Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat How white is your native world? How white is your native world?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2006, 07:58 PM   #161
Kiowakat's #1 fan

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
hywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scale
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoki_wolf
lol@ new thread...im game.... i have a tribal card but not a BIA one...my tribe does get bia cards tho...we do in canada what ever the bia is there
lmao how the heck did u do that, your response was there just as i posted that one
Old 02-02-2006, 08:20 PM   #162
Beadworker

sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,106.54
Quote:
Originally Posted by hywalker
lmao how the heck did u do that, your response was there just as i posted that one
its ndn magic dude lmao i teach you if you have visa/mastercard...very sacr ed knowledge

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
sokoki_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #163
Kiowakat's #1 fan

hywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scale
Quote:
its ndn magic dude lmao i teach you if you have visa/mastercard...very sacr ed knowledge
Sign me up, do u take diners card?
Old 02-02-2006, 09:18 PM   #164
Beadworker

sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=hywalker]
Quote:
i dont think this thread was intended to be about the people who go to powwows and want to learn...more about the true fakes who make money off of playing indian ...they are a great threat to us,they mis-represent indian people,our culture,beliefs and spirituality...and in most cases for money...most indian people east of the mississippi dont have bia cards(and i wouldnt carry one even if it was offered...thats THEIR govt and not ours and who are they to say who i am?) cultural exchanges like powwows are one thing but the fakes that are out there selling sweats and vision quests etc are not people who are interested in learning about our ways...[/QUOTE
maybe a thread to get everyones opinion on the whole wannabe vs someone with native heritage issue should be started, lmao. tho i think i might get run out of here on a rail if i started my second only thread like that lol. Sidebar- i think i've personally only reffered to tribal and not bia cards so far.
Besides, in our city here we encourage non natives to come to the powwows. If it was only natives that powwowed supporting our powwows we'd be done after 1. The only way u can get decent traders in is if they are gonna make money. The best way we have for bringing good native dancers into our powwows is contests prizes(which these last few years has been kinda lame), or payed head staff. We need the enthusiast, those that have heritage to come out and take an interest in the Native world. Our city according to the gov. census sez we have over 20,000 natives residing here. I would challenge them to show me 5000 that have verifiable Native ancestory. And no i dont say this to piss off the natives whos family's were left off the rolls. I say this to show that without the non native support in st louis area we'd have no powwows and unless we travel (which of course we do lol wife just gets it in her she wants a kiowa powwow to go to) we would be missing some of the great powwow dancers. To go down to the indian expo in oklahoma and see some of the top dancers show their stuff, well i gotta say, I'm blown away
i totally agree with you HW

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 02-02-2006, 09:31 PM   #165
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
and why are the arkansas cherokee cards green??...i seen one when they came up to the indian center.
kiowakat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-02-2006, 09:36 PM   #166
Beadworker

Quote:

Sign me up, do u take diners card?
ndnexpress dont leave the res with out it

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 02-02-2006, 09:37 PM   #167
Beadworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiowakat
and why are the arkansas cherokee cards green??...i seen one when they came up to the indian center.
cherokee or cherakey?

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 02-02-2006, 10:10 PM   #168
Beadworker

Quote:
use the force ...use the force

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 02-02-2006, 10:38 PM   #169
Pow Wow Visitor

unegatowodi has a spectacular aura about
I had almost given up on this thread but now its getting interesting again!
unegatowodi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-02-2006, 10:41 PM   #170
Junior Dancer

Cherie is a jewel in the rough
This thread reminds me of the old movie classic "Cheaper By The Dozen.:lol

I've lost count at how many times the window on my messenger must've popped up showing me I had a message from powwows.com gathering. I'm not complaining it's just funny.

I really and truly have enjoyed reading the many different posts on this site. Some of the replies tickle my funny bone.

The photos are beautiful.
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #171
Pow Wow Visitor

Not all Cherokees are white people

Even tho I'm just a white guy with Cherokee ancestors, lets give 'em a break. There are a lot of full bloods living on the same mountain in NC that Desoto terrorized in 1540. Unless my math is really bad that is 466 years surviving against the european invaders!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:08 PM   #172
Beadworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by unegatowodi
Even tho I'm just a white guy with Cherokee ancestors, lets give 'em a break. There are a lot of full bloods living on the same mountain in NC that Desoto terrorized in 1540. Unless my math is really bad that is 466 years surviving against the european invaders!
lol the cherakeys arent a real tribe or even ndn...

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 02-02-2006, 11:26 PM   #173
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
lol the cherakeys arent a real tribe or even ndn...
yeah, what a funny site. I wish we had better schools so the kids would learn the names of more tribes. That way when the wacko's grow up they wouldn't all pretend to be Cherokee! lol
Old 02-03-2006, 09:47 AM   #174
powwow bum

ndngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond repute
ndngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,659.73
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
ndnexpress dont leave the res with out it
LOL...be careful who you say that to.....they might start printing them!
ndngirl70 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2006, 09:51 AM   #175
Beadworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndngirl70
LOL...be careful who you say that to.....they might start printing them!
we could have the un-discover card...reverse columbus kind of thing...

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 02-03-2006, 12:34 PM   #176
Junior Dancer

chickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Amen, I've been trying to relate the same feelings
chickendad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2006, 12:41 PM   #177
Junior Dancer

chickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Quote:
i dont think this thread was intended to be about the people who go to powwows and want to learn...more about the true fakes who make money off of playing indian ...they are a great threat to us,they mis-represent indian people,our culture,beliefs and spirituality...and in most cases for money...most indian people east of the mississippi dont have bia cards(and i wouldnt carry one even if it was offered...thats THEIR govt and not ours and who are they to say who i am?) cultural exchanges like powwows are one thing but the fakes that are out there selling sweats and vision quests etc are not people who are interested in learning about our ways...
But part of this thread and others I've read and responded to is that if someone isn't Full Blood we are made to feel like liars. Some I've read I feel some real hate because I'm Mixed Blood. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm a member of a state tribe, I still don't feel welcome sometimes on this site. I came to this site to relate and converse with fellow NDN's. Every night I tell myself not to go to this site, but there's not too many sites for us. I guess I'll just wait and see what comes up next.
chickendad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #178
Beadworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendad
But part of this thread and others I've read and responded to is that if someone isn't Full Blood we are made to feel like liars. Some I've read I feel some real hate because I'm Mixed Blood. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm a member of a state tribe, I still don't feel welcome sometimes on this site. I came to this site to relate and converse with fellow NDN's. Every night I tell myself not to go to this site, but there's not too many sites for us. I guess I'll just wait and see what comes up next.
im a mixed blood and ive never had anyone say anything to make me feel unwelcome here at all CD...nor has any one here or in real life ever made me feel like i was a liar because im mixed...i think in this post at least youre misreading what Hywalker was talking about...we are talking about the people who pretend to be indian and then go forth and make money in and by decieving the general public,whether its thru class room or groups talks or demonstrations,by selling things they make as indian made and real...and then by selling off ceremonies and our spirituality...those are the people that are a threat to indian people...i dont see this threads as anything about mixed bloods at all ...the links that were posted are to sites where there are people perpatrating fraud and deciet for whatever gain...

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 02-03-2006, 01:48 PM   #179
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
im a mixed blood and ive never had anyone say anything to make me feel unwelcome here at all CD...nor has any one here or in real life ever made me feel like i was a liar because im mixed...i think in this post at least youre misreading what Hywalker was talking about...we are talking about the people who pretend to be indian and then go forth and make money in and by decieving the general public,whether its thru class room or groups talks or demonstrations,by selling things they make as indian made and real...and then by selling off ceremonies and our spirituality...those are the people that are a threat to indian people...i dont see this threads as anything about mixed bloods at all ...the links that were posted are to sites where there are people perpatrating fraud and deciet for whatever gain...
thanks sokoli_wolf
kiowakat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2006, 01:51 PM   #180
Beadworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiowakat
thanks sokoli_wolf

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Sponsored Links