Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat How white is your native world? How white is your native world?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2006, 01:40 AM   #401
Kiowakat's #1 fan

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
hywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scale
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie
Who's is George Dubya?
he's the head moron of the u.s.a. g.w.b. jr. lol friend of the filthy rich he dont live in a bubble but i think his brain is a bubble lmao
Old 02-11-2006, 06:12 AM   #402
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
I saw that article this morning but I was to chicken to post it.
I think I already did post that in native issues
Old 02-11-2006, 10:33 AM   #403
Kiowakat's #1 fan

hywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear
I think I already did post that in native issues
good chance, was given it , thought it fit here too
wasnt claiming it as my find lol but i'm getting the impression that either people are blind to this plague against native america or their part of the plague, not sure

Last edited by hywalker; 02-11-2006 at 10:44 AM..
hywalker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2006, 10:42 AM   #404
Kiowakat's #1 fan

this thread has another good article attached to it on what fakes and frauds cause -->
http://www.powwows.com/gathering/sho...350#post721350

cut from the article in the thread pointed out here--->
One other state, Alaska, sponsors a similar program that protects the work of native artists and guarantees buyers that items bearing a "Silver Hand" seal were handcrafted by an Alaska Eskimo, Aleut or other Indian artist.

does anyone know if this program is helping in alaska????

Last edited by hywalker; 02-11-2006 at 11:26 AM..
Old 02-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #405
powwow bum

ndngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond repute
ndngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,659.73
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoki_wolf
my tribe resides in aprt in a state with an ndn commission and has had state recognition,then it was taken away
Gotta love Howard Dean! What an A**
ndngirl70 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2006, 11:24 AM   #406
Beadworker

sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,106.54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndngirl70
Gotta love Howard Dean! What an A**
lol dick snelling was the one recinded our recognition...but howie fits the a** as well....
and..
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NDNGIRL

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
sokoki_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2006, 11:40 AM   #407
Junior Dancer

Cherie is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
lol dick snelling was the one recinded our recognition...but howie fits the a** as well....
and..
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NDNGIRL

We're good enough to pay taxes so they can wine and dine their rich friends but they recind someones recognition. Ok

You know the ole saying. The government giveth and the government taketh away.

Different subject. I read the title of the link that hywalker posted regarding what the frauds and fakers cause: They cause trouble.
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2006, 12:03 PM   #408
Kiowakat's #1 fan

Quote:
We're good enough to pay taxes so they can wine and dine their rich friends but they recind someones recognition. Ok

You know the ole saying. The government giveth and the government taketh away.

Different subject. I read the title of the link that hywalker posted regarding what the frauds and fakers cause: They cause trouble.
they do major damage, from the innocent claiming to be one and giving out info on native culture they got outta some book, to the very talented craftsmen that sell artifakes (some of which i have personally seen now hanging in certain museums) and the fake spiritual leaders. these frauds do damage at all levels. If were ever going to get the gov. to work at all for the ndn's one thing needs to change and thats native awareness in the non native populated area's, and these phonies are already there giving their version of native america and painting an odd picture for the general public. i personally grew up in st louis, not the hub of native activity by any means lol. My school which was a good school had little to nothing to teach us about native america. i knew natives through the eyes of john wayne lol. but not really funny, this lack of info keeps the public from joining in the cry for fair treatment of our original people. the african americans are getting things done, not just cause they are all yelling but they have alot of whites yelling too.

ps - HAPPY BIRTHDAY NDNGIRL

Last edited by hywalker; 02-11-2006 at 12:08 PM..
Old 02-11-2006, 12:20 PM   #409
Junior Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hywalker
they do major damage, from the innocent claiming to be one and giving out info on native culture they got outta some book, to the very talented craftsmen that sell artifakes (some of which i have personally seen now hanging in certain museums) and the fake spiritual leaders. these frauds do damage at all levels. If were ever going to get the gov. to work at all for the ndn's one thing needs to change and thats native awareness in the non native populated area's, and these phonies are already there giving their version of native america and painting an odd picture for the general public. i personally grew up in st louis, not the hub of native activity by any means lol. My school which was a good school had little to nothing to teach us about native america. i knew natives through the eyes of john wayne lol. but not really funny, this lack of info keeps the public from joining in the cry for fair treatment of our original people. the african americans are getting things done, not just cause they are all yelling but they have alot of whites yelling too.

ps - HAPPY BIRTHDAY NDNGIRL
I agree with what you say completely.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:19 PM   #410
naddawannabe

Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,006.19
... which is why (all of those who live in the Phoenix area) should check out things like the Navajo Folk Art Fair (http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=31672). Real native artists. Real traditional native art.
Hwii Siziinii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2006, 06:20 PM   #411
powwow bum

ndngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond repute
ndngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,659.73
Thanks Guys! It's the big three one today.
ndngirl70 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2006, 10:44 PM   #412
Beadworker

sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
heres a story on yahoo news thats timely ....and very relevant
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060211/...t_authenticity

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 02-11-2006, 11:39 PM   #413
Teen Dancer

marie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond reputemarie_popcan@hotmail has a reputation beyond repute
authentic native arts and crafts

Quote:
heres a story on yahoo news thats timely ....and very relevant
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060211/...t_authenticity
Thank-you for the news from yahoo. I reaad it and saved it. I also noticed, you are located in the Nw Pacific........Where abouts? I am originally from B.C., am living in Ontario.
marie_popcan@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2006, 09:43 AM   #414
Divine Scientific Genius

DeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,162.00
Savings: 569.25
Well Congratulations, guys.

This thread has actually caused me to have to come out of my extended hiatus and speak. So LISTEN UP.

If you aren't raised in the culture, knowing and living the culture from your first breath of life; You aren't NDGNS. Period. Some pedigree paper from the savages and their occupying government has no bearing on which people are NDNz. We were here LONG before they climbed out of their own filth and got on their vermin-ridden boats and brought their inadequate language and abominable culture to taint our shores.

NDN is in the raising, in the life, and in the traditions passed down. I'm sorry if so-and-so back in your family line decided to be white. You need to take that up with them, not come whining to us about it.

Don't like what I'm saying? Oh well. Any one on here who remebers me can vouch for the fact thay I say what needs to be said, and I don't pull punches. So go off, have a good cry, un bunch your panties, and go fix YOUR culture instad of mucking up ours.

This has been the Goddess's two cents.

The secret of my succes is 30% natural talent, 10% inspiration, and the remaining 60% is just the fact that I am nucking futs.
DeusExMachina is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2006, 10:37 AM   #415
Beadworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMachina
This thread has actually caused me to have to come out of my extended hiatus and speak. So LISTEN UP.

If you aren't raised in the culture, knowing and living the culture from your first breath of life; You aren't NDGNS. Period. Some pedigree paper from the savages and their occupying government has no bearing on which people are NDNz. We were here LONG before they climbed out of their own filth and got on their vermin-ridden boats and brought their inadequate language and abominable culture to taint our shores.

NDN is in the raising, in the life, and in the traditions passed down. I'm sorry if so-and-so back in your family line decided to be white. You need to take that up with them, not come whining to us about it.

Don't like what I'm saying? Oh well. Any one on here who remebers me can vouch for the fact thay I say what needs to be said, and I don't pull punches. So go off, have a good cry, un bunch your panties, and go fix YOUR culture instad of mucking up ours.

first off,dont even for one second play this holier than tho crap with me..i am ndn and maybe i wasnt raised the same as you but that doesnt make me any less ndn.....i do agree with some of what you said but before you throw stones maybe you should have YOUR dna tested cuz sorry to tell you theres no full bloods.period even if someone intermarried into another tribe your blood line has been altered...yes i have white in me,half same as the ndn ...and thru no choices of mine,i was raised in a non ndn house...i was adopted...so now a goddess(lmfao) is going to tell me im not ndn because i didnt meet their criteria? lmao ya theres alot of ppl playing ndn...and seems lately theres alot of wannabee hip hoppin,gang bangers res kidz that are acting mighty black or white...before you make a statement again as broad as you did in your poost get your test done then come spout your crap about who is and isnt ndn...doesnt seem like you shoot straight from the hip.rather you have your own issues and agendas...try counseling or therapy

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 02-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #416
Junior Dancer

Quote:

Like Sokoki_wolf, I'm mixed blood too and believe me I'm not having a good cry and sitting back feeling sorry for myself nor do I have my panties in a bunch. It makes me no less native just because I didn't grow up on a rez,or learned the language from my first breath. I'm not a registered member of a tribe (even though I can prove I descend from one) and probably never will be but I'm not having this so-called pitty party about it.

#1 My father passed on when I was very very young. I don't ever recall while growing up my mother talking about the culture etc.

#2. I know there are others like me out there cause I have spoken to them so I can say this. I'm not ashamed to say that I had no knowledge of my " Indianness" until I reached adulthood. If anyone wants to question my authenticity I say go for it. I'm getting tired of slaying dragons anyhow.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:45 AM   #417
Pow Wow Visitor

moochwah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
If you aren't raised in the culture, knowing and living the culture from your first breath of life; You aren't NDGNS. Period...NDN is in the raising, in the life, and in the traditions passed down.
Hie Hie!!!! Except I wouldn't have said it so harshly.
moochwah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #418
Beadworker

ps

Quote:

being the age you are,you werent exposed to the decades in this country when it wasnt "cool" to be ndn...fortunatly you were born in a time when it was...alot of us werent...you didnt say you were ndn,your parents didnt etc..so alot was lost from familys...its easy to see too that you are far from traditional...and in looking at your profile seems youve gone over to the white world...so does that make you less ndn now? and fyi i am enrolled with my tribe are you?

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 02-12-2006, 11:48 AM   #419
Beadworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by moochwah
Hie Hie!!!! Except I wouldn't have said it so harshly.
ty....diplomacy does work at times...and as i said i agree with some of what was said...but like that old saying goes judge not...you never know what skeltons would crash out of ones closet...and some might just find out theyre not as ndn as they would like to think...

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 02-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #420
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Had to drop in to say hi, especially to DSM. I saw her signature come up on this thread and thot, hey, I gotta go see whatta hell she's up to.

I see you've all got a liddle chat room going here. Have fun.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links