PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Chit Chat (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/)
-   -   How old......?? (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/how-old-28094/)

Mato Winyan 07-20-2005 12:34 AM

How old......??

How old is the oldest thing in your fridge or medicine cabinet? I just found a jar of tarter sauce in my fridge from 7-02-04. EWWWWWWW!!! That should tell ya how often we eat fish here!! :lol:

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 07-20-2005 12:39 AM

first i wanna say...eww lol..and i know there is gripe water in my medicine cab...my lil guy is 3....hasnt had colic since he was 6 monthes old...and even older...a half a month of birth control pills:laughing:

Micki 07-20-2005 12:43 AM

I was hungry at work and peanut butter and jelly
sounded sooooo good. :board_yu:

Sooo i fixed my sandwich and was ready to throw the plastic knife away,

but first i had to lick the peanut butter from the knife wrong thing to do.

It tasted awful and i looked at the expiration date, it expired in 2002. :eyebrow2:

I dont think i will have peanut butter and jelly sandwich for a long while

SLLove 07-20-2005 12:46 AM

Ish. our tartar sauce or salad dressing usually gets used once or twice and then forgotten......lol. But not as long as yours......lol.
I found a year old pizza in my grandparents deep freezer once. They buy all this meat and stuff....and hardly cook much. They get meals on wheels.....lol.

The thing thats the oldest in my med cab........are my diet pills......lol.

Joe G 07-20-2005 12:46 AM

OMG Mato.....that thing qualifies as a scientific study of bacteria cultures now! transfer contents to a petrie dish! :lol:

ChrissyRedhorn 07-20-2005 12:49 AM

I can honestly say theres nothing old in my fridge. Once a week if I forget that week, then once every 2 weeks I throw anything that looks old away in my fridge on trash night. As for my meds being old lol Im on so many that they dont have any time to get old

ndnmama80 07-20-2005 12:54 AM

Here and there we have expired stuff in our refrigerator,but not as old as what was in my great-grandma's fridge! While cleanin it out before her move, there was a jar in there from 1987! Not playin! Not sure what it was though?????

WocusWoman 07-20-2005 04:04 AM

I'm not a drinker; but I have rum balls in the bottom of my fridge that are 6 years old. I just haven't found the right person to give them to yet!

Blackbear 07-20-2005 02:10 PM

Dang Mato.. that's why I just make tartar sauce... mayonaise and relish. Or if you want to get fancy add cream of tartar and lemon juice to it too. Same with cocktail sauce for shrimp.. ketchup and horseradish with a touch of lemon juice. LOL!!! Oldest thing in our fridge right now is probably the lemon juice...

injunboy 07-20-2005 02:48 PM

before we left for vaca. recently, we emptied the fridge. but the night before we left the wife bought four pints of milk for our toddler and low and behold she left it. when we came back last week, we had four puffed up juggs of milk in the fridge. grossness

i swear they would make good bombs for something.

buckskin pantyhose 07-20-2005 03:25 PM

AAAAAHAHAHHAHA DANG MATO! This thread had me crackin up....Bushy & i have been in our apt for almost 2yrs now & i bet there's prolly somethin in the fridge thats been there since we moved in...hahahaha....i gotta go home & check now!

little bird 07-20-2005 05:10 PM

The oldest thing I found in my fridge were batteries. 2000.

wyo_rose 07-20-2005 05:18 PM

Well, I'm "helping" my boyfriend clean out his cabinets and stuff. I swear his family never throws ANYTHING away.

The oldest medicine I found was from '87. I tossed everything with a 99 date or earlier and packed the rest away. I'm sure nobody will miss it.

There was lots of commods from 98 that we threw out. And in the fridge there was a bottle of salad dressing from 95.

Needless to say, everything WITHOUT a date got tossed too! :lol:

Blackbear 07-21-2005 05:26 AM

OH GRACIOUS.. did'nt even think about medicines... I had to do that before I left my job!! But they were'nt kept in my fridge.

badmaninc 07-21-2005 09:28 AM

Dudes, I have teenage kids. I'm lucky if anything stays in there longer than two days.

bushy_braids 07-21-2005 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckskin pantyhose
AAAAAHAHAHHAHA DANG MATO! This thread had me crackin up....Bushy & i have been in our apt for almost 2yrs now & i bet there's prolly somethin in the fridge thats been there since we moved in...hahahaha....i gotta go home & check now!

HEY bux... don't throw away that jar of pickle juice!!!!!!! - heard it was a good hangover remedy!!!!! (even tho it's been in there for a while!- hahaha)

Mato Winyan 07-21-2005 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmaninc
Dudes, I have teenage kids. I'm lucky if anything stays in there longer than two days.

:rofl:

lilmarty 07-21-2005 02:43 PM

When helping someone move we once found a old jar of Mayo...not sure how old it was except that the vinegar, egg, and whatever else is in there completely separated....there were floating layers of stuff in jar...pretty cool!

Plenty Fox 07-21-2005 02:57 PM

Does this mean I have to confess about all the 'lab experiments' growing in my fridge? :tounge_sm

drinkingfromysaucer2 07-21-2005 07:36 PM

in the refrigerator...
door 1, the jar with only 2 slices of chili peppers in it (someone claimed they wanted these later)
door 2...the neon glow in the dark stick from halloween (someone said that the glowstick, although used, will still work later if frozen)
door 3...the wax paper wrapped candles (someone said candles won't drip as much when burning if stored in freezer)

in the medicine cabinet...
its a shoe-shaped wedding favor from a friends wedding (someone has no idea how it got there)