• 3 Post By yaahl
  • 2 Post By xTekno
  • 3 Post By yaahl
  • 2 Post By xTekno
  • 1 Post By Siobhanni
  • 2 Post By xTekno
  • 2 Post By xTekno
  • 2 Post By lbgood

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat I Hope You All Enjoy Your Powow 2013 I Hope You All Enjoy Your Powow 2013

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Siobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond repute
Siobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,872.33
Savings: 0.00
I Hope You All Enjoy Your Powow 2013

I just wanted to wish you all a Great Powow 2013. I have seen that many of you take part in the competitions and have worked very hard on your fabulous costumes and dances, so I wish you all good luck. And for those of you who do not take part in the competitions, I hope you all have a wonderful time and enjoy the beauty of it all. I hope if I am able next year to be lucky enough to visit and see such a wonderful sight myself, but sadly for now this year I cannot. So I can only wish upon tonights Wonderful Bright Big Full Moon that next year I can be there and see the beauty of it all myself.
Siobhanni is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 92,462.18
Savings: 1.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniebee View Post
I just wanted to wish you all a Great Powow 2013. I have seen that many of you take part in the competitions and have worked very hard on your fabulous costumes and dances, so I wish you all good luck. And for those of you who do not take part in the competitions, I hope you all have a wonderful time and enjoy the beauty of it all. I hope if I am able next year to be lucky enough to visit and see such a wonderful sight myself, but sadly for now this year I cannot. So I can only wish upon tonights Wonderful Bright Big Full Moon that next year I can be there and see the beauty of it all myself.
Exactly! Halloween is coming up! Get your fabulous costumes now before all the good ones are gone!!
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 71,487.60
Jeanniebee, many of us find the term costumes offensive. These outfits are our Indian clothes. We call them regalia, or outfits or dance clothes. Costumes are what kids wear to dress and play pretend. We are not playing Indian.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2013, 04:33 AM   #4

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 15,512.60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
Exactly! Halloween is coming up! Get your fabulous costumes now before all the good ones are gone!!
That reminds me, I was going to get one of those beautiful masks for carneval - venician - carnival in Venice, Italy is a beautiful event, have never been there though. At least my daughter had the pleasure to visit Venice within exchange student mission <--- sorry lacking the proper english word for that - when she was a teen. Anyway I really like them masks but for the good ones gotta pay like 40 Euros, bit much for me. Anyway, was this off topic now?
Siobhanni likes this.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2013, 04:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Jeanniebee, many of us find the term costumes offensive. These outfits are our Indian clothes. We call them regalia, or outfits or dance clothes. Costumes are what kids wear to dress and play pretend. We are not playing Indian.
That's right. Thank you for explaining this to those who didn't know.

@jeanniebee - I think it's a nice thought - but what has the moon got to do with it for you?
Siobhanni likes this.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
Siobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond repute
Siobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

I am soooo sorry if my comment was offensive to anybody. I honestly did not mean it to be. I would never had used the word "Costume" if I had known, so I hope you all can accept my apology. I only was wishing nice thoughts for you all. Now that I know I will never use this term again, once again please accept my apologies.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
Lol sorry Spiritflight I should of explained ro you that I am and have always been drawn to the moon since a small child. Where a lot of people wish upon a star, for thngs they truly wish for or do, I wish upon a beautiful big full moon. I always find it gives me peace when I am troubled or if I hope to visit for example next years powows, I hmmhope the power of the Moon will guide me along the way to my dreams lol yep sounds crazy I know! Lol.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Lol sorry Spiritflight I should of explained ro you that I am and have always been drawn to the moon since a small child. Where a lot of people wish upon a star, for thngs they truly wish for or do, I wish upon a beautiful big full moon. I always find it gives me peace when I am troubled or if I hope to visit for example next years powows, I hmmhope the power of the Moon will guide me along the way to my dreams lol yep sounds crazy I know! Lol.
Does it? If that's what you like and helps you, it's okay, isn't it? People think this or that about what others like or do and may think it's weird, wacky or crazy..., there isn't any harm in what you like, so it's okay and if that contains some kind of beauty for you then - to do or like beautiful things are never crazy, my opinion.
Siobhanni likes this.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #9
Standing Rock

xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritflight View Post
Does it? If that's what you like and helps you, it's okay, isn't it? People think this or that about what others like or do and may think it's weird, wacky or crazy..., there isn't any harm in what you like, so it's okay and if that contains some kind of beauty for you then - to do or like beautiful things are never crazy, my opinion.
Quote:
well, it's a night for weird, wacky and crazy moon lovers tonight! watch for the "seasonal blue moon": the third full moon in a season with four.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Quote:
well, it's a night for weird, wacky and crazy moon lovers tonight! watch for the "seasonal blue moon": the third full moon in a season with four.
Dunno bro, I preferred the supermoon from last month... blue moons remind me of those cliche paintings of wolves and Indian maidens howling at the moon... (maybe that's where the Twilight author got her idea from...lol)
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #11
Standing Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
Dunno bro, I preferred the supermoon from last month... blue moons remind me of those cliche paintings of wolves and Indian maidens howling at the moon... (maybe that's where the Twilight author got her idea from...lol)
OK @yaahl, how do u say "moon"?
windanncer and Siobhanni like this.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #12
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Tth'n - night sky

Now which moon... white folks just say moon.. we say...

dzahi zagh - the cold moon
'lts'lts'n zagh - the kissing day moon
e'ets'lts'ni dz'n zagh - new years moon
dt'anichogh zagh - the big bird moon, the eagle moon
hah zagh - the goose moon
ts''i zagh - the frog moon
ghz yhli zagh - the hatching moon, the egg hatching moon
d'za zagh - the moulting moon
echth zagh - the bird moon
na'idli zagh - the birds flying moon
dn' 'k'n'd'hi zagh - the moose breeding moon
eyun dzin zagh - the crazy day moon
hay zagh - the winter moon
tt'egh yati zagh - the praying night moon
zine doya zagh - the shortest day moon

But to keep it simple for the white folks.. it's zagh
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #13
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
Well I am certainly "Not" even saying anything about the last "Super Moon" and what I thought about it while I was looking up at it, as people think I am Crazy as it is now already!! And do not even get me tempted with the "Seasonal Blue Moon" lol.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #14
Standing Rock

btw @jeanniebee, how was the moon?
Old 08-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #15
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
Lol, Do not even get me started, lets just say it rocked lol. And now I have got Creepy New Neighbours at the back of my house, that everytime I am in my back garden, drying my hair or hanging up washing, playing with my dog, they are peeping out the top window at me:( Well at least it will be dark when I sit and look at the next beautiful full moon.
windanncer likes this.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #16
Standing Rock

Maybe u can just show them a full moon ... did I just say that?
windanncer and yaahl like this.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #17
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
Hahahahaha Rofl, I think there is more chance of me "Flying To The Moon" than doing that lol.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #18
Standing Rock

well, china is planning a moon mission. since you are closer, maybe you can talk with them.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #19
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25
Quote:
Maybe u can just show them a full moon ... did I just say that?
You juss wanna be the man in the moon
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #20
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
Lol, No way! Most things comes out of china are copies or fake! The Rocket will more than likely be made of cheap plastic and fall to bits in 0.5 seconds as soon as anybody sits in it lol.
Sponsored Links