Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat How white is your native world? How white is your native world?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2006, 12:51 AM   #241
kitozudoto

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
Savings: 0.00
i like hwii siziinii posts.. i recognize where shes coming from and i would answer her navajo questions... but these other crazies posting here are semi entertaining but should become one with reality

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2006, 01:11 AM   #242
Beadworker

sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,106.54
Quote:
Originally Posted by injunboy
i like hwii siziinii posts.. i recognize where shes coming from and i would answer her navajo questions... but these other crazies posting here are semi entertaining but should become one with reality
lol heres reality for ya Hwii is a guy not a woman...and we're not really crazy just touched a bit

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
sokoki_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2006, 06:09 AM   #243
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by hywalker
funny, in an ironic sort of way. yrs ago a group of us were headed to alaska for a 3 month mountain climbing excursion. passing so close to pine ridge we decided to make it part of the journey (none of us had ever seen a rez b4) we make it to a road leading into the rez when we were met by 4 trucks full of men with rifles telling us to keep our bus of white folk moving right on our journey and best not to stop, later found out that group had the name of goon squad. With no understanding of anything besides those rifles we went on to alaska actually forgetting the whole incident. the time of this trip? june 1976 and never found out what had happened only days later till about 15 yrs ago. that is about my extent of native knowledge till the kiowakat era lol.
EGAD! I drove the alcan in 96.. I can only imagine what it had to be like 20 years before that!! I hear it's entirely paved now.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:46 PM   #244
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
We drove up the Alcan in June of 72 and I guess you can figure how much mud there was. But I was just a little kid and thought it was loads of fun.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:26 PM   #245
Kiowakat's #1 fan

hywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scale
Credits: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear
EGAD! I drove the alcan in 96.. I can only imagine what it had to be like 20 years before that!! I hear it's entirely paved now.
LOL dang nab alcan highway. we bought an old school bus and converted it for the trip (big yellow sucker with a heavy duty luggage rack built on top, got pulled over on our way up and had to remove the school and stop words so we went to town with spray paint and it turned out wilder than the partrige family bus lmao). had to take shifts in the back of the bus for the long journey on the most bouncy ride i've ever had, '72 had to be similar if not worse lol. but damned if the ride wasnt worth every bump, beautiful country if they could get rid of all the nastier little blood suckers lol.
Anybody know the name of their little gnat up there that slices and dices u? not their condor size mosquito's but the blood thirsty swarms of super gnats. (sorry i know , off topic lol)
Old 02-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #246
Beadworker

sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
LOL dang nab alcan highway. we bought an old school bus and converted it for the trip (big yellow sucker with a heavy duty luggage rack built on top, got pulled over on our way up and had to remove the school and stop words so we went to town with spray paint and it turned out wilder than the partrige family bus lmao). had to take shifts in the back of the bus for the long journey on the most bouncy ride i've ever had, '72 had to be similar if not worse lol. but damned if the ride wasnt worth every bump, beautiful country if they could get rid of all the nastier little blood suckers lol.
Anybody know the name of their little gnat up there that slices and dices u? not their condor size mosquito's but the blood thirsty swarms of super gnats. (sorry i know , off topic lol)
sounds like a bunch of hippies to me lol jk

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 02-07-2006, 06:30 PM   #247
Kiowakat's #1 fan

hywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scale
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose
We drove up the Alcan in June of 72 and I guess you can figure how much mud there was. But I was just a little kid and thought it was loads of fun.

unfortunatly for us this was the part of the trip that us kids were getting the hard lesson on why u clean your utensils well lmoa. it was kaopectate cocktails for over half the bus of 34 people and for those tht werent suffering that were suffering the well they suffered lol. then add the alcan highway and walla u have instant hell lol.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:31 PM   #248
Beadworker

Quote:
unfortunatly for us this was the part of the trip that us kids were getting the hard lesson on why u clean your utensils well lmoa. it was kaopectate cocktails for over half the bus of 34 people and for those tht werent suffering that were suffering the well they suffered lol. then add the alcan highway and walla u have instant hell lol.
oh thats the worst lol

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 02-07-2006, 06:34 PM   #249
Kiowakat's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoki_wolf
sounds like a bunch of hippies to me lol jk
LOL and LMAO now that i am looking at it in my past i'd have to say we were a busload of Wannabe hippies there were peace signs all over the bus, most of us still had the long hair style. And we all thought we were somethin lol. we did get invited to drive our bus in a canadian towns parade , very kewl might i add and so was the picnic that followed lol, cant pass up a free meal now.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #250
naddawannabe

Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,023.89
Thanks injunboy. Yes, I'm a hastiin, not a she. Ganado's a nice place, btw.
Hwii Siziinii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2006, 07:24 PM   #251
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
I was wondering how people get so much enjoyment from this thread. Not taking away from their fun or anything, but Hy & Sok have put their heart and soul into this thread.

I checked it out. (I'm doing laundry. Nuttin to do right now) Sok has posted 76 times. Hy has posted 37 times. Total of 113 times or 8 pages. 8 pages outa 17. Pretty good. That's determination.

Keep it up fellas.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #252
Junior Dancer

Cherie is a jewel in the rough
I've seen some very informative information mixed with humor as I was following this thread. This thread should be titled hywalker's and Sokoki_wolf's 'Happenings or Not'.

I've been on several sites but the powwow.com site is so far one of the best I've seen by far. In the short time I've been a registered member of this site I've enjoyed the information and reading the threads.

It doesn't bother me in the least if the threads get aliitle off topic once in awhile cause it just makes for more fun.

I'd much rather see people be alittle' crazy' as someone stated on this thread then being at one another throats like I've seen on other sites.
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2006, 08:38 PM   #253
Beadworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie
I've seen some very informative information mixed with humor as I was following this thread. This thread should be titled hywalker's and Sokoki_wolf's 'Happenings or Not'.

I've been on several sites but the powwow.com site is so far one of the best I've seen by far. In the short time I've been a registered member of this site I've enjoyed the information and reading the threads.

It doesn't bother me in the least if the threads get aliitle off topic once in awhile cause it just makes for more fun.

I'd much rather see people be alittle' crazy' as someone stated on this thread then being at one another throats like I've seen on other sites.
we're just twisted is all

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 02-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #254
Junior Dancer

Cherie is a jewel in the rough
Sokoki_wolf; I can tell you're in rare form today.

It's no fun to be good all the time.

BTW did you get the pm I sent you today regarding New Agers & Native Wisdom that I found on another site. When I read stuff like that it makes my skin boil.

I tried to copy and paste that whole thread but it was a super long thread. The person who made those silly/ off the wall comments admitted they weren't American Indian.

I don't get people sometimes. I don't make a habit of making fun of someone but some people just tickle my funny bone.

When I went into a gift shop one time and was looking around I noticed some dreamcatchers. When I picked one up the tag on the bottom of it said 'Made In China/Japan.
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2006, 09:01 PM   #255
Beadworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie
Sokoki_wolf; I can tell you're in rare form today.

It's no fun to be good all the time.

BTW did you get the pm I sent you today regarding New Agers & Native Wisdom that I found on another site. When I read stuff like that it makes my skin boil.

I tried to copy and paste that whole thread but it was a super long thread. The person who made those silly/ off the wall comments admitted they weren't American Indian.

I don't get people sometimes. I don't make a habit of making fun of someone but some people just tickle my funny bone.

When I went into a gift shop one time and was looking around I noticed some dreamcatchers. When I picked one up the tag on the bottom of it said 'Made In China/Japan.
lol you have to love the tiawanese tribe and their crafts are so authentic too

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 02-08-2006, 09:57 AM   #256
powwow bum

ndngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond repute
ndngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,659.73
I just can't believe that this thread has made 18 pages! Come on everyone... do the dance!
ndngirl70 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-08-2006, 10:13 AM   #257
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 132,907.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad
This is gonna be a good thread...

I'm going to go get my popcorn!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-08-2006, 01:30 PM   #258
Teen Dancer

marie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndngirl70
I just can't believe that this thread has made 18 pages! Come on everyone... do the dance!
How is everyone today? We had alot of snow last night!!!11
marie_popcan@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #259
naddawannabe

Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,023.89
...still white...
Hwii Siziinii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-08-2006, 01:39 PM   #260
Beadworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
How is everyone today? We had alot of snow last night!!!11
please send some south of you marie, we havent had any yet

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Sponsored Links