont, we visited the her family's land way the heck back in Dallas county. After a couple hours, driving around on roads the oil and timber companies had cut, we came to a track I refused to take my car down. She told me that led back to the old foreman's fishing spot.

In that dense woods, you could have hidden a troop of howler monkeys or a freaking brachiosaurus. I won't be surprised if there were some kind of primate that had been a rare denison of those southern woods.
On our reservation we have Little People who live in the woods; they have magic powers.

I remember when we were little kids, my mom told us that when we’re out in the woods playing or walking home, if we meet any Little People & they ask us to go with them, not to go. She said that they like children because we are more their size.

The way I was, I just listened and I was going to obey my mom; no questions asked. But then my sister piped up & asked, “Why?” My mom said because they live in a different world & if we go with them, we wouldn’t come back. So then my sister (who is smarter & more inquisitive than me) asked my mom, “What if their world is better than ours? Wouldn’t it be better to go with them?”

So I was quiet all this time, but I was thinking to myself, well that's a good point I hadn't thought of. I could tell though that my mom was getting frustrated with my sister’s questioning & she curtly said, “Just don’t go with them!” My grandma had warned my mom when she was a kid about not going with them.

We moved away & for a number of years, I had forgotten about the Little People until another NDN from another tribe brought them up. He asked my mom & me if we had Little People who lived around us & if we knew about them. Over the years, I’ve heard quite a few stories about the Little People & their magic powers. From how I understand it, like we have shared space between our worlds.

I’ve heard that they make noise sometimes like this foreman said & I know some people alive today who have heard them...kinda like singing. I have also heard of someone from our tribe in the old days who went with them to their world & then came back to this world.

My uncle Manny wanted to help the Little People out, so he would make gifts for them. He made things (like canoes & oars that were their size) they needed that were tougher for them to make for themselves.

I’ve also been told they like jelly beans. Before Jelly Belly’s became a thing it was hard to get jelly beans when it wasn’t Easter, but Fleet Farm would sell them year round. So we’ll leave some jelly beans for them around by where they live. I’ve also been told to be respectful of them.
eagleclanriverband is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-20-2016, 09:08 AM   #12
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
My granddad told me the little people made the arrowheads we'd find when he'd prepare the fields. His brother, grandpa Paul, told me granddad was wrong, it was the spiders that made them. So, it could have been the little people or spiders or the little people's pet spiders for all I know.

Of course when you got the two of them together... Out the with the church elder and the Sargent of Arms of the local VFW and in with the two overgrown middle school boys. The mischief they would get into was unreal.

Grandpa Paul was always teasing grandma. He'd stand in the kitchen door while she was making a pie, sigh heavily, and tell her the crust was upside down. Once he told her he had seen a bug in the sugar bin but hadn't been able to catch it. She sieved out the entire 5 lbs, chasing his imaginary bug. Grandma mostly understood that was just how NDN brother-in-laws were, but one Thanksgiving he came flying out of the kitchen like a scalded cat, with Waldorf salad dripping off his head. He was spry for a 95 year old, LOL.

Once grandma sent granddad and grandpa Paul out to water the garden, to get them out of the house while she was getting dinner ready. Twenty minutes later, one of my cousins came running in wet. Grandma went outside and found her husband and brother-in-law hunkered down in the pole beans and corn, throwing buckets of water at each other.

Last edited by OLChemist; 10-20-2016 at 10:51 AM..
Old 10-20-2016, 12:19 PM   #13
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,519.06
Actually the little people are a whole different subject. They are or were in most Native stories and lots and lots of Native people still see them from time to time.

If you want to see an actual photo of one visit the Chickasaw Council House museum in Tishimingo, Oklahoma. They have an exhibit about them and the photo has a Medicine Man standing next to a little person on tree stump! It is close, clear and concise so there is no question to its authenticity.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:10 PM   #14
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 26,929.08
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
Actually the little people are a whole different subject. They are or were in most Native stories and lots and lots of Native people still see them from time to time.

If you want to see an actual photo of one visit the Chickasaw Council House museum in Tishimingo, Oklahoma. They have an exhibit about them and the photo has a Medicine Man standing next to a little person on tree stump! It is close, clear and concise so there is no question to its authenticity.
little people? like Yavapai kakaka?
Old 10-24-2016, 11:11 AM   #15
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 50,397.33
This one transvestite used to give the best hair cuts in Oakland...I think he was one of those interbread descendants of Green Eyes.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links