Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat How white is your native world? How white is your native world?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2006, 10:09 PM   #621
Beadworker

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,106.54
Savings: 0.00
wow...popcorn anyone?

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
sokoki_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-07-2006, 11:25 AM   #622
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 0.00
well my opinion again... it's sad ....go ahead and let them wannabe's take ove and the FAKES AND FRAUDS, eventually its gonna be that way...Cultural Integritity will be ruined.....we need to fight for all the rights of our sovereign nations not just one or two... Over looking fake and frauds will only undermind our plight as much as any other issue concerning native americans
kiowakat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-07-2006, 12:36 PM   #623
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Excuse me folks. If you haven't noticed, this is an extremely long thread. There are some very good posts here and some good info..... but the average person whom you are trying to reach with this message will not read through hundreds of posts to get to that one particular article that may change their thinking. Like the one on the previous page. Good article...... but will many see it?

This is a worthwhile topic that certainly needs addressing and I think should continue.
Might I suggest that someone start another thread entitled, " How white is your Native World - #2"?
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2007, 09:36 PM   #624
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
Savings: 1.00
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii View Post
I am 1/512 Dutch. I know in my heart that this is so. When I see windmills, my heart soars. I purchased a pair of wooden shoes at a yard sale. I had to have them. When I put them on visions of tulips surround me. The story of the child who plugged a hole in the dyke turned me to tears.

I tell people of my lost heritage but they take one look at me and say, "No way man! You're Anishinaabe all the way!" What can I do?

I first submitted a post similar to this a few years ago and my situation has not changed. I tried to join a Dutch-Canadian club with no success. My skin color has been a detriment to my being accepted. My Ojibwe accent is unmistakeable and is hard to disguise.

Would a trip to the homeland help me out? I don't know if I should chance it as ( I heard) there are drug cafes and the sex trade is blatantly displayed in windows. Is that bad? I want so much to learn and partake of my Dutch heritage in every aspect.
i know better but i just couldnt stop from injoying this thread
well you know me 2lines nothen shy about that. i just wish you were dutch lol too but it is funny looking at it from your eyes,al the same to you im keeping every part giving to me
and where are these ppl now dang thier good
Old 01-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #625
Junior Dancer

Janet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond repute
Well I guess I made my comments on the wrong thread the other day. O.K. I'm half Irish and half Souix and never got to know neather one of my parents. My mother whom was Souix I don't know which tribal band from Wisconsin, died when I was very young and my father whom was a CPA in Chicago (Irish) married another woman after my mother passed and "gave me" to another family to raise. This never bothered me until about nine years ago. Now that my career and raised children are finished its important to know these things.

It didn't take me long at all to find my father side. I have three brothers I didn't know I had.

Now finging my mother's grave has been very difficult. I still don't know where her grave is or if I have relatives. I would like to know more about her. Not because she is Native American Souix Indian....just the fact that she is and was my mother.

Finding my father didn't cost me a nicel with no effort. Finding my mother has cost me thousands and thousands of dollars. I'm still searching for her but that dose not mean that I am a want to be indian or have a identity crisis. It just means that I can get on with my life. I will not invade any ones heritage.

Dave Chief, Grandfather of Red Dog
Janet Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-23-2007, 06:57 AM   #626
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
First of all man... take most of these posts with a grain of salt because they are intended to be humerous.. indians are the biggest teasers on the planet and you gotta have a thick skin to appreciate it LOL!

Second, if your mom was from one of the indian nations in Wisconsin, it would'nt be Sioux. I might not have all of these right but there is the Onieda, the Ojibway and I think the Hochunk and Menominee as well. If she is Lakota (sioux) they are residing in South Dakota. This might be where you are getting lost because either you are looking in the wrong place or looking for the wrong Nation.
Second of all, do you have her name? If not can you get her name from your dad's side of the family? How about off your birth certificate?
Third, do you know what city she died in and her death date?
And finally.. if you are half and want to know more about that heritage, it's yours.. it's not an identity crises. You're entitled to know more about it. Don't jump the gun here thinking that just because you read this thread that you necessarily fall into the "make fun of the wannabes" catagory ok?
Old 01-23-2007, 02:40 PM   #627
Junior Dancer

Janet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond reputeJanet Smith has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
First of all man... take most of these posts with a grain of salt because they are intended to be humerous.. indians are the biggest teasers on the planet and you gotta have a thick skin to appreciate it LOL!

Second, if your mom was from one of the indian nations in Wisconsin, it would'nt be Sioux. I might not have all of these right but there is the Onieda, the Ojibway and I think the Hochunk and Menominee as well. If she is Lakota (sioux) they are residing in South Dakota. This might be where you are getting lost because either you are looking in the wrong place or looking for the wrong Nation.
Second of all, do you have her name? If not can you get her name from your dad's side of the family? How about off your birth certificate?
Third, do you know what city she died in and her death date?
And finally.. if you are half and want to know more about that heritage, it's yours.. it's not an identity crises. You're entitled to know more about it. Don't jump the gun here thinking that just because you read this thread that you necessarily fall into the "make fun of the wannabes" catagory ok?
I know we are teasers, believe me, I've gotten myself into trouble many times for it. lol This is another reason I need to find out who my mother is.
All my findings are from the grilling I did with family members involved. Guilt is a funny thing and you have to weed it out whats true and whats false. I do have some ground breaking evidence that she did exist. I can not reveal all my facts because it is under investigation at my expence as we speak. I'm real close to finding out who she is at this time. Pow Wow Gatherin is my crutch this is not an easy task, trust me. When I find her I can eather hug trees or PWG. Thank you for your post, hope you find my post when I do got all the facts about her. It will be a happy day for me.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:38 AM   #628
Junior Dancer

I think after I find out all I need to know about my cultural background I'm going to go on a Caribbean cruise.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #629
Tiny Tot Dancer

IlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond repute
Location: Wherever I am suppose to be at that time...simple as that.
LOL

Tribal integrity lost ? LOL... Most tribes have already lost their integrity by becoming wanna-be Lakotas during the Pan-Indian epidemic !

And the Lakotas have lost their integrity by letting their youth becoming wanna-be gangsters...

LOL... When most native people think that the peak of nativeness is the bling you put on your powwow (read : rodeo) regalia, then you can't speak of integrity anymore.

But-- what do I know... I'm a fake medicine man living in a white world.

A Ho ! (Wait.. I'm not Lakota.. should I be saying that?)
IlnuSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links